LG G2 -- the first Sprint tri band LTE handset (was "LG Optimus G2")

Thai

Ok, so New Orleans won't have the 2500 MHZ band but will the 800 MHZ band be deployed in new orleans? Any way to check that?

That is not true.  Sprint has said that they are planning to expand the 2500 MHz LTE nationwide to all Sprint towers but they will begin doing that in 2014 and will take some time.  The first priority is to overlay the entire Wimax network with 2500 MHz LTE first and then expand 2500 MHz LTE nationwide.  Eventually 2500 MHz LTE will be in New Orleans.  About 800 MHz LTE, New Orleans will get that sometime in 2014.

Check this article out.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-cfo-softbank-deal-lets-us-take-clearwire-spectrum-nationwide/2013-07-30#ixzz2afIYaxzM

That is not true.  Sprint has said that they are planning to expand the 2500 MHz LTE nationwide to all Sprint towers but they will begin doing that in 2014 and will take some time.  The first priority is to overlay the entire Wimax network with 2500 MHz LTE first and then expand 2500 MHz LTE nationwide.  Eventually 2500 MHz LTE will be in New Orleans.  About 800 MHz LTE, New Orleans will get that sometime in 2014.

Check this article out.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-cfo-softbank-deal-lets-us-take-clearwire-spectrum-nationwide/2013-07-30#ixzz2afIYaxzM

Thank you ericdabbs, can't wait till the G2 gets shipped and i can use the LTE network.

Ok so in the Los Angeles area which areas are td available? Is all of the Wimax sites also td or is it just some that are

S4GRU is a non profit, member supported site. That TD-LTE site info in LA is available as a perk to Premier sponsors.

AJ

• Like 2

Ok so in the Los Angeles area which areas are td available? Is all of the Wimax sites also td or is it just some that are

You can find that information if you become a Premier Sponsor.  There are TD-LTE site maps that outline the LTE 2600 progress in the Premier Sponsors forum.

The surprising part is that Dan likes to sharpshoot from the perimeter, while Son likes to dominate in the low post.  You think it would be just the opposite.

AJ

No, I always eyed Dan as the sharpshooter.

-Will

The surprising part is that Dan likes to sharpshoot from the perimeter, while Son likes to dominate in the low post.  You think it would be just the opposite.

I think some may need a photo to catch my drift...

son-2-300.jpg

AJ

You can find that information if you become a Premier Sponsor.  There are TD-LTE site maps that outline the LTE 2600 progress in the Premier Sponsors forum.

See I would love to but won't be able to until Dec

:rolleyes:

Are you rolling your eyes at me?  I am the Grand Wizard of the white power LG G2 wireless nerd klan.  We will put a burning cell tower in your yard.

AJ

• Like 1

See I would love to but won't be able to until Dec

That is fine and when December comes around and you are able to donate to premier sponsor, you can find out more details then.   I am sure you will start finding clues as to which areas in Los Angeles will have LTE 2600 when the LG G2 comes out and people start reporting which locations they were able to get LTE 2600.  I know I will be.

That is fine and when December comes around and you are able to donate to premier sponsor, you can find out more details then.   I am sure you will start finding clues as to which areas in Los Angeles will have LTE 2600 when the LG G2 comes out and people start mapping which locations they were able to get it.  I know I will be.

Yea just wanted some info... Is there another way to actually map it because Sensorly only shows just lte Wimax and 3g.

Are you rolling your eyes at me?  I am the Grand Wizard of the white power LG G2 wireless nerd klan.  We will put a burning cell tower in your yard. AJ

As long as my TD- LTE is burning hot in 40MHz flavor I will not object, and I make no disrespect in the way of Grand Master.

-Will

I believe I am in a market (Seattle) with some TD-LTE so I'm excited to try out the LG G2.  Is the G2 expected to be able to connect to TD-LTE out of the box or will it require some special update that Sprint will have to push out first?  It is looking like this will be the first handset to have this capability unless the One Max release date ends up being sooner.

I believe I am in a market (Seattle) with some TD-LTE so I'm excited to try out the LG G2. Is the G2 expected to be able to connect to TD-LTE out of the box or will it require some special update that Sprint will have to push out first? It is looking like this will be the first handset to have this capability unless the One Max release date ends up being sooner.

That is the million dollar question.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

That is fine and when December comes around and you are able to donate to premier sponsor, you can find out more details then.   I am sure you will start finding clues as to which areas in Los Angeles will have LTE 2600 when the LG G2 comes out and people start reporting which locations they were able to get LTE 2600.  I know I will be.

are there LTE800 maps avail in the sponsor section?  i would be interested in this.

According to many case makers, the T-Mobile and Sprint versions share the same exterior.

I know the case makers say that, but, you have actually saw/held the Sprint version. I want to be sure the Sprint version does not have the mic hole on the back like the AT&T version has.

I am looking to purchase this case: http://www.amazon.com/Diztronic-Matte-Flexible-Sprint-T-Mobile/dp/B00EZCFT8W/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1382033153&sr=8-6&keywords=lg+g2

and just want to make sure I order the right one.

So, when ordering a case, order the T-mobile version of the case?

Cases are sold as one Tmobile/AT&T/Sprint/International model.  Cases are not broken down by carrier.  My guess is that for most cases the AT&T 3rd mic hole will be covered in the case.

I know the case makers say that, but, you have actually saw/held the Sprint version. I want to be sure the Sprint version does not have the mic hole on the back like the AT&T version has.

I am looking to purchase this case: http://www.amazon.com/Diztronic-Matte-Flexible-Sprint-T-Mobile/dp/B00EZCFT8W/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1382033153&sr=8-6&keywords=lg+g2

Yes, for that one the Sprint/T-Mobile version will work with it.

It says Sprint and Tmobile only.  So yes it won't have the mic hole in the back.

I will try to remember to check if the mic is on the back today.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk