Referral reward program

jonathanm1978

Unfortunately I can't. I'm not trying to bash Sprint or anything but I would probably lose a friend if I tried to recommend coming to Sprint in its current condition in my city. Most of my friends have Att and Verizon so for them coming to Sprint would be back tracking as the duopoly as much as I don't like them have basically completed their LTE rollout in not only my city but the majority of Florida while Sprint lags way behind. Most people want great service yesterday and are not willing to wait until Sprint is finished rolling out when they can have great service on one of the big 2 now.

• Like 2

Unfortunately I can't. I'm not trying to bash Sprint or anything but I would probably lose a friend if I tried to recommend coming to Sprint in its current condition in my city. Most of my friends have Att and Verizon so for them coming to Sprint would be back tracking as the duopoly as much as I don't like them have basically completed their LTE rollout in not only my city but the majority of Florida while Sprint lags way behind. Most people want great service yesterday and are not willing to wait until Sprint is finished rolling out when they can have great service on one of the big 2 now.

You're in Ocala?  My dad has a retirement home there which I visit frequently and I get fairly decent coverage in and around that area(including lte) but there are also a few places where service would seem to have a mind of its own.  I need to add though that my dad and step mother has att service and its pretty bad in that area, definitely worst that sprint in my opinion.  

What kind of phones do they have because att has better coverage in Ocala than sprint just not by much but coverage is only half of the problem. Data speeds on att here vs sprint is no contest even at&ts hspa+ is often the same not better than sprints LTE and sprints 3g data speeds here is nothing short of unusable if you live directly in the city. Particularly on the SW side where the college, bestbuy, the mall, a lot of resturants, publix, plenty of banks, the busiest Walmart in the city and sprints only corporate store is. Next time you come test downtown and the SW part of Ocala and you will see what I'm talking about.

You're in Ocala? My dad has a retirement home there which I visit frequently and I get fairly decent coverage in and around that area(including lte) but there are also a few places where service would seem to have a mind of its own. I need to add though that my dad and step mother has att service and its pretty bad in that area, definitely worst that sprint in my opinion.

Sprints LTE has improved but for some reason they have 4 of the most crucial tower that have yet to be upgraded. One of them is definitely a backhaul issue because it has the 3g upgrade but not LTE. The others are legacy and of course the towers on the outskirts of the city have plenty of LTE coverage. I will say the east side of Ocala is the most covered by far. They only have 8 towers left in the whole city to update. 1 tower far west, 3 SW city, 1 silver springs shores, 1 ne Ocala, and 1 directly in the middle of the downtown square

What kind of phones do they have because att has better coverage in Ocala than sprint just not by much but coverage is only half of the problem. Data speeds on att here vs sprint is no contest even at&ts hspa+ is often the same not better than sprints LTE and sprints 3g data speeds here is nothing short of unusable if you live directly in the city. Particularly on the SW side where the college, bestbuy, the mall, a lot of resturants, publix, plenty of banks, the busiest Walmart in the city and sprints only corporate store is. Next time you come test downtown and the SW part of Ocala and you will see what I'm talking about.

My dad has a galaxy s2 and my step mom has an iphone 5.  Most times when I call either of them, they will end up having to call me back from their land line when they get back to the house.

I was born and raised in Ocala lol.  Verizon is really the only carrier that does well in the area. Sprint and T-Mobile are in second place in my books, but there is still a large gap between them and Verizon. 

It is what it is.  

I'm really excited to see 800mhz light up around there though.  Their tower spacing is really far out (like it should be for a rural area), so this is going to help immensely with the dead spots.  Currently my parents house is right next to a Clear tower, but in between two Sprint towers in Belleview lol.  Makes it incredibly difficult to get anything working on my phone, but at least I know I will be sitting on top of TD-2500 when it comes up.

• Like 1

Ok I get you. It is true in my tests that att call quality and reach for some reason is not up to par with sprints call quality and reach. Sprints call quality and coverage is actually pretty good in Ocala. I was referring to data coverage, penetration and speeds that's where for now sprint doesn't stand a chance but they will in say a year from today.

My dad has a galaxy s2 and my step mom has an iphone 5. Most times when I call either of them, they will end up having to call me back from their land line when they get back to the house.

