some kids in high school did a project about sprint (video)

stuckinohio1

Well they claim the video is supposed to be a parody of sprint selling their servers or something, either way they took real data and presented it.

i am assuming its a math class considering the data presented is heavily math oriented

No its not me, i found it looking for sprint speed tests on youtube.

EDIT: Btw the video is somewhat boring and dry because they purely focus on the data and that makes it a bit....boring.

Edited by stuckinohio1

This video is a joke and their claim that Sprint is a bad network is based on equipment that is outdated / not supporting CA. Their school is actually in a zone that supports CA and should have gotten a much better download speed.

• Like 1

This video is a joke and their claim that Sprint is a bad network is based on equipment that is outdated / not supporting CA. Their school is actually in a zone that supports CA and should have gotten a much better download speed.

They look like Magentans in disguise! Perhaps John Legere is giving them extra GBs in data stash. 

Seriously, people are stupid because TMobile will take the money back on some corner. It's like their "Free" tablet event this weekend. Okay nice but if you look into the fine print it's not free at all and you are on the hook for min. of $240 if you cancel the service before your "term" is up.

They look like Magentans in disguise! Perhaps John Legere is giving them extra GBs in data stash. 

I made this video. You can find some of my posts in the Toledo market thread. No, I'm not a troll... I personally have nothing against Sprint. I've been a customer for several years and it has satisfied my needs. I don't need 50mbps+ speeds on my phone. No, T-Mobile didn't pay me. It was simply my "final project" for AP Statistics class. We had to come up with a topic, collect our own raw data, and we were supposed to write a report featuring descriptive statistics, at least 5 graphs, regression analysis, numerical hypothesis testing, a confidence interval, and categorical hypothesis testing. However, we were told we could make a video instead of writing a report for extra credit. My friend and I decided to do this because we thought it was creative and something we were interested in... whereas most people did something on sports stats. We originally were going to make an "advertisement" for Sprint, but when we collected the data and it didn't look stellar and we didn't have a whole lot of time to come up with something else before it was due, we just decided to flip the message so to speak. I've read a ton of stuff on this website over the past several years and understand all the benefits of CA and realize it wasn't the best phone to use, and I've even replied to the comments stating that, but I didn't see it reasonable to buy a new phone just for a high school project. I just never expected such a backlash when I published it.

I just never expected such a backlash when I published it.

It's the internet, we even hate kittens :)

I can't fault the stats, my only thoughts are that what you actually proved was Sprint sucks in one location but given its for a high school project and you are really just showcasing the ability to analyse some data that's largely irrelevant. However, putting it on youtube was brave :) 

Some good data for a statistics class but that's it. The saying "Sprint sucks because of this data" is pretty dumb IMO. Should have done the more of "Here it sucks" If I did the same thing you did on TMo from inside my home I wouldn't have ANY data to collect, but if I went outside Id get -125dBm. So TMo must be 5x worse!

What would have been cool is if your partner did the same thing at his house, run the stats on those numbers and then compare the two stats. That'd be a lot of fun.

I made this video. You can find some of my posts in the Toledo market thread. No, I'm not a troll... I personally have nothing against Sprint. I've been a customer for several years and it has satisfied my needs. I don't need 50mbps+ speeds on my phone. No, T-Mobile didn't pay me. It was simply my "final project" for AP Statistics class. We had to come up with a topic, collect our own raw data, and we were supposed to write a report featuring descriptive statistics, at least 5 graphs, regression analysis, numerical hypothesis testing, a confidence interval, and categorical hypothesis testing. However, we were told we could make a video instead of writing a report for extra credit. My friend and I decided to do this because we thought it was creative and something we were interested in... whereas most people did something on sports stats. We originally were going to make an "advertisement" for Sprint, but when we collected the data and it didn't look stellar and we didn't have a whole lot of time to come up with something else before it was due, we just decided to flip the message so to speak. I've read a ton of stuff on this website over the past several years and understand all the benefits of CA and realize it wasn't the best phone to use, and I've even replied to the comments stating that, but I didn't see it reasonable to buy a new phone just for a high school project. I just never expected such a backlash when I published it.

Thank you for the respectful response.

What I think is important to tell you here, is I, along with other members here on S4GRU while we all vary in opinions regarding certain topics, we have certain levels of acceptance towards anything perceived to be anti-Sprint, especially when T-Mobile is involved in that type of discussion. Over the years, it has been way too common for Sprint to be under attack for things and placed in unfair comparisons to how T-Mobile does things. Not to say some comparisons aren't justified, though there have been many that haven't been, and it can be difficult to hear when Sprint is trying to improve.

Would been better if comparison of all 4 carriers.

High school project..give the kid a break. If anything, his presentation was quite impressive considering that none of the hacks who write about the wireless industry collect any data. They did pretty good.
  • Like 1

This thread reminds me of why I'm against the public school system and why there ought to be homeschooling along with private schooling to actually "teach" people, rather than just placing these kind of projects onto student responsibilities.