LG V30

Arysyn

I ended up keeping mine. The network issues are still there, but maybe I was being too harsh on launch. The B41 performance is a bit better than it was although I can't put my finger on an update that would have caused the improvement. The V30+ STILL sometimes seems to just forget to pick up LTE. For example, I have a spot that has a great B25 signal and most of the time the phone picks it up right away. But sometimes it just takes its sweet time, hanging out on 1x800 for 5 or 10 minutes until suddenly it realizes there's a 70dbm B25 signal. . It can be annoying. However, in every other way I love this phone. I love the look and feel. Quad-DAC truly sounds amazing if you have the right earbuds/earphones.  I've recently taken the time to really learn how to use the video camera and wow...  Been using it for work videos instead of the DSLR in some circumstances.  Hasn't slowed down a bit, still smooth. The blue tint when looking at an angle is there but I tend to use my phone straight on. I feel bad for all those "I look at my phone at a 45°" users.  Not the phone for you. :) 

I love my v30+. It is one of the best phone I have owned. It does have one major problem, about 50 percent of the time if it goes to 1xrtt 800 it wont reconnect to lte until it is put into airplane mode or powered off. When i first got the phone it would do it every time. I have no issues with reception, but since I live in phoenix and there are many places were you fall to 1xrtt because of the awful site spacing this can get annoying. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2018 at 10:10 AM, jreuschl said:

Everyone given up on this phone it seems?  Right now there's s $20/mo lease deal on it.

My brother got the V30+ yesterday for the $20/month deal. So far seems pretty great. Is holding signal better than my G6. Speeds are faster too. At least on the download side, upload seems a little slower for some reason. Working with a very marginal B41 signal right now. Will try somewhere with better signal soon. 

• Like 2

On 3/3/2018 at 1:56 PM, Dkoellerwx said:

My brother got the V30+ yesterday for the $20/month deal. So far seems pretty great. Is holding signal better than my G6. Speeds are faster too. At least on the download side, upload seems a little slower for some reason. Working with a very marginal B41 signal right now. Will try somewhere with better signal soon. 

The Lg V30 is pretty good and even using the hotspot without using the charger last me at least 6 hours...

Anyone else have this problem with the V30plus where when you make a call using Calling Plus the earpiece volume is amazing, but if you turn of Calling Plus, the earpiece volume is extremely low and can't be raised.

15 hours ago, C.A.R said:

Anyone else have this problem with the V30plus where when you make a call using Calling Plus the earpiece volume is amazing, but if you turn of Calling Plus, the earpiece volume is extremely low and can't be raised.

No I haven't had any problems

I haven't gotten an update saying it's available.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Go into updates and try and force it, earlier today it didn't work but just now it did. Downloading now.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Go into updates and try and force it, earlier today it didn't work but just now it did. Downloading now.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Okay let me try

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

On 3/22/2018 at 3:21 PM, fizzicsguy said:

Has anyone updated their v30 to Oreo yet? Apparently it's available.

Saw it was available a few days ago, but I was out of town and didn't want to take a chance on the update screwing up my phone. Just finished installing it half an hour ago. No problems, so my caution was unwarranted.

Most obvious change so far is an app that monitors power consumption of other apps running in the background. That, and the March security update is applied. Too soon to draw any conclusions yet.

• 2 months later...

Yep, downloaded this last night. Haven't noticed any other changes yet, if any.

There's some speculation that this may be to block the recent rooting method, but since I haven't rooted this phone I can't confirm or deny.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 2:46 PM, jthawks said:

Ok so my mom lives in seattle, she is saying she doesn't have volte. I'm trying to figure out if her phone really has it or not.  You guys say it should but she saying no.  

Thanks

If the phone has the latest update, it has VoLTE. Whether the market is accepting VoLTE calls is a different matter. I don't think VoLTE is active in the Seattle market yet as they continue to roll out B26. Therefore the phone may not allow her to turn it on until she is in a market that is allowing VoLTE calls.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

If the phone has the latest update, it has VoLTE. Whether the market is accepting VoLTE calls is a different matter. I don't think VoLTE is active in the Seattle market yet as the continue to roll out B26. Therefore the phone may not allow her to turn it on until she is in a market that is allowing VoLTE calls.

Thank you. 

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...