Samsung Galaxy S5 User Thread

LuisBOSS302

Here is the change log.

YBp85nel.png

And the spinning logo with 1 bar under -100 dbm is gone!

nWdC6X2.png

Overall, no change in rf...thus far (fingers crossed Samsung doesn't follow tradition and neuters rf performance as it has done with late updates in past models). Will monitor wake locks throughout the day tomorrow while it charges.

EDIT:

Would also like to add that the Sprint Spark Walmart logo is gone from boot up screen and has been replaced with a 3D rendering of the Sprint pin drop literally falling from the screen. Looks way better...still too yellow though.

I have the update.  I like the new signal meter, except when it looks like I have about 3 "bars" of LTE, then it drops to 3G.  Before, in that area, I would have 1 bar of LTE and it would drop to 3G.

Now it LOOKS worse, b/c it LOOKS like I have about 3 bars of LTE then it drops to 3G.

I have the update. I like the new signal meter, except when it looks like I have about 3 "bars" of LTE, then it drops to 3G. Before, in that area, I would have 1 bar of LTE and it would drop to 3G.

Now it LOOKS worse, b/c it LOOKS like I have about 3 bars of LTE then it drops to 3G.

Yup. I can have 3 bars of B41 and then have it drop to B26.

Unfortunately, that's the least of my worries. Phantom screen wakes are still menacing me.

• Like 1

Anyone else's battery life improve after update? Mine did.

My battery life seems to have gone to hell.  The GSam battery monitor doesn't show anything which is hogging the system, the battery just drains really fast.

GUYS:  Are you aware of this holiday promotion thing Sprint just started?  Check out this post here: 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7349-sprint-holiday-gifts/?p=460863

You can upgrade on Friday without penalty.  GO AND GET RID OF THOSE S5s!

Not worth it IMO. Lease will lock you in for 2 more years and new phones that support 3 CA may come out next year. If you break the lease, you'll have to end up paying the remainder of the lease contract you signed.

Not worth it IMO. Lease will lock you in for 2 more years and new phones that support 3 CA may come out next year. If you break the lease, you'll have to end up paying the remainder of the lease contract you signed.

Unless they do this annually if it's a hit! [emoji13] You're always waiting for the next thing if you never start!

Sent from my Sprint Note5

• 3 months later...

Who are we kidding, the US will probably be the last country to get the update and then Sprint will take it's sweet time releasing the update with its own bloatware.

Since upgrading now switches you to the 23 GB unlimited policy, I may hold on to this phone as long as possible. Outside of touchwiz being slow, this phone still handles every app out there incredibly smooth. I just don't see a reason to upgrade right now. I don't need LTE roaming and CA is basically useless since band 41 is non existent indoors.

• Like 1

Who are we kidding, the US will probably be the last country to get the update and then Sprint will take it's sweet time releasing the update with its own bloatware.

Since upgrading now switches you to the 23 GB unlimited policy, I may hold on to this phone as long as possible. Outside of touchwiz being slow, this phone still handles every app out there incredibly smooth. I just don't see a reason to upgrade right now. I don't need LTE roaming and CA is basically useless since band 41 is non existent indoors.

I have B41 right now in my house at -90dBm, B41 isn't as bad as people think it is. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Those screenshots could also be from the Note 4.

I'll wait to see the build and RDF before I get my hopes up. An update would definitely give this phone a longer life and quite possibly help me wait until Google releases their next Nexus on the fall.

• Like 1

OK, so maybe that guy over at XDA wasn't full of crap. I'm downloading an 891.75 MB update at this moment. I'll try to upload it to a hosting site before I go to bed since I won't have time tomorrow to even touch my phone.

Fingers crossed. May Samsung have mercy on our phones...