Video Game Discussion (Was: So...which next gen console are you getting?)

Ascertion

Xbox One or PS4?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which console are you getting?

• Xbox One
    • Playstation 4
    • Wii-U
    • PC Master race has no reason to buy one of these pieces of junk!
    • Still Deciding...

Thanks. It was very, VERY unexpected...and it hit me quite hard and even after I came back home I still had some issues..I guess dealing with it mentally was such a strain...My wife and I never hardly argue or have problems..and we've been married going on 16 years now...but the day after we returned from Louisiana, I made her cry. I just wasn't myself, didn't feel right, and was being a total a--hole to her. Highly unusual for me...and I told her the next day that I just didn't feel right the previous day.  With all the added drama of just losing him suddenly, there were HUGE problems --- or, mistakes made by the pathologist and coroner...like leaving him out for so long that an autopsy couldn't be performed...and forcing us to resort to only having a closed casket funeral...so much happened in that one-week span that it just ...I dunno...

I don't wanna bring the moral of this topic down with all the sadness surrounding this, but I appreciate the kind thoughts extended our way.  No one here knows my entire history, but if you did, you would know why I took his death especially hard with the life experiences I've faced. Digiblur might've heard something about the St. Tammany parish coroner being under investigation...I'm not sure if the news in his area covered that story. I know we were watching the news in the motel while down in Slidell and it came on about the coroner - the day after the services.

Tough times Jon, but the strong will persevere.  You wife will understand, and so will your PS4/X1.  if you don't want the PS4, people are selling them for profit on ebay.

Tough times Jon, but the strong will persevere.  You wife will understand, and so will your PS4/X1.  if you don't want the PS4, people are selling them for profit on ebay.

Oh, I definitely want it...I just missed out on the pre-order...now I can't find one anywhere. By the time I happened to think to myself "I need to go ahead and pre-order"...it was end-October and too late to do anything. I don't know when they stopped taking pre-orders, but I checked all the sites, Gamestop, Best Buy, Wal-Mart and Amazon...none had them avail to pre-order as of October 28 or so.

Now I guess my only shot is to wade the night and try to make it for a 12:01am release with Walmart or Gamestop..

Oh, I definitely want it...I just missed out on the pre-order...now I can't find one anywhere. By the time I happened to think to myself "I need to go ahead and pre-order"...it was end-October and too late to do anything. I don't know when they stopped taking pre-orders, but I checked all the sites, Gamestop, Best Buy, Wal-Mart and Amazon...none had them avail to pre-order as of October 28 or so.

Now I guess my only shot is to wade the night and try to make it for a 12:01am release with Walmart or Gamestop..

I'm going to try radioshack in the AM and see if they get any in.

I called the local Chin...I mean Walmart...they said yes, they will have some extra, on top of the Pre-orders...but don't know how many (which I find to be...well, odd and somewhat false). Guess I'll have a scout at Gamestop..either my wife or myself...and another at Walmart. We'll see which one of us gets lucky first.

Look at local stores. I know I've seen reports on reddit and elsewhere of some local Target stores still having Day One Xboxes launch day PS4s still available. Anything online will definitely be sold out no matter where you look. Local stores will be much more likely to have spare stock still available. Although every day that chance drops substantially.

I saw also that K-mart and Sears may have some...those are places you don't normally think of when it comes to a gaming console, or being first to have a few on release day...

I'll be at Wal-mart next Thursday night around 10pm..and hopefully I walk out with a PS4 and either BF4 or CoD Ghosts...

I'm not sure which game I'll pick up first...

I saw also that K-mart and Sears may have some...those are places you don't normally think of when it comes to a gaming console, or being first to have a few on release day...

IIRC I got my launch day PS3 from K-Mart years ago. They're definitely a viable option.

I've got a PS3 but really only use it as a Blu-ray player and streaming device in the bedroom. 

Oh I guess I beta test a few apps too. 

I pre-ordered a PS4 combo from Target but since I'm not much of a gamer I may or may not keep it.  If not a kiddo might get a nice Christmas present.

As a casual user didn't see a lot of differences between the units, but the PS4 is supposed to be able to function as a DirecTV RVU client in the future and then there were the attempted Microsoft shenanigans, so chose the Sony product. 

Per speaking with gamestop yesterday, they said they had to sell their currently ordered shipment of PS4 by Monday...so they could get the next order...

I asked point blank " so it's not like there's a supply shortage...just such a great demand that you are limited on what you can order as far as amount?"

I was told yes..there's not a shortage of units..just a limited number they can acquire at one time. If that's the case, then it shouldn't be a problem to get one, just a matter of when that might happen.

Cancelled the PS4 the other day. Just no reason to get one software wise. I am getting the One though as long as finances remain available. Dead rising 3 and forza 5 are enough along with all the media centric features. Just tell it to turn to a cable channel is pretty greAt idea. Hide the remote from my children who like to chew on it lol.

I have BF4 on the way, should be here today, but the PS4 I'm having to just hope I can snag when they go on sale tonight at midnight...My wife has to work 6am-6pm tomorrow, but I'm going to beg her to take a few hundred bucks and stand at Walmart while I go stand at gamestop with a few hundred..and hope one of us is able to walk away with one....

Well how about that? The friendly neighborhood UPS man just brought me a gift from the Amazon fairy. :D

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Be CARful, you might get banned for playing earlier then others.

Did anyone watch the South Park episode last night called Black Friday? totally everything that happened in this thread.

I had to post that in a hurry, but here's my story:

Left Wal-Mart at 2:30 pm today after talking to dept manager of electronics...They told me to come sit in line for 4 or 5 hours...I wasn't looking forward to that...But figured whatever it took. So I got home, and decided to call Gamestop around 3:00 pm...They said if I got there in time, I could wait in line until 6 pm..and they would ring me up for the console. Then I could return at midnight and pick up the console. I thought that sounded much better, so I asked if I got there to stand in line until 6 and there wasn't enough, would they let me know. They said yes...So I left at 3:50 and stood in line until 6, and purchased my ps4. I was actually number 5 out of 7 they had extra on top of pre-orders. Total was around 35 systems. Lucky me!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Be CARful, you might get banned for playing earlier then others.

Did anyone watch the South Park episode last night called Black Friday? totally everything that happened in this thread.

I'll exercise extreme caution!  ;)

I don't watch South Park. You've got my curiosity piqued now though. What happened in the episode?