"A Sprint comeback? Yes, it's possible"

COZisBack

With a new CEO and disruptive pricing plans, the third-largest U.S. wireless carrier is aggressively staging a comeback.

Wall Street shouldn’t rule out a Sprint comeback just yet. While the market shrugged off the aggressive new pricing plans the carrier announced Tuesday, a Sprint executive tells Fortune that the company isn’t done tweaking the cost of its phone plans.

The tide is getting ready to turn folks. It may be the best time to jump on and finally have solid expectations.

http://fortune.com/2014/08/21/sprint-disruptive-pricing/

• Like 17

Don't call it a comeback... :D

I was going to look for a clip like that.  But then I got sidetracked.  "Squirrel!"

Robert

• Like 1

I was going to look for a clip like that.  But then I got sidetracked.  "Squirrel!"

Robert

It was all those post you made in the keep a word, drop a word thread. :roflmao:

• Like 1

It would be great and game changing and disruptive if they gave unlimited data to tablets.. Would be an awesome

Way to get people to like the network!

They can't do that.  It will just ruin the network.  People are much more likely to stream, and have their kids stream video, on a tablet.  They know that tablet users on unlimited would just destroy the network.  They *might* consider something like that after B41 3 carrier CA comes out and was ubiquitous.  But they can't do it now without destroying their network.

Robert

• Like 4

It would be great and game changing and disruptive if they gave unlimited data to tablets.. Would be an awesome

Way to get people to like the network!

No way, no how.  A big negative.  People would like unlimited tablet data too much.  And as Robert said, it would be "disruptive" to the network.  All users would suffer.

AJ

• Like 1

They can't do that.  It will just ruin the network.  People are much more likely to stream, and have their kids stream video, on a tablet.  They know that tablet users on unlimited would just destroy the network.  They *might* consider something like that after B41 3 carrier CA comes out and was ubiquitous.  But they can't do it now without destroying their network.

Robert

Please delete my double post.

You are right about the network, what about 3free GB for a year? With purchase of tablet then $15 after that..

Please delete my double post.

You are right about the network, what about 3free GB for a year? With purchase of tablet then $15 after that..

Tablet plans need to be revamped. Even I agree with that. $10 for 1GB $15 for 2GB, $25 for 3GB, etc.. That would save me some money.

• Like 4

Tablet plans need to be revamped. Even I agree with that. $10 for 1GB $15 for 2GB, $25 for 3GB, etc.. That would save me some money.

Hotspots, too. I'll never use 3GB on my Mifi, but that's the entry point.

Yea sadly people wouldn't use there wifi and just keep it on the sprint network all the time. They could offer 1gb for free and one up t-mobile and then charge a decent rate for data after that.

Absolutely.  And for many people, that would be enough incentive to even get rid of their home ISP.  Further burdening the network.

Robert

I just bought more shares of S than my wife would be comfortable knowing about. Not because of this article, mind you, but because I believe the comeback isn't just possible, but that it's happening now.

The market is reacting to disruption again, and the bottom fell out of what T-Mobile can realistically offer to match this kind of promotion.

• Like 8

I just bought more shares of S than my wife would be comfortable knowing about. Not because of this article, mind you, but because I believe the comeback isn't just possible, but that it's happening now.

Yeah, I don't understand the stock price for Sprint.

Even if you think Sprint is the worst company ever, and even if you think the company should be disbanded entirely, the stock price still seems too low.

As just a spectrum holding company (even if you ingnore all revenue, and all other assets) I'd expect the price to be higher than $5.50. Sprint's market cap is lower than the value of it's spectrum alone, based on the pricing seen from the recent AWS auction.

I feel like the stock price is more a reflection of investors reacting frantically to "bad performance", rather than having any meaningful insight into the actual value of the company.

• Like 3

Everyone thinks sprint is a bad investment, while right now on paper it doesn't look great. But they finally made a little of a profit and they still have good customer numbers. I have been thinking about getting some sprint stock too, I know in a few years. I would be mad at myself if didnt, also softbank didn't buy a company to lose money. We all know by the end of this year 100 million people covered with band 41 and it will keep growing. Getting better right day in my mind :)

• Like 3

Yeah, I don't understand the stock price for Sprint.

Even if you think Sprint is the worst company ever, and even if you think the company should be disbanded entirely, the stock price still seems too low.

As just a spectrum holding company (even if you ingnore all revenue, and all other assets) I'd expect the price to be higher than $5.50. Sprint's market cap is lower than the value of it's spectrum alone, based on the pricing seen from the recent AWS auction.

