Site liks s4gru

jrccomputer

I would say no . But check Google or Bing if u wish

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Thank you. I could not find one thats why I ask to see if you guys might know.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

Wait, another site likes S4GRU? This sounds like some good gossip.

AJ

• Like 4

Tmonews and the howard forums Tmobile section.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

Oh my, the t-mo section of HoFo...Well I won't go into it too much, but I will say that lilotimz and others must have incredible patience trying to have rational conversations with some of the fanbois in their pink capes over there. I also find it odd that a few of them seem to (incorrectly) discuss Sprint just as much, if not more, than T-Mobile. Very weird place.

Oh my, the t-mo section of HoFo...Well I won't go into it too much, but I will say that lilotimz and others must have incredible patience trying to have rational conversations with some of the fanbois in their pink capes over there. I also find it odd that a few of them seem to (incorrectly) discuss Sprint just as much, if not more, than T-Mobile. Very weird place.

You kind of have to give up trying to argue with them when they dismiss *s4guru* as a fanboy site that lies and inflates numbers. Biggest offenders are usually Antenna and Morphling who both actually goes into the sprint area of HoFo and bash Sprint with information that's been thoroughly debunked by us. It usually begins a mass amount of "sprint sucks" messages... that kind of behavior is prevalent on many other websites as well on anything that mentions Sprint. Be it Theverge, Androidpolice, androidcentral, reddit, facebook, whatever. 

Just gotta laugh at their ignorance and focus on the relevant topics at hand. 

Note: I did have T-mobile service since 2006-7 until late 2011 so I can talk on equal terms to many of them

• Like 5

Ugh, Howard Forums tries my patience so much these days. I don't like visiting there, even though I do regularly because sometimes there's that wonderful little gem covered up by the boatload of scum...

• Like 5

You kind of have to give up trying to argue with them when they dismiss *s4guru* as a fanboy site that lies and inflates numbers. Biggest offenders are usually Antenna and Morphling who both actually goes into the sprint area of HoFo and bash Sprint with information that's been thoroughly debunked by us. It usually begins a mass amount of "sprint sucks" messages... that kind of behavior is prevalent on many other websites as well on anything that mentions Sprint. Be it Theverge, Androidpolice, androidcentral, reddit, facebook, whatever. 

Note: I did have T-mobile service since 2006-7 until late 2011 so I can talk on equal terms to many of them

It would be nice to have sites for AT&T and T-Mobile similar to this one. This site can help people get great information on Sprint's progress, but it can be misleading without as much information on the other carriers. Sprint might have half the users as AT&T, but they probably have considerably more people mapping sensorly for them because of this site. The info in the sponsors section goes way beyond anything I've seen for any carrier. It's difficult to accurately assess which carrier is best for you when you have a lot of future information on one (e.g. Sprint towers in progress) and not even accurate present-day info on others (e.g. very few people actively mapping sensorly for AT&T).

I happen to be in Michigan and have a grandfathered plan with Sprint, so the decision is easy for me: Great coverage with Verizon for almost 2 and a half times the price, no nearby LTE with AT&T for twice the price, or no rural coverage with T-Mobile for about the same price. Needing rural coverage and with the explosion of Sprint LTE in my county I'll stay with them. But if I lived in New York or Washington state or Tennessee it'd be hard to choose without a TMO4GRU.com and ATTLTEtowersightings.com. ;)

• Like 1

It would be nice to have sites for AT&T and T-Mobile similar to this one. This site can help people get great information on Sprint's progress, but it can be misleading without as much information on the other carriers. Sprint might have half the users as AT&T, but they probably have considerably more people mapping sensorly for them because of this site. The info in the sponsors section goes way beyond anything I've seen for any carrier. It's difficult to accurately assess which carrier is best for you when you have a lot of future information on one (e.g. Sprint towers in progress) and not even accurate present-day info on others (e.g. very few people actively mapping sensorly for AT&T).

I happen to be in Michigan and have a grandfathered plan with Sprint, so the decision is easy for me: Great coverage with Verizon for almost 2 and a half times the price, no nearby LTE with AT&T for twice the price, or no rural coverage with T-Mobile for about the same price. Needing rural coverage and with the explosion of Sprint LTE in my county I'll stay with them. But if I lived in New York or Washington state or Tennessee it'd be hard to choose without a TMO4GRU.com and ATTLTEtowersightings.com. ;)

The only reason this site continues to exists because Sprint is not AT&T.

AT&T or VZW would sue to shut down a site like this one. The only carriers that arent opposed to sites like this are competitive carriers but even some of them might also sue a site like this.

