Sprint announces a Harman-Kardon version of the HTC One M8

Poke

This version sounds enticing with the enhancements. I'm going to need the see the finish though. Sounds quite nice.

Edit: seen the finish and I not sure I like it in pics. Same with the amber gold thought it would look better thann it did. Was disappointed in person. So hopefully this makes a better live impression!

With Sprint Easy Pay, well-qualified buyers can purchase HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon edition with $0 down (plus tax) and 24 monthly payments of $28.34.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

There are reports the sprint M8 is essentially the same. So will they release an update to enable the software aspects to the first release gunmetal gold editions as well? In reviews they've stated the HTC one m8 weighted different than the other carrier versions!

There are reports the sprint M8 is essentially the same. So will they release an update to enable the software aspects to the first release gunmetal gold editions as well? In reviews they've stated the HTC one m8 weighted different than the other carrier versions!

There's an RRU over on XDA that's supposedly from the HK m8, if you use an HK capable ROM you can enable the features on your sprint m8 already.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

There's an RRU over on XDA that's supposedly from the HK m8, if you use an HK capable ROM you can enable the features on your sprint m8 already.

I would go that route I'm not sold on this color scheme! http://androidandme.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/htconem8harmankardonaam.jpg

I say this now but may go and secretly buy it,and not mention it haha!

• Like 1

$229 on contract. That sounds good, considering that supposedly the HK headphones are $150! 

Yeah that's not to bad only issue is I would have to buy 3 so might be better to do the easy pay unless they would give me some kind of deal for getting more than one. :) 

$229 on contract. That sounds good, considering that supposedly the HK headphones are $150!

Sprint probably got the headphones for next to nothing, you wouldn't believe the markup on the $399/$150bogo HK oynx speaker sprint sells.

Not really a loss to current m8 owners(with the exception of the headphones) being that its all software anyway.  As a matter of fact there is an RUU that has been available to flash that already has the HK audio enhancements.   I been running a custom version of the rom for a week now and for what its worth you can tell a slight difference with the HK audio but nothing you can't enjoy yourself if you use an app like poweramp.  Anyway, I do kinda like the gold and black though, it does give it that extra premium look to the m8.

• Like 1

It actually pisses me off that 30 days after they release the phone they release this one.  I should be able to exchange 1 for 1 if I wanted too, but obviously cant.  6 months later, ok, I get it.  But I have had this phone for 23 days, and there is a better version of it already.

It actually pisses me off that 30 days after they release the phone they release this one. I should be able to exchange 1 for 1 if I wanted too, but obviously cant. 6 months later, ok, I get it. But I have had this phone for 23 days, and there is a better version of it already.

Its just a different color and some headphones. Sort of like the premium version of gaming consoles that come out later on with games bundled in. They're just there to boost sales afterwards when the hype has worn off a bit. Maybe they'd let you trade up if you went into a corporate store and were nice when you explained your situation?

Its just a different color and some headphones. Sort of like the premium version of gaming consoles that come out later on with games bundled in. They're just there to boost sales afterwards when the hype has worn off a bit. Maybe they'd let you trade up if you went into a corporate store and were nice when you explained your situation?

I dont see that happening, they have no incentive to allow it.  So basically, even if all is equal and hardware is truely already "there" with the vanilla M8, I still miss out of a sick deal on some nice ear buds.  I actually would be very content with getting a coupon to buy the ear buds for 30 bucks (difference in price of mine vs this m8)

I dont see that happening, they have no incentive to allow it. So basically, even if all is equal and hardware is truely already "there" with the vanilla M8, I still miss out of a sick deal on some nice ear buds. I actually would be very content with getting a coupon to buy the ear buds for 30 bucks (difference in price of mine vs this m8)

Do you think you could ask HK customer support if they'd be willing to offer you a discount on the same earbuds? That'd be a great pr move by them...its kind of a long shot but it might pay off.

I am going to try, because it doesnt hurt too. I just shame all parties involved for not offering it in the first place.

Honestly I agree with you, but I also understand why they aren't doing it. With this being HTC and them trying to really get back in the mobile phone game, and trying get word out that they do have an amazing phone...well I'm disappointed in them because all this is doing is causing ill will towards them:/.

They should of waited longer, 90 days is very palatable, but less than 30 from initial release just makes people have buyers remorse.  Too bad I guess.  Life isnt always fair.

They should of waited longer, 90 days is very palatable, but less than 30 from initial release just makes people have buyers remorse.  Too bad I guess.  Life isnt always fair.

Sorry to say but those who will have buyers remorse over something like this will be in the extreme minority.  Also, if this device was released 6 months from now, people will still have the same complaint.  Now if there were actual hardware differences with the device, like it coming with better speakers, camera and lets say an s805 chip then I could understand but its just software that distinguishes it from the "regular one", and that same software is already available if you really wanted it.  Also, those earbuds look cool but if audio is really your thing then I can guarantee that those headphones would never leave the box anyway because there are a lot better options out there.

There is no solid proof that the hardware is already there and this is merely a mixer on the software side.  I have read both, and I havent seen definitive answers either way.

That being said, you essentially pay 30 bucks for headphones if the phones are equal.  They make a good product.  Sure, bose and beats are better (in my opinion), but for 30 bucks those headphones would be a pretty good deal.  I wont pay 150 for ear buds, i dont care if jesus christ himself made them.