Yep Verizon has there area covered. In a data reliability competetion though sprint would be last of the big 4. From what I have seen metro pcs even has more reliable LTE and more coverage than sprint in the area.

I was born and raised in Ocala lol. Verizon is really the only carrier that does well in the area. Sprint and T-Mobile are in second place in my books, but there is still a large gap between them and Verizon.

It is what it is.

I'm really excited to see 800mhz light up around there though. Their tower spacing is really far out (like it should be for a rural area), so this is going to help immensely with the dead spots. Currently my parents house is right next to a Clear tower, but in between two Sprint towers in Belleview lol. Makes it incredibly difficult to get anything working on my phone, but at least I know I will be sitting on top of TD-2500 when it comes up.

I thought this was the "referral rewards program" thread, not the "complain about service in Florida" thread.

*cough*

I've helped a couple customers do this. The cards do take a while to arrive, though. About as long as Mail in Rebate cards, honestly.

• Like 5

Well to answer that question nice program but it wouldn't work for me. Not complaining about coverage I was stating facts. Complaining on this thread achieves nothing for me. However on a differnt note complaining to sprint and having proof of my claims did get me $110 off of my bill this month brining my total to 58 :). Customer service is good.

I thought this was the "referral rewards program" thread, not the "complain about service in Florida" thread.

*cough*

I've helped a couple customers do this. The cards do take a while to arrive, though. About as long as Mail in Rebate cards, honestly.

*cough*

Thanks!! I figured it would take till around..Thanksgiving or so before we see the rewards card...I think by then I'll be ready to take advantage of the Upgrade program...depends on what's out in the triband department by then.

If I'm not mistaken, the LGG2 drops Oct 25, correct?

About 4 years ago when Sprint did a rewards program, it took a few weeks to get the card but after that it could be recharged in the future almost instantly for additional referrals since it was like a visa gift card of sorts.

• Like 1

I was born and raised in Ocala lol.  Verizon is really the only carrier that does well in the area. Sprint and T-Mobile are in second place in my books, but there is still a large gap between them and Verizon. 

It is what it is.  

I'm really excited to see 800mhz light up around there though.  Their tower spacing is really far out (like it should be for a rural area), so this is going to help immensely with the dead spots.  Currently my parents house is right next to a Clear tower, but in between two Sprint towers in Belleview lol.  Makes it incredibly difficult to get anything working on my phone, but at least I know I will be sitting on top of TD-2500 when it comes up.

This is similar to where I live.  I am in between 3 sprint towers with a clearwire tower in the middle.  I know the pain, heh.

This is easy you tell people the truth. you tell them Sprint has the best plans and working to have the best network... you tell them to download sensorly keep an eye on the area they live in..  when service meets their expectations then switch.  had clearwire not been such a debacle we would be far ahead of even vzw in its 4g deployment we had a year and a half jumpstart but thats the past... tmobile att azw none of them are fully deployed... they have massive holes in their service its what is best for your friends.. and if you give them the real truth. yes sprints network isnt fully built yet. yes we are lagging behind. but when its said and done their network will be better than the others... their plans are already better than theirs and if saving money is important to you then maybe you will decide to switch. but be honest use sensorly and let them decide but day after day sprints network is making leaps and bounds improvements and i have no problems telling my friends that 

This is easy you tell people the truth. you tell them Sprint has the best plans and working to have the best network... you tell them to download sensorly keep an eye on the area they live in..  when service meets their expectations then switch.  had clearwire not been such a debacle we would be far ahead of even vzw in its 4g deployment we had a year and a half jumpstart but thats the past... tmobile att azw none of them are fully deployed... they have massive holes in their service its what is best for your friends.. and if you give them the real truth. yes sprints network isnt fully built yet. yes we are lagging behind. but when its said and done their network will be better than the others... their plans are already better than theirs and if saving money is important to you then maybe you will decide to switch. but be honest use sensorly and let them decide but day after day sprints network is making leaps and bounds improvements and i have no problems telling my friends that 

I think most people will answer your statements by saying, I will switch over or consider Sprint when the network is built out.  Its hard to convince someone to wait especially when they are coming from ATT or Verizon which they are used to having LTE everywhere.  I think once the CDMA 800 and LTE 800 networks start getting built out  that is when it will make a more convincing argument.   I think most people coming from other carriers wouldn't care as much about LTE 2600 but LTE 800 and CDMA 800 is more of a concern.

