Sprint to offer $1B in Senior Notes

KD8JBF

Sprint will offer $1B In Senior Notes. The proceeds could be used for any of the following, "...working capital requirements, retirement or service requirements of outstanding debt and network expansion and modernization."

Read the press release here....What do you think? I hope its network expansion!

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-announces-1-billion-senior-notes-offering.htm?view_id=9619

• Like 4

As much as the AWS-3 Auction went for, I don't think just $1B is going to cut it....if the auction does happen, they're going to need a lot more capital to be able to get a good amount of spectrum. Unless it isn't part of their strategy. We shall see i guess...

As much as the AWS-3 Auction went for, I don't think just $1B is going to cut it....if the auction does happen, they're going to need a lot more capital to be able to get a good amount of spectrum. Unless it isn't part of their strategy. We shall see i guess...

It may just be cheaper to flood the nation with more cell sites than trying to win some 600MHz, depending on how aggressive ATT/VZN/DISH are.

• Like 7

It may just be cheaper to flood the nation with more cell sites than trying to win some 600MHz, depending on how aggressive ATT/VZN/DISH are.

I agree with this sentiment. I don't think that 600Mhz will propagate any better than 800Mhz...Maybe a little bit. But it would be more for capacity's sake than for coverage. Maybe buy a small sliver of the 600 (10x10) use it along with your other bands and go to town densifying and expanding the network.

Consider the amount you spend on new equipments and handsets, small amount of 600 doesn't make any good consider there are good chunk of b41.

I agree with this sentiment. I don't think that 600Mhz will propagate any better than 800Mhz...Maybe a little bit. But it would be more for capacity's sake than for coverage. Maybe buy a small sliver of the 600 (10x10) use it along with your other bands and go to town densifying and expanding the network.

Sprint will offer $1B In Senior Notes. The proceeds could be used for any of the following, "...working capital requirements, retirement or service requirements of outstanding debt and network expansion and modernization."

Read the press release here....What do you think? I hope its network expansion!

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-announces-1-billion-senior-notes-offering.htm?view_id=9619

Cash for nTelos? :D

• Like 2

They got a good deal or needed more capital. Some of their notes have double this rate.

10fdd is NOT a small sliver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10fdd is NOT a small sliver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true about the statement. Yet I have to point that in today's market and tomorrow's it will be much different.

A couple things to keep in mind abpit this spectrum. This frequency will be usable at earliest a few years post auction; National data use will have eleventeentupled by then, so imagine large swaths to go fast.

I also believe a goal of about 100+ MHz of spectrum has been set by the FCC. This this will be a giant clearing and "repacking". At such a volume most will try to go whole hog and aim for wider channels, the tech will be there by then to accommodate it. AT&T has stated they would like 20MHz FDD, now that seems giant today but this spectrum will be used for coverage as well as capacity at this point, also m2m and IoT.

This is all dependant on this whole thing actually going off as described. Government × Broadcasters ÷ Cell carriers / Data usage + IoT = divide by 0 it may never happen at this rate. So 10MHz FDD may stay big for awhile.

Also, where does one pick up some of these notes?

Check with your investment advisor, or if you have a brokerage account with someone like Fidelity you might be able to purchase with them. When you purchase from a broker like Fidelity you're buying on the secondary market so there's a price adjustment.

Read the press release here....What do you think?

That for a company that is still struggling to turn a profit and has over $30 billion in long-term debt it is far more likely to be working capital or debt retirement on higher interest bonds.