Dish Will Bid in 600Mhz Auction

marioc21

They will also bid in the upcoming AWS-3 auction. They will bid for the standalone uplink 1695-1710 MHz, which will then be combined with their 2180-2200MHz downlink. They will also have a 25x5 chunk adjacent to Sprint's block G. I think they will trade that chunk for Sprint hosting their other spectrum. Sprint might also lease them a portion of EBS for fixed broadband.

If Dish can strong-arm AT&T into selling them their 700MHz D block spectrum in return for Dish's not opposing the DirectTV merger Dish will have 12MHz to use LTE Broadcast for special events such as the Super Bowl, Daytona 500, etc. Any other time that spectrum can get aggregated via carrier aggregation with one of their other downlinks. Maybe, Sprint can tie up with Dish somehow, not necessarily through a complete merger. I hope that Sprint has enough visionary thinkers that think strategically....

Well they could be doing this to drive prices up for Sprint or T-Mobile. Maybe it could be a deal in he making with Possibly deploying along side with sprint and sharing spectrum?

Mita Copier will buy the Baseball Hall of Fame and install Pete Rose.

Oh, wait, based on the thread title, I thought we were making predictions.

https://screen.yahoo.com/arakawa-group-000000693.html

:P

AJ

• Like 1

Well they could be doing this to drive prices up for Sprint or T-Mobile. Maybe it could be a deal in he making with Possibly deploying along side with sprint and sharing spectrum?

I hope something comes out of it. 

I hope something comes out of it.

Well what makes me curious now is will dish get a reserved chunk? And if so after the auction would the FCC allow a spectrum partnership, or trade of AWS for 600mhz spectrum(if they deal with T-Mobile)

Well what makes me curious now is will dish get a reserved chunk? And if so after the auction would the FCC allow a spectrum partnership, or trade of AWS for 600mhz spectrum(if they deal with T-Mobile)

Dish has spectrum, but does not have a network. They need to partner with somebody.

Partner or get its hands on Tmo or the Tmo sites that sprint wouldn't need...

Charlie must have some big plans to keep buying spectrum and not deploy

He can't deploy. It costs an arm and a leg. Just ask Sprint... :)

Dish has spectrum, but does not have a network. They need to partner with somebody.

I known they have no infrastructure for wireless networks.But if they buy up spectrum they could be planning a sale afterwards and charge a premium

If Dish can strong-arm AT&T into selling them their 700MHz D block spectrum in return for Dish's not opposing the DirectTV merger Dish will have 12MHz to use LTE Broadcast for special events such as the Super Bowl, Daytona 500, etc. Any other time that spectrum can get aggregated via carrier aggregation with one of their other downlinks. Maybe, Sprint can tie up with Dish somehow, not necessarily through a complete merger. I hope that Sprint has enough visionary thinkers that think strategically....

Why is Dish, a satellite tv provider, interested in offering LTE service at special events like the Super Bowl and Daytona 500?

Why is Dish, a satellite tv provider, interested in offering LTE service at special events like the Super Bowl and Daytona 500?

Because they want to capture their fair share of cord cutters. People that want to watch live events on their tablets or laptops or even phones.

• Like 1

Link?

If Dish can strong-arm AT&T into selling them their 700MHz D block spectrum...

Had Sprint, Clearwire, and their ecosystem partners pushed on with WiMAX, I have oft wondered if they could have gotten the Lower 700 MHz unpaired D/E blocks from Qualcomm, AT&T, and/or Dish.  A 10 MHz TDD carrier in that spectrum would have done a lot to alleviate WiMAX coverage issues.

AJ

• Like 4

Had Sprint, Clearwire, and their ecosystem partners pushed on with WiMAX, I have oft wondered if they could have gotten the Lower 700 MHz unpaired D/E blocks from Qualcomm, AT&T, and/or Dish.  A 10 MHz TDD carrier in that spectrum would have done a lot to alleviate WiMAX coverage issues.

AJ

Yes, but it requires thinking out of the box!Oh, money as well...

AJ

The cynical side of me says it wouldn't have mattered what would have happened because no else really deployed WiMAX in a cellular setting like Sprint did.