I think most people will answer your statements by saying, I will switch over or consider Sprint when the network is built out.  Its hard to convince someone to wait especially when they are coming from ATT or Verizon which they are used to having LTE everywhere.  I think once the CDMA 800 and LTE 800 networks start getting built out  that is when it will make a more convincing argument.   I think most people coming from other carriers wouldn't care as much about LTE 2600 but LTE 800 and CDMA 800 is more of a concern.

Coming from AT&T or Verizon, most people are also used to being screwed each month on their bill, so I think that pretty much evens out the whole LTE everywhere tradeoff. When I had AT&T landline service, it was brutal how much I was bent over with fees, inside wire insurance, network upkeep fees, etc. My dad complains about Verizon always being inconsistent and having random fees and maintenance or network upgrade fees. At least my Sprint bill has always been consistent every month without ever having an unexpected expense.

Has anyone referred family/friends and got in on the referral rewards deal?? I just sent over my wife's mom yesterday so I'm going through all the motions now...

It used to be much easier years ago where you just imput your number in the other persons phone.  now it's one referral per account per new account per person per hemisphere on odd days in the even months.

However, when the rewards were paid, they wer 4-6 weeks and most of that was to assure the 30 day commitment was passed.

I think they will switch when its built out to suit them who cares if on a side of town or the country where you dont live or work never visit has lte or not?  

be honest... give them the tools to see when the build out suits their needs.  because noones 4g network is 100% yet some people have a bigger jump on LTE than others but when it comes down to it if VZW doesnt have service in a town yet sprint does... for those people it may be worth it..  dont think that people in areas that vzw or att or tmo who do not have 4g arent complaining just as bad as sprint customers in areas that dont have lte..  they are... they make the same complaints and saying well soon it will be built out or in everyother town but yours its built out just wait doesnt sway them anymore than our guys... but giving sprint prospective customers the tools to see which network is best for them, and the info that just because sprint maynot have alot of purple on sensorly right now soon it will be if its not for you now i understand but keep an eye on it because someday soon it will be if they see in an area like phoenix and can watch for a few weeks that the purple is growing rapidly it may be worth it to them

ive gotten people to switch to sprint by being honest with them. in phoenix when there was no purple on the map... of course lucky them their house is a block from where the first lte towers went online (bastards) but now it works for them if they listened to you (and others) they would still be waiting even though they are now using unlimited data for cheaper and lte where they need it... not all over town where they almost never go.  

im not disagreeing to disagree, but i find its best to let people decide by giving them the tools instead of sayign well the networks not done yet they will make up their minds for themselves dont sell short the product because its not 100%

For the most part, Sprint's data speeds used to be on the mediocre side, but you cannot fault their voice service. Sprint voice for me has been more reliable than the sun coming out in the morning. On that merit alone, it is easy to recommend Sprint. Even on the fringe when you don't even have a bar showing up on your screen, it just works and you can hear the person you are talking to. Let's see how many AT&T customers can say that. I remember the old pin drop commercials Sprint had back when. Now, I haven't been to Ocala lately, but in St Augustine it used to be useless getting email to load. Now, I can stream Netflix on 3G if I truly wanted to. Data speeds are increasingly ramping up as NV is literally happening every day. It's here and it's happening now, I would personally want to be a part of that if I were with someone else.

Ocala represent! In all seriousness, Sprint does seem to be slowly filling in the coverage (like everywhere else), although the site closest to chez dad behind Winn-Dixie in the Shores still isn't upgraded and probably won't cover his house with LTE anyway until 800 rolls out (he's right on the edge of the nature preserve between the Shores and the forest). Even here in Macon a couple of key areas just are behind for whatever reason although a lot of town is blanketed pretty well.

If I was somewhere like Atlanta though I think Sprint would be an easy sell now.

