iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Is anyone going to use the iCloud photo library (beta)?

I'm thinking about it.

I'm kind of already doing it as it is. Everything goes into iCloud and then I delete the shots off the phones weekly after I dump them to my iMac.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Crapatalk

Doubtful.  If our email system (University of Wisconsin) goes down, or really has any issues at all, then all hell breaks loose on campus.  I definitely would've heard about that.  Also, as soon as I opened my Mail app the messages came flooding in.  My personal email account was doing the same thing too.  Definitely something strange was happening though.

I tinkered with it a little bit more this morning by switching Push on and off like 10 times...  maybe it finally took hold.

I take it all campus alerts go through the email system.  That would be a serious issue.

Oh... Good luck against the Turtles this weekend at Camp Randall.

So I'm going to be getting my phone in 20 minutes or less, and I'm trying to decide whether I should just restore from my current backup, which I have had since March 2013 when I first got my iPhone 5, or just start fresh.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

So I'm going to be getting my phone in 20 minutes or less, and I'm trying to decide whether I should just restore from my current backup, which I have had since March 2013 when I first got my iPhone 5, or just start fresh.

I'm a big fan of starting fresh... make sure you're not carrying over any bugs or gremlins from previous systems. 

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of starting fresh... make sure you're not carrying over any bugs or gremlins from previous systems.

I think I'll do that this time. Thanks!

Apple Pay is dead simple. Wow.

My debit card (pnc) isn't yet supported, but my credit card (capital one) is. I hate using credit, but I added it and I'm going to attempt to use it later today for gas or something.

Sent from my iPhone 6

My iMessage won't activate at all. This thing is making me mad. Grr.

Turn iMessage off on your 5s. Apple might be confusing the two different phones.

Then turn it off and on on your 6+. Probably signing out of iTunes wouldn't hurt.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

Turn iMessage off on your 5s. Apple might be confusing the two different phones.

Then turn it off and on on your 6+. Probably signing out of iTunes wouldn't hurt.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

I'm in Fresno, CA, so I'll stop at Apple and use their wifi to deactivate iMessage, and if I delete my iCloud account off here, I won't be able to load it back on. :/

I'm in Fresno, CA, so I'll stop at Apple and use their wifi to deactivate iMessage, and if I delete my iCloud account off here, I won't be able to load it back on. :/

what I would do is restore the iPhone and run through the set up again I had no problems switching from 5 to the 6. Thank god for TRI-BAND

what I would do is restore the iPhone and run through the set up again I had no problems switching from 5 to the 6. Thank god for TRI-BAND

I was having problems setting up my iCloud account before restoring from a backup to begin with.

I was having problems setting up my iCloud account before restoring from a backup to begin with.

I had an issue when I got my new phone last friday. It took a while for it to connect to iMessage. I am not sure if this is the same issue you are having, maybe it's been elevated to a more serious issue now.

Whenever I would be on an android kick, and have iMessage deactivated so that people could text me, it would always give me problems turning it back on. It would just hang forever and not switch on. Doing a power+home button reset fixed it every time. Try that out.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I had an issue when I got my new phone last friday. It took a while for it to connect to iMessage. I am not sure if this is the same issue you are having, maybe it's been elevated to a more serious issue now.

I don't know, maybe. My contacts won't even download from iCloud now. I have an appointment for tomorrow to take it back, but I'm going to see if Sprint will exchange it first.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

It's a dud. Unless my iCloud account is shot from using 2 factor authentication. I have an appointment tomorrow at Apple to see what they can do.

On the plus side, I have Band 41 LTE in Visalia, and it works pretty good.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just ordered a 6 Plus tonight after a few weeks of debating whether I should stay with Sprint. I really hope a tri band device makes a difference. Ship date is 4 to 6 weeks. I'm hoping it won't take that long. They offered $240 for my iPhone 5 which I thought was pretty good.

• Like 1

Just ordered a 6 Plus tonight after a few weeks of debating whether I should stay with Sprint. I really hope a tri band device makes a difference. Ship date is 4 to 6 weeks. I'm hoping it won't take that long. They offered $240 for my iPhone 5 which I thought was pretty good.

Still at $240 for iPhone 5? Not bad.

I ordered the 128/g space gray three weeks ago. Still no shipping notification yet. I was hoping the 4-6 weeks time frame was long quoted. Not looking that way now.

Oh, and Zagg InvisibleShield Glass is awesome! So clean for a screen protector.

I had that on the phone I gave back. I loved the clean feeling it gave the phone. I hope I can reuse it on my new phone when I get it.

• Like 1