I feel like the stock price is more a reflection of investors reacting frantically to "bad performance", rather than having any meaningful insight into the actual value of the company.

After looking at Sprints "S" stock chart they mayl bounce and appear to be in a wave three decline on the daily. The weekly chart is showing possible support at 501. The 50 SMA is 5.05 on the weekly so lets see how this plays out. The daily chart is poised for a bounce AND IF THIS IS A 5 WAVE STRUCTURE IT CAN GO LOWER since wave three appears to be in.  Wave 4 can bounce and fall back to the last bottom of 5.36, or continue lower. Again the weekly 50 SMA is 5.05. Since the 2.10 bottom the stock went to 11.47, and has since retrace 61.8%. This s just a correction in my opinion when the bottom is in be ready to buy. You all know what the inside scoop is don't  be fooled

I am going to make a chart analysis and if anyone that would like to read and learn LMK!

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE
  • Like 4

After looking at Sprints "S" stock chart they mayl bounce and appear to be in a wave three decline on the daily. The weekly chart is showing possible support at 501. The 50 SMA is 5.05 on the weekly so lets see how this plays out. The daily chart is poised for a bounce AND IF THIS IS A 5 WAVE STRUCTURE IT CAN GO LOWER since wave three appears to be in.  Wave 4 can bounce and fall back to the last bottom of 5.36, or continue lower. Again the weekly 50 SMA is 5.05. Since the 2.10 bottom the stock went to 11.47, and has since retrace 61.8%. This s just a correction in my opinion when the bottom is in be ready to buy. You all know what the inside scoop is don't  be fooled

I am going to make a chart analysis and if anyone that would like to read and learn LMK!

The only thing I understood fro.all of that was the last two sentences haha. What does this all mean?
  • Like 1

After looking at Sprints "S" stock chart they mayl bounce and appear to be in a wave three decline on the daily. The weekly chart is showing possible support at 501. The 50 SMA is 5.05 on the weekly so lets see how this plays out. The daily chart is poised for a bounce AND IF THIS IS A 5 WAVE STRUCTURE IT CAN GO LOWER since wave three appears to be in. Wave 4 can bounce and fall back to the last bottom of 5.36, or continue lower. Again the weekly 50 SMA is 5.05. Since the 2.10 bottom the stock went to 11.47, and has since retrace 61.8%. This s just a correction in my opinion when the bottom is in be ready to buy. You all know what the inside scoop is don't be fooled

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 3

A 2GB hotspot plan @ $20/mo would be awesome!

Remember the 2gbs for $15 promo?

They should start there....$15 2g

Sprint should also look throw a token towards current customers... As in flat rate pricing on data...

If you have a active sprint phone flat rate of $5 GB... Tablet/hotspot.. People on framily or individual plan... Its equals the $100 family share plan... No access fees for easy pay customers and $5 fee after that..

That shouldn't overburden sprint but people might come running.. It would really separate sprint plans from other carriers.

Remember the 2gbs for $15 promo?

They should start there....$15 2g

Yep, I still have it. It's more like 2GB for $10-ish dollars (since it includes a $5-ish device subsidy, although a lower one at the $200 ETF "non-advanced device" rate).

$5/gb seems like a totally fair, totally reasonable price for LTE data. I'd happily pay for metered data on multiple devices at that price.

Sprint should also look throw a token towards current customers... As in flat rate pricing on data...

If you have a active sprint phone flat rate of $5 GB... Tablet/hotspot.. People on framily or individual plan... Its equals the $100 family share plan... No access fees for easy pay customers and $5 fee after that..

That shouldn't overburden sprint but people might come running.. It would really separate sprint plans from other carriers.

Agree completely. I'm pretty sure all the data/tablet rates will have to be changed. A lot of them are just...broken..right now.

For instance, on most metered Sprint phone plans, overages are $15 per gigabyte ($0.015/MB) for phone data. This is really high, but not terribly unreasonable. (Same cost Verizon / AT&T usually charge for overages).

But if you go over on your hotspot, that overage jumps to $50 per gigabyte ($0.05/MB). Even on the same physical phone, the "phone" data is $15/gb overage rates, and the "hotspot" data on that same phone is $50 per gigabyte.

(see http://i.imgur.com/G0GIono.png )

Stuff like that will have to get fixed at some point. I'm hoping when the dust settles on these new individual and family plans, they'll start looking at the less popular stuff like tablet and hotspot data plans and bring that pricing back down to earth.

• Like 3