Mobile hotspot in Extended LTE

clbowens

Does anyone know if there is a limit (speed or amount of data) to mobile hotspot while in an extended LTE coverage area?
Should just be whatever your plan is while on Sprint native Network.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

Should just be whatever your plan is while on Sprint native Network.

That might be risky, isn't there still Extended LTE non-native roaming as well? The user would have to be 100% sure they are in the correct part of the coverage map that is treated as native roaming before doing this. I think...?

Ok, thanks.

That might be risky, isn't there still Extended LTE non-native roaming as well? The user would have to be 100% sure they are in the correct part of the coverage map that is treated as native roaming before doing this. I think...?

Extended LTE on the coverage map is considered native and you won't be penalized for using data in those areas. If you use a ton and attractive their attention, something could happen. If you are on AT&T roaming, that is capped at 100MB.

Sent from my LG G6

8 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Extended LTE on the coverage map is considered native and you won't be penalized for using data in those areas. If you use a ton and attractive their attention, something could happen. If you are on AT&T roaming, that is capped at 100MB.

Sent from my LG G6

Right, and on the device itself (for 99% of users) there’s no way to know since both types of roaming will say Extended LTE, correct? 

Right, and on the device itself (for 99% of users) there’s no way to know since both types of roaming will say Extended LTE, correct? 

When it's Native the icon next to the signal bar should just say LTE. Where att/VZW roaming will have a big fat R.

1 hour ago, burnout8488 said:

That's true for me. No way to tell whether roaming or on extended unless using siginalcheck or field test to see what band is being used. Phone will show Extended LTE and an R over the signal bars whether roaming or extended. 

That's true for me. No way to tell whether roaming or on extended unless using siginalcheck or field test to see what band is being used. Phone will show Extended LTE and an R over the signal bars whether roaming or extended. 
Hopefully that will change then, since it's considered Native.

• Like 1

Hopefully the roaming indicator does not change and it stays there while roaming. People should not abuse roaming data and if they get kicked of the network for using 50+GB of roaming data they would not be able to say. . .  "I didn't know I was roaming there was no 'r' on my phone."

The roaming limit being removed is good news to me but I keep roaming data off until I can't use my phone which is not much anymore outside of Wifi range.

It's unlikely Sprint will show Native Roaming as a pseudo-native network on phone displays. It's likely to be shown as R on your display. Because Sprint would likely err on the side of a customer afraid to over use in a 'count as native' roaming area than to have them go hog wild and over indulge while roaming.

Sprint allows certain roaming partners to count as native because they anticipate usage from the roaming partners customers on their network to be roughly equal to Sprint customers on theirs.

If Sprint customers over use and throw off the ratios and Sprint starts having to overpay what they projected, they will reconsider. Similar to what happened with Verizon in Maine (and other places).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Years ago when my parents had a mobile broadband router (3G), they somehow managed to rack up a ton of roaming usage one month.  I  then changed it to home only and they never had another problem.  The letter basically says cut it out or your service will be dropped.  Fortunately they got a warning first before a letter of termination of service.