Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

And it's way too small for the largest single team NFL city, that's the kicker. The architects, city, and team were smoking herb when they designed that. 

In sports and entertainment, having unsatisfied demand is not always a bad thing.

For example, take Allen Fieldhouse at the University of Kansas.  By consensus, it is the best arena in college basketball.  At 16,300, it is not small.  But it is always sold out.  Demand outstrips supply so much that the university could build a new 25,000 seat arena and fill it for many games -- but not all games.  The loss with a larger new arena would be not only history and atmosphere but also pent up demand.

I think it just a shame what the South Side of Chicago did to Comiskey Park first, Soldier Field second.  But, hey, maybe the North Side will join in and screw things up, too, with the gentrification of Wrigley Field.

AJ

One of the pillars of our strategy was to merge Sprint with another player. That was the plan,” Son said during a press conference.

http://app.wirelessweek.com/news/2015/02/softbank-earnings-sunk-sprint

Yep. And now you are seeing Plan B. No Hesse and a scrappy fight.
  • Like 2

Yep. And now you are seeing Plan B. No Hesse and a scrappy fight.

One of the pillars of our strategy was to merge Sprint with another player. That was the plan,” Son said during a press conference.

If I remember IFRS correctly, the impairment is shown in OCI which in the long run is a plug for the balance sheet.  Japan's markets are down in general over the last month.  If sprint has another quarter with additions for customers, see the stock rebound.

• Like 2

So this is why softbank wanted to be in a 3-carrier market.

These figures are insane.

http://cdn.softbank.jp/en/corp/set/data/irinfo/presentations/results/pdf/2014/softbank_presentation_2014_003.pdf

So this is why softbank wanted to be in a 3-carrier market.

These figures are insane.

http://cdn.softbank.jp/en/corp/set/data/irinfo/presentations/results/pdf/2014/softbank_presentation_2014_003.pdf

This is profit sharing between the three carriers in Japan. Sprint and Tmo profits combined would have been able to compete on a level playing field against the duo.

This is profit sharing between the three carriers in Japan. Sprint and Tmo profits combined would have been able to compete on a level playing field against the duo.

Check out how much dividends, share buybacks att vzw have for 2014.

There's a plenty to go around.

Besides, if sprint TMO had merged l, less likely you would've gotten the $50/60 unlimited plan

The Japanese regulator has a different word for Japanese carriers:

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL3N0N83E020140423?irpc=932

Check out how much dividends, share buybacks att vzw have for 2014.

There's a plenty to go around.

Besides, if sprint TMO had merged l, less likely you would've gotten the $50/60 unlimited plan

Thank you for proving my point.

With Sprint not investing into the network until 2011 due to insufficient profits, bad prior decisions, and a lackluster business model, consolidation is the most common variable (i.e., JP Morgan 1900's).

There is plenty to go around, but the "go around" is with the big two. To obtain those customers, consolidation was logical. Since that didn't happen, your point of $50/60 is valid. Sprint's only option for 2015 will be a price differentiation. 

The Japanese regulator has a different word for Japanese carriers:

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL3N0N83E020140423?irpc=932

I am sorry but any cellular network in the world is an oligopoly.  High barriers of entry with intensive capital investment going forward. This is plain and simple.

In addition, a standard plan is $55 a month. I'll take that. We don't even have an average with 4 carriers

I am sorry but any cellular network in the world is an oligopoly. High barriers of entry with intensive capital investment going forward. This is plain and simple.

In addition, a standard plan is $55 a month. I'll take that. We don't even have an average with 4 carriers

That's because there's an imbalance in the low band spectrum allocation. Once TMO and sprint have nationwide 5x5, att vzw arpu will come down.

In japan spectrum is not auctioned off it's awarded based on national interest.

This is what makes me want to switch to Cricket...

2fdb26b6e0bf6db51a9ce2df231af428.jpg

I can drive a few hundred feet and it goes to 3G at 600kbps :-(

Just wish for a more consistent data network

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

600kbps is faster than what I get on TMO when I leave city limits.
  • Like 1

This is what makes me want to switch to Cricket...

2fdb26b6e0bf6db51a9ce2df231af428.jpg

I can drive a few hundred feet and it goes to 3G at 600kbps :-(

Just wish for a more consistent data network

I thought Cricket was limited to 8Mbps? Or was that just AIO?
  • Like 1

I thought Cricket was limited to 8Mbps? Or was that just AIO?

I think LTE is 12, in theory you'd think they would want you to drain that bucket quick lol. 20gb for $55 including taxes is appealing.

Honestly I don't care about 60mbps down I've seen with Sprint. 4mbps with reliability is more important I THINK....

Again not bashing here. Just venting lol.

I think LTE is 12, in theory you'd think they would want you to drain that bucket quick lol. 20gb for $55 including taxes is appealing.

Honestly I don't care about 60mbps down I've seen with Sprint. 4mbps with reliability is more important I THINK....

Nope lte is 8mbps. Same as TMO simply prepaid.
  • Like 1

Could just be where you live. *shrugs*

The Root data seems to be indicating Sprint is getting more reliable as a whole.

• Like 1

Nope lte is 8mbps. Same as TMO simply prepaid.

yup I thought they upped it.

http://cricketwireless.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=20306&cat=3189

Honestly I heavily doubt I'd switch - mostly due to device cost. More than anything.

And I'm really interested to see if Marcelo and SB can turn it around.

Could just be where you live. *shrugs*

The Root data seems to be indicating Sprint is getting more reliable as a whole.

no doubt improvements are here. But data speeds on the root chart is telling.

I'm overall much happier as well since this time last year.

I am sorry but any cellular network in the world is an oligopoly. High barriers of entry with intensive capital investment going forward. This is plain and simple.

Oligolpoly is an efficient outcome in any industry with return to scale and this is certainly true of wireless. The question is can government figure out the right number of players or is the market better able to do that? In Japan the government has the players it wants and I think that accounts for the large profits the players get.
  • Like 2