LG G2 -- the first Sprint tri band LTE handset (was "LG Optimus G2")

Thai

Where did it say at bestbuy.com it comes with the gift card?Sent from my HTC ONE from Tapatalk 2

It says if you order online they email a gift card to you within 14 days. It is listed on the page where you shop the phones and listed in a "specials" box on the order page along with "free shipping, save on accessories and 18 month financing".

• Like 2

Sweet. Thanks everyone for the heads up about Best Buy. Just bought 2 G2s and only spent $133 plus got a $50 gift card (not sure if I get 2 since it says one per customer). I had a Best Buy gift card with $75 that I never thought I'd use since everything there is so overpriced but it came in handy today. I can't wait to join all of y'all in some LTE goodness very soon.

+1 on that.  I rarely buy anything at Best Buy.  Amazon is so much better.

• Like 1

Ordered my G2 just a moment ago.  Hope Best Buy sends it out early!

EDIT: for those that have the G2, does the Sprint variant have a noise cancellation mic next to the back camera?  Trying to figure that out for case purposes.

Even basic feature phones have wifi. It's a typo.

No they don't. Before I caved and purchased a smartphone, I was always on the lookout for a basic/feature phone that could use Wi-Fi. When I finally realized that the carriers would never release one, I took to juggling a messaging phone and iPod Touch until I could afford a proper smartphone.

I've always found it a bit ironic that all the devices that can access the Internet without a data plan (via Wi-Fi) are almost always required to have a subscription to a mobile data connection, whereas those that are crippled with no Wi-Fi do not require a mobile data plan. Of course, that was intentional. Carriers needed to force customers to purchase expensive mobile data plans to help offset the more costly subsidy. Once they started raking in the profits, and people were successfully hooked on having data wherever they went, there was little incentive to remove the data plan requirement, despite the growing ubiquity of Wi-Fi.

So of course the G2 will have Wi-Fi. The carriers want to make sure you pay up for mobile data, but are not on it when you're in range of Wi-Fi and therefore don't have to be.

Pre-ordered in white!

But are you pure enough to use a white phone?

;)

AJ

Sprint LG G2 @ Best Buy for $99 w/ Free Shipping & an additional $50 eGift Card?

I don't care at all about the QuickWindow case but I want my G2 ASAP. Will BB Mobile have the phone in stock as soon as a Sprint Pre-Order? 

Source: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/g2-mobile-phone/1710023.p?id=1219061251831&skuId=1710023

Also posted this on another forum. Anyone idea folks?

No, but I don't want another black phone.

I have Al Sharpton on the line.  He says that you are a phone racist.

:P

AJ

• Like 1

Sprint LG G2 @ Best Buy for $99 w/ Free Shipping & an additional $50 eGift Card?

I don't care at all about the QuickWindow case but I want my G2 ASAP. Will BB Mobile have the phone in stock as soon as a Sprint Pre-Order? 

Source: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/g2-mobile-phone/1710023.p?id=1219061251831&skuId=1710023

Also posted this on another forum. Anyone idea folks?

In the past, Sprint has been successful in delivering their pre-orders a few days before 3rd party sales. 

• Like 1

In the past, Sprint has been successful in delivering their pre-orders a few days before 3rd party sales. 

That's great to hear! Now I can rest easy LG G2 sooner, QuickWindow Case & the $300 (4x$75) in credits I've managed to get out of them this year for poor service make me feel alright about not getting the BEST deal. Thanks Ben

• Like 1

Just so everyone knows Best Buy has the G2 for $99 whether it's a upgrade or a new line. And you get a $50 gift card with your pre-order.

(EDIT) I can't post a link because the new Tapatalk doesn't really work very well.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Just so everyone knows Best Buy has the G2 for $99 whether it's a upgrade or a new line. And you get a $50 gift card with your pre-order. (EDIT) I can't post a link because the new Tapatalk doesn't really work very well. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

I'm going to check online and see...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Just so everyone knows Best Buy has the G2 for $99 whether it's a upgrade or a new line. And you get a $50 gift card with your pre-order. (EDIT) I can't post a link because the new Tapatalk doesn't really work very well. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

already posted 19+hours ago. :-D

Sent from my HTC ONE from Tapatalk 2

You know what is odd? On the Best Buy website, when you select the G2 and it lists all the carrier versions, each one lists wifi as a bullet point except for the Sprint models...

Obviously I know the G2 has wifi since I read the FCC docs, the manual, and simple logic, but I do like poking the embers of the Chicken Little crowd.. I'm such a bad person.

• Like 1

You know what is odd? On the Best Buy website, when you select the G2 and it lists all the carrier versions, each one lists wifi as a bullet point except for the Sprint models...

Obviously I know the G2 has wifi since I read the FCC docs, the manual, and simple logic, but I do like poking the embers of the Chicken Little crowd.. I'm such a bad person.

I have personally connected the Sprint G2 to Wifi. Worked wonderfully.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

For those who didn't catch it or are wondering, the Sprint product page for the phone says it's a 32GB model:

That is awesome. I honestly forgot to check that. My Evo has SD card slot and 1gig internal/8 gig external. I've never changed my 8 gig card and haven't had many issues with space. I would have been fine with 16, but 32 gigs seems wonderful to have.

• Like 1

I wish Otterbox made a Defender case for the G2. I have one on my Evo 3d and it looks brand new still. I work in an environment where my phone gets thrown around, dropped, slammed into, etc. I think I might get this case, though. It seems like it has the best protection of any case out for the G2.

http://www.goballisticcase.com/products/lg-g2-ballistic-shell-gel-sg-series-case

Ordered my G2 just a moment ago.  Hope Best Buy sends it out early!

EDIT: for those that have the G2, does the Sprint variant have a noise cancellation mic next to the back camera?  Trying to figure that out for case purposes.

I think only the ATT model has that. I don't believe the Tmobile or Sprint model has the noise cancellation mic next to back camera.

If you go to the Sprint website and look at the dimensions it says it's 4.7" tall to and Best Buy says 5.5". Those are typos it happens with almost every phone.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I am glad that I have already ordered a case:

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2013/10/12/lg-g2-drop-test-shows-the-need-for-a-case/

Mav. :cool:

Sent from Torchwood

I think you have to be insane to not use cases and screen protectors on your smartphones especially with so many things that can happen to it. I know some people love that "naked" feel but its just not worth it in my opinion.

Another reason why to use cases is in case you want to sell the phone in very good condition instead of having accidental scratches and bumps that are bound to happen if you don't use a case.

• Like 2