Google I/O 2013

Just let me know when the Nexus 7 2 is announced. Meanwhile, I will go back to enjoying S4GRU F/C.

AJ

So, neither a new Nexus 4 nor Nexus 5 is in the offing? Instead, a Nexus-ized Galaxy S4 will be offered on the Google Play store.

AJ

Ooh, a new built-for-Android IDE. Just might pick that up (hi, my name is Ian and I'm a software dev).

Might switch from Rhapsody to Google Play Music All Access as well, but the price of the two services is the same so I'm not sure on that one. Have to look at selection.

Also, I can't afford a $650 phone, even if it's tied for best in the market. Especially since it wouldn't have LTE where my S III does.

The crowd shots of all of the hipsters wearing Google Glass are kind of disturbing.

AJ

• Like 2

So, neither a new Nexus 4 nor Nexus 5 is in the offing? Instead, a Nexus-ized Galaxy S4 will be offered on the Google Play store.

AJ

Now if only they would make an HTC ONE nexus-ized too :D

Also this just sounds like a bad idea... There's a Galaxy S4 and a Nexus Galaxy S4... This sounds like something HTC would have done last year. Also does this Nexus GS4 have expandable memory? I thought Google wanted to do away with that.

-Luis

The crowd shots of all of the hipsters wearing Google Glass are kind of disturbing.

AJ

Yes!!! I won't say never but at this time I just can't accept doing that.

The only thing that really bothers me is the Google+ integration on almost everything.

Another huge YES. I used to rate apps in the Play store all the time until they did this Google+ integration. No thanks. I'm not signing up for Google+, I got rid of Spacebook about 2 years ago or so. Best decision I ever made. I have email and forums for info and messages I want to go read.

• Like 1

Yes!!! I won't say never but at this time I just can't accept doing that.

Another huge YES. I used to rate apps in the Play store all the time until they did this Google+ integration. No thanks. I'm not signing up for Google+, I got rid of Spacebook about 2 years ago or so. Best decision I ever made. I have email and forums for info and messages I want to go read.

It seems like it just takes the anonymity of rating things in general using google products. If you rate things on Google Maps your name comes up, and guess what? If you give a negative review, and the company loses business they can come after you and sue you. Just an example, but it can happen.

-Luis

I use Google+ more than Facebook. I love it. It's a bunch of actually smart people, with the exception of the Sprint haters who also love to brag about T-Mobile and Samsung. But that's besides the point. Google+ is great because there aren't any kids trying to get likes on posts. It's all actual current events and you can set up your feeds in sections about certain topics. It brings together what little good there is in Facebook and what is also good on Twitter.

I am disappointed by the lack of a Nexus 7 2 announcement, but that makes those of us who ordered the Nexus 7 immediately last year look pretty wise. We are getting our money's worth and then some before the sequel arrives.

AJ

• Like 1

Ooh, a new built-for-Android IDE. Just might pick that up (hi, my name is Ian and I'm a software dev).

Might switch from Rhapsody to Google Play Music All Access as well, but the price of the two services is the same so I'm not sure on that one. Have to look at selection.

I'm currently using Rdio, but I'll give the new Google Play Music All Access a shot since there's a 30 day free trial. Also, it was mentioned that if you sign up before June 30 that it'll be $8/month instead of $10 like Rdio and Spotify.

I'm currently using Rdio, but I'll give the new Google Play Music All Access a shot since there's a 30 day free trial. Also, it was mentioned that if you sign up before June 30 that it'll be $8/month instead of $10 like Rdio and Spotify.

I've been using it the whole day. It's interesting, I'm not sure how the whole add to library part works but if I can pay 8 bucks to listen and download certain songs and albums on my phone I'm more than happy.

-Luis

Been using it as well.. The genre selections kinda suck. But it is pretty cool for the selection of things when searching. Not sure if I will keep it as Slacker works just fine. Pandora sucks for quality so I don't use it. I haven't taken the Google music app for a spin in the car yet. I can instantly tell there with the 2kw of audio in such a small space ;)

Sent from my little Note2

I got tired of Pandora a couple years ago and jumped onto MOG. It has worked well for me so far. For $10/month, I have been able to stream anything I have ever searched for, and also download any track to my phone for offline listening. Also, it allows for streaming at 320 kbps over WiFi, which is a big plus. It also has a radio function and is constantly adding new artists/albums, which keeps me from getting bored.

I got tired of Pandora a couple years ago and jumped onto MOG. It has worked well for me so far. For $10/month, I have been able to stream anything I have ever searched for, and also download any track to my phone for offline listening. Also, it allows for streaming at 320 kbps over WiFi, which is a big plus. It also has a radio function and is constantly adding new artists/albums, which keeps me from getting bored.

Interesting.. Offline is very cool as I run into that since streaming can be a pain as LTE handoffs don't really work well here with our incorrect site spacing. Thanks for the suggestion.

I assume you can't download to a non drm format?

• Like 1

Interesting.. Offline is very cool as I run into that since streaming can be a pain as LTE handoffs don't really work well here with our incorrect site spacing. Thanks for the suggestion.

I use Spotify for music streaming at the same 10 bucks a month. Three different quality settings you can use, and it allows you to download any just about any music you can find onto up to 3 devices. The range of music available is very good as well. Discovered some new music from the suggestions inside of the app, long before it got popular.

I don't believe you can. As far as I know, downloaded music is only available within the app (haven't tried to access it any kther way), so DRM hasn't been an issue for me.

I use Spotify for music streaming at the same 10 bucks a month. Three different quality settings you can use, and it allows you to download any just about any music you can find onto up to 3 devices. The range of music available is very good as well. Discovered some new music from the suggestions inside of the app, long before it got popular.

Tried Spotify before but they required Spacebook so I uninstalled it.

From what I've heard, Spotify is pretty similar to MOG in terms of available features. However, I have not tried Spotify, as I've been happy with MOG, so I cannot offer any real comparison between the two. Both seem to be pretty solid music services.

Tried Spotify before but they required Spacebook so I uninstalled it.

Does it really? That's a turn off for me. While I use Facebook and occasionally integrate certain apps and services, I refuse to use apps or services that require the use of another. Like how I refuse to rate apps on the Play Store...require me to sign up for Google+, which I will likely not use for anything else? No thanks.