Samsung Galaxy S7 Rumors thread

bitslizer

So I'm hearing the S7 supports Band 25 Carrier aggregation. If so is this even live in any cities yet? Or just a simple software upgrade?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The iPhone 6S does as well, but this is something Sprint most likely isn't going to implement at all on their side.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This looks interesting. Looks like a smarter version of Doze.

It automatically disables background apps from doing stuff if you haven't used them for 3/5/7 days (selectable).

I haven't heard of this on the Galaxy S6. New feature?

0qXdl5M.png

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SM-G930TZDATMB#!topic/battery_power/set_up_app_power_saving

That feature has been a part of TouchWiz for a while. It's available in the n910c international model Galaxy Note 4 on Lollipop. The USA carriers just removed that nice feature for some stupid reason.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

That feature has been a part of TouchWiz for a while. It's available in the n910c international model Galaxy Note 4 on Lollipop. The USA carriers just removed that nice feature for some stupid reason.

Both my note 4 and tab e on sprint have this app available.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Fit on my gs4t shuts itself down periodically when it doesn't get any attention.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Fit on my gs4t shuts itself down periodically when it doesn't get any attention.

Fit?

Yeah I won't be surprised if pre orders start shipping out sometime early this week. With these types of things carriers seems to under promise and over deliver.

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/02/27/t-mobile-galaxy-s7-and-s7-edge-pre-orders-are-starting-to-ship/

Has Sprint ever had a history of this?  I don't remember getting the GS4T or Photon early.

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/02/27/t-mobile-galaxy-s7-and-s7-edge-pre-orders-are-starting-to-ship/

Has Sprint ever had a history of this?  I don't remember getting the GS4T or Photon early.

Well I am pretty certain that i got both my m9 and s6 edge before the actual release date last year, but I could be wrong. Other previous devices included the evo 3d, which I got early and the touch pro 2 which I got very early, so yeah it's happened quite a few times it just depends on the device.

It seems like warehouses will be stocked this week for the majority of the major carriers and I am sure they won't wait for any release dates especially since it's confirmed that t-mobile are already sending out devices. So if you pre ordered I wouldn't be surprised if you get your device before the 7th but only time will tell.

• Like 1

Has Sprint ever had a history of this? I don't remember getting the GS4T or Photon early.

They did for the S4 preorder. I got mine 3 to 4 days early. The S6E, I got it on time.

I think it's for gear VR games.

I just saw they are also throwing in a 6-game bundle with the pre-order. Was this discussed previously?

No information showed up with the VR Gear so it'll probably install when the vrGear is installed on the phone if sprint is participating.

Check your orders.

Status message changed this morning.

"Status: Your order for the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge has been received. Orders placed before 3:00 PM CT on 2/29 will begin shipping 2/29. Orders placed after 3:00 PM CT on 2/29, will deliver in 2-5 business days from the date of the order. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Thank you for your patience."

• Like 2

Saw this a few hours ago, so hopefully we will be getting them between today and tomorrow. No way sprint would be waiting until next week and t-mobile customers are already getting them, not surprised by this update at all.

Saw this a few hours ago, so hopefully we will be getting them between today and tomorrow. No way sprint would be waiting until next week and t-mobile customers are already getting them, not surprised by this update at all.

I won't be that optimistic, it'd be more realistic to say by the weekend. The closer you are to Louisville, KY the faster you'll see delivery once they start to track.

I won't be that optimistic, it'd be more realistic to say by the weekend. The closer you are to Louisville, KY the faster you'll see delivery once they start to track.

I'm willing to bet that at least one of us here will get it by tomorrow.

Let me also add that there have been many times I have ordered a phone and it showed up the same exact day they decided to send out tracking info. So yeah, I am pretty sure some are already in transit to customers but they just haven't sent out shipping notifications as yet. Also, last year when I ordered my s6edge, I was in the US Virgin Islands at the time and still got it in less than 48 hours from the initial shipping date.

• Like 1

The message changed again...

Status:Your order for the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge has been received. Orders placed before 10:00 AM CT on 3/1 will deliver in 2-5 business days. Orders placed after 10:00 AM CT on 3/1, will begin shipping 3/7. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Thank you for your patience.

==================

I am reading that as saying:

Anyone ordering after this point doesn't get the "early" release service.

The message changed again...

Status:Your order for the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge has been received. Orders placed before 10:00 AM CT on 3/1 will deliver in 2-5 business days. Orders placed after 10:00 AM CT on 3/1, will begin shipping 3/7. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Thank you for your patience.

==================
I am reading that as saying:
Anyone ordering after this point doesn't get the "early" release service.

Thats what I am hoping for as well.

I have tracking delivery by second-day air.  Per tracking my S7Es will be here tomorrow.

When exactly did you order and was it online or through telesales?