S4GRU Logo Wear & Swag...Interested?

S4GRU

74 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of S4GRU Logo items for sale?

• Heck, yeah! I support the idea as much as possible!
    • Sounds good. I'd make a purchase.
    • I think it's a good idea, but may not be able to buy anything.
    • I don't think this is a good idea. I probably wouldn't buy anything.
    • This is a bad idea! Waste of time and money.

I think it may be time for some S4GRU Logo items for sale. Get our logo out there, and show everyone else your S4GRU Pride! Gifts for the kiddies. I'm thinking things like T-shirts, coffee mugs,baseball caps, swag like keychains or pens. What ever people may want.

First, I want to know if this is something of interest to you. Be honest. If you would never buy anything with the S4GRU logo, please say so. I won't allow people to pick on you for not being prideful enough in S4GRU. I need honest answers to gauge interest.

We would charge a noticeable mark up as a means to try to generate funds for the site. It would like be a way to donate money to S4GRU and get a gift in return.

Additionally, if any of you know of a good quality/decently priced firm to do small, on demands orders like this, then I would love to hear about it. Other than Vista Print, I don't know much. And I hear they are expensive. And this may be a project I'd be willing to delegate if someone wanted to take it on for S4GRU.

Sound off below, please! :popcorn:

Bumper Sticker

I could see that. Like, "Do not disturb, mapping in progress."

I bet AJ could come up with some funny and fitting bumper stickers.

Robert

• Like 9

Can I get some S4GRU underwear from Kmart with my name on the inside?

AJ

• Like 7

It would give us the ability to say that we are "with S4GRU". I was in a rough neighborhood the othernight and some guy kept looking at me like wtf are you doing.

I could see that. Like, "Do not disturb, mapping in progress."

I bet AJ could come up with some funny and fitting bumper stickers.

I would probably riff on the "Don't come a knocking..." meme.

We could do "Don't come a knocking, cellular mapping is rocking."

AJ

• Like 4

It would give us the ability to say that we are "with S4GRU". I was in a rough neighborhood the othernight and some guy kept looking at me like wtf are you doing.

Now he will look at you like, "WTF is S4GRU?" :rofl:

Robert

• Like 3

Yeah, I could definitely use an outfit like this...

150553968_-adult-police-costumes-mens-police-costumes-mens-swat-.jpg

Just replace "SWAT" with "S4GRU," and that might help keep the authorities off my back when I am out gathering network data.

AJ

• Like 7

I want an S4GRU badge that will get us access to any tower area and an RF analyzer to check on NV800/1900/2600 progress.

66ded51d16dd8c6e57fbdbdb838b9626.image.427x450.jpgtumblr_ln802eosZd1qbuptc.gif

• Like 3

tumblr_ln802eosZd1qbuptc.gif

Wait, what happened? Where am I? What year is it? Are you Agent J?

AJ

• Like 5

A fancy C.I.A (cellular information authority) badge.

"certified spotter" hats

"ask me about my ping time" shirts

"official vehicle" "Stay back 1000 feet " vehicle door magnets

S4GRU "tower crew" vests

"Sensorly session in progress" bumper stickers

• Like 4

Here are a few more ideas for tag lines:

"My Ec/Io is better than your Ec/Io."

"I know what S4GRU did last summer."

"Hey, baby, want to see my custom PRL?"

AJ

• Like 5

Anyone ever try http://members2.cafepress.com/CnL/GetStarted? They doall sorts of things like this.

Any worry about that affecting the non profit educational satus of the site? I think you can upload the artwork and they can handle the sales and send you a bit for each if I remember right. Its been years since I looked at them.

Here are a few more ideas for tag lines:

"My Ec/Io is better than your Ec/Io."

"I know what S4GRU did last summer."

"Hey, baby, want to see my custom PRL?"

AJ

I could see doing all three of these, seriously. I love it!!!

Robert

• Like 2

Anyone ever try http://www.cafepress...sonalized-gifts? They doall sorts of things like this.

Any worry about that affecting the non profit educational satus of the site? I think you can upload the artwork and they can handle the sales and send you a bit for each if I remember right. Its been years since I looked at them.

No, it wouldn't effect us at all. We can sell something and have the money go to our bottom line without it being profit. It's just net gain to our fund. I can't imagine it raising much money at all. If we grossed $1000 after a year toward our fund, I'd be surprised. But if it's easy to manage because a 3rd party does all the work via a website, and there is appropriate interest, it seems like a good idea.

Robert

• Like 1

Additionally, if any of you know of a good quality/decently priced firm to do small, on demands orders like this, then I would love to hear about it. Other than Vista Print, I don't know much. And I hear they are expensive. And this may be a project I'd be willing to delegate if someone wanted to take it on for S4GRU.

See PM

I got a promotional flash drive recently. It was pretty cool except the drive itself was cheap as [expletive omitted]. There are options out there for different and likely better drives.

I like the idea. I'd go for a shirt at least, and possibly some SWAG as well. At work, I get free SWAG from our suppliers (pens, note pads, etc.). For example, at the moment, I'm using a pen courtesy of Pillsbury, which is actually pretty good quality (only reason I'd use it). I would much rather look at the S4GRU logo than the Pillsbury Dough Boy! :lol:

• Like 5