I think they will switch when its built out to suit them who cares if on a side of town or the country where you dont live or work never visit has lte or not?  

be honest... give them the tools to see when the build out suits their needs.  because noones 4g network is 100% yet some people have a bigger jump on LTE than others but when it comes down to it if VZW doesnt have service in a town yet sprint does... for those people it may be worth it..  dont think that people in areas that vzw or att or tmo who do not have 4g arent complaining just as bad as sprint customers in areas that dont have lte..  they are... they make the same complaints and saying well soon it will be built out or in everyother town but yours its built out just wait doesnt sway them anymore than our guys... but giving sprint prospective customers the tools to see which network is best for them, and the info that just because sprint maynot have alot of purple on sensorly right now soon it will be if its not for you now i understand but keep an eye on it because someday soon it will be if they see in an area like phoenix and can watch for a few weeks that the purple is growing rapidly it may be worth it to them

ive gotten people to switch to sprint by being honest with them. in phoenix when there was no purple on the map... of course lucky them their house is a block from where the first lte towers went online (bastards) but now it works for them if they listened to you (and others) they would still be waiting even though they are now using unlimited data for cheaper and lte where they need it... not all over town where they almost never go.  

im not disagreeing to disagree, but i find its best to let people decide by giving them the tools instead of sayign well the networks not done yet they will make up their minds for themselves dont sell short the product because its not 100%

I didn't mean that they would say that they will wait it out until those towers in the countryside are built out with LTE.  I was more referring to the LTE network is built out in the areas that they most often go to.

I agree with you in that if the tools were provided to show them that they are making progress with LTE buildout, there will be more faith.  A perfect way to show them is if you know a specific site that is accepted as LTE and you drive and show them that you are connected to LTE and then drive to a site where it is not accepted as LTE and show them that you do not get LTE, it helps validate the NV complete sites map and puts trust that the information is correct.

However I think the average user doesn't care to learn about how all this stuff works and just wants LTE to work when they turn on their phone.  When I try to talk to people about how Sprint is trying to deploy LTE at 800 MHz and how its going to be like Verizon LTE coverage their minds are just blown since I start getting technical.  Obviously you and I are different and we both care to learn about this stuff but just saying its not always as easy as it sounds.

• Like 1

For the most part, Sprint's data speeds used to be on the mediocre side, but you cannot fault their voice service. Sprint voice for me has been more reliable than the sun coming out in the morning. On that merit alone, it is easy to recommend Sprint. Even on the fringe when you don't even have a bar showing up on your screen, it just works and you can hear the person you are talking to. Let's see how many AT&T customers can say that. I remember the old pin drop commercials Sprint had back when. Now, I haven't been to Ocala lately, but in St Augustine it used to be useless getting email to load. Now, I can stream Netflix on 3G if I truly wanted to. Data speeds are increasingly ramping up as NV is literally happening every day. It's here and it's happening now, I would personally want to be a part of that if I were with someone else.

Tampa seems to be the best built out network in florida it was nothing short of fantastic when I went there a few weeks ago.

However I think the average user doesn't care to learn about how all this stuff works and just wants LTE to work when they turn on their phone.  When I try to talk to people about how Sprint is trying to deploy LTE at 800 MHz and how its going to be like Verizon LTE coverage their minds are just blown since I start getting technical.  Obviously you and I are different and we both care to learn about this stuff but just saying its not always as easy as it sounds.

I think its about 50% i dont wear a S4gru T shirt(though i would if we had them)  so people only know i have sprint the people willing to ask the question are usually more apt to listen... those other people will look at a map on a vzw commercial or drool over the girl in the leather pants on tmo ads... and dont look any further those people you cant help they dont care.. its those that are willing to ask that that are able to be convinced or will do the work to find out whats better... maybe and probably not to the ultra geek extremes we do... but tell them about s4gru have them download sensorly and if they have a brain in their heads and an open mind they will consider it... 

When I first got my Evo 3D, I ended up converting a few people over to Sprint just because of my phone. People were in awe over the 3D novelty of it. I got my sister and a coworker to switch for the Samsung Epic 4G since it was the only Galaxy phone with a physical keyboard. Most people do like tangibles. That's one of the reasons why companies like exclusives. Unfortunately, Sprint doesn't really have any exclusive phones that put warm bodies in the stores and inspire people to ask "Hey, what is that? Which carrier sells that phone?" I honestly think that may sway some people more than who has the most LTE. I had a coworker who just went from an Epic to an iPhone 5 last month and when I asked if he got LTE in the building he asked me "what's LTE?" He just cared he finally got an iPhone.