The continued existence of this site, the policy towards demanding unlocked bootloaders from device oems, and their close integration of google products really are a testament to Sprint's proconsumer stance.

AT&T is the exact opposite. Rather than find new ways to innovate and give the consumer more, they are constantly finding new ways to charge customers more for less service and lock down their devices like fort knox.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 4

AT&T is the exact opposite. Rather than find new ways to innovate and give the consumer more, they are constantly finding new ways to charge customers more for less service and lock down their devices like fort knox.

AT&T should just rename itself DD&D.  Dividend Dividend & Dividend.  That is what matters most to Randall and company.

AJ

• Like 1

AT&T is just too envious of the closed system VZW has. It's a clear case of penis envy. The sad part is that they could be the ultimate anti-Verizon, open everything up as a 3GPP anti-hero, lower prices, and make more money. That is too contrary to AT&T's DNA from the Bell System.

In the end, we'd have a better industry if the FCC would just do their damn job.

• Like 1

With advent of LTE it is safe to say all major providers and probably a majority of the minor providers are doing some form of upgrades.

I'll even wager that coverage becomes non-issue in the next 5 to 10 years for all carriers. Imagine Sprint or Tmo or Vz Installing 5 to 10 picos or DAS in a rural area at a fraction of the cost of a full cell site.  It is not infeasible that carriers crowd-source coverage; installing a micro cell in one or two homes in a rural subdivision, every other farm along a lonely stretch of road.....

I believe Sprint has a younger user base than ATT, which may account for the Sensorly participation.

..... This site can help people get great information on Sprint's progress, but it can be misleading without as much information on the other carriers. Sprint might have half the users as AT&T, but they probably have considerably more people mapping sensorly for them because of this site. The info in the sponsors section goes way beyond anything I've seen for any carrier. It's difficult to accurately assess which carrier is best for you when you have a lot of future information on one (e.g. Sprint towers in progress) and not even accurate present-day info on others (e.g. very few people actively mapping sensorly for AT&T)......

;)

Just to throw this out there, based on maps I've seen, a site like TMo4GRU would be reasonably possible if somoene found a reliable source of info who didn't mind using internal tools significantly more than average.

Of course, the maps would be less colorful because refarmed 1900 and AWS LTE are being installed simultaneously with TMo...and LTE is being turned on in huge clusters rather than on a site by site basis like Sprint (so, similar to Sprint 3G). But the information would still be useful, particularly for folks who want to, for example, bring a Verizon phone to T-Mobile (which would have the same band implications as a pre April 12 iPhone 5).

• Like 1

I'll even wager that coverage becomes non-issue in the next 5 to 10 years for all carriers. Imagine Sprint or Tmo or Vz Installing 5 to 10 picos or DAS in a rural area at a fraction of the cost of a full cell site.

Not bloody likely.  Have you actually traveled this country?

Maybe that would work in North Carolina, but not from the Great Plains through the Rocky Mountains.  Small cells would not cut it for coverage across the wide open spaces.  And they would not be "a fraction of the cost."  The real cost would come from running fiber backhaul to those multiple small cells -- fiber that does not exist. If anything, those multiple fiber links could increase the cost.

AJ

Not bloody likely.  Have you actually traveled this country?

Maybe that would work in North Carolina, but not from the Great Plains through the Rocky Mountains.  Small cells would not cut it for coverage across the wide open spaces.  And they would not be "a fraction of the cost."  The real cost would come from running fiber backhaul to those multiple small cells -- fiber that does not exist. If anything, those multiple fiber links could increase the cost.

AJ

I would have lost the wager.

Can't we expect an evolution in backhaul? Perhaps a cost effective point to point wireless backhaul other than mw? Perhaps use whitespace broadband.

Sadly power and backhaul are shortfalls of small cells. That being said the East coast, West coast, Upper mid-west and South east could benefit from improve coverage in the near future.

Can't we expect an evolution in backhaul? Perhaps a cost effective point to point wireless backhaul other than mw? Perhaps use whitespace broadband.

Once you go down the path of point to point wireless backhaul, you are likely no longer looking at a small cell.  You need radome(s) and a highly elevated structure -- all of which sounds more like a macrocell.

AJ

Once you go down the path of point to point wireless backhaul, you are likely no longer looking at a small cell.  You need radome(s) and a highly elevated structure -- all of which sounds more like a macrocell.

AJ

Thanks for the insight!

I haven't opened an engineering book in almost 20 years so don't quote me on this..... I recall reading a paper on PoE as an alternative to T1..... Is it possible or even practical to use PoE as backhaul?