Physical Keyboard

JimBob

Any high-end slider LTE phones coming to Sprint in the near future? I am looking for:

- 4" screen or larger

- physical keyboard

- 4G LTE (800MHz 3G + 2.5GHz 4G?)

- 8MP camera or better

Currently, it seems the Motorola Photon Q 4G is the only phone available that fits my criteria. :(

Any high-end slider LTE phones coming to Sprint in the near future? I am looking for:

- 4" screen or larger

- physical keyboard

- 4G LTE (800MHz 3G + 2.5GHz 4G?)

- 8MP camera or better

Currently, it seems the Motorola Photon Q 4G is the only phone available that fits my criteria. :(

Wait for KLP phones to come out this fall

• 2 months later...

Have any of you guys stuck in s physical keyboard ever used Swype, it is way faster than any physical keyboard will ever allow you to type.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Have any of you guys stuck in s physical keyboard ever used Swype, it is way faster than any physical keyboard will ever allow you to type.

I have tried Swype several times and still by far prefer a physical keyboard.

I figure I'm going to have to upgrade by Aug 1 because 800SMR might be available by then and because I received a letter today from Sprint saying they're discontinuing my Airave Aug 1. My Epic doesn't have the ability to pickup EMSR & ePHRD so without my Airave, I'm done for getting decent service at home without an upgrade.

• Like 2

I figure I'm going to have to upgrade by Aug 1 because 800SMR might be available by then and because I received a letter today from Sprint saying they're discontinuing my Airave Aug 1. My Epic doesn't have the ability to pickup EMSR & ePHRD so without my Airave, I'm done for getting decent service at home without an upgrade.

Why would they discontinue your airave?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Why would they discontinue your airave?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

No clue. I might start a new thread about it and scan the letter in. I have the first Airave 1.0, FWIW.

There is already a thread about it. Can't remember where on here. Airave 1.0 is being discontinued, but Sprint should have offered you a free replacement.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Same here, I can't stand Swype.  When the day comes I have to forgo a physical keyboard finally though, I will most likely be using Swiftkey from that point on.

Swype may be fast but not accurate. Which makes it not fast when I have to go back and reread and correct. I use SwiftKey. But my wife hates both. That's why she wants a q10.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• 5 weeks later...

Kii is a good keyboard. You can customize it to your liking.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Being able to scale down the size sold me on Kii.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have any experience with external keyboards? Either through a case, or through bluetooth? It seems to me that without it being integrated in to the phone or a case, it would be pretty unwieldy and more or less defeat the purpose.

I'm used to typing on glass (Google Keyboard and Swiftkey are both great), but man, there are a lot of times I want a real keyboard and some arrow keys.

• Like 1

Does anyone have any experience with external keyboards? Either through a case, or through bluetooth? It seems to me that without it being integrated in to the phone or a case, it would be pretty unwieldy and more or less defeat the purpose.

I'm used to typing on glass (Google Keyboard and Swiftkey are both great), but man, there are a lot of times I want a real keyboard and some arrow keys.

Turn on the arrows in the SwiftKey settings. I can't live without them.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

I did for a while. It's just not the same.

• Like 1

I did for a while. It's just not the same.

Gotcha.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I carried around one of those mini bluetooth keyboards for a while using my original S2 and S3, but when i upgraded i found this S4 keyboard case and was pleasantly surprised by how well it works. I does get a bit janky when the battery is low but it works! Every year that passes though is another year i miss my G1 keyboard a little more...

• Like 1

I carried around one of those mini bluetooth keyboards for a while using my original S2 and S3, but when i upgraded i found this S4 keyboard case and was pleasantly surprised by how well it works. I does get a bit janky when the battery is low but it works! Every year that passes though is another year i miss my G1 keyboard a little more...

Gotta love the G1!

Wow, I wasn't aware of this....if more companies did something like this for the newer phones and they worked reasonably well I wouldn't be holding out on my Photon Q quite as long as I'm currently intending.  I wonder if the same company or another makes one of these for the latest LG phones?  If I were upgrading right now I think I might be drawn more to them than Samsung at the moment.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is there quick response from typing to onscreen... and is the combo very bulky in your pants pocket?

Wow, I wasn't aware of this....if more companies did something like this for the newer phones and they worked reasonably well I wouldn't be holding out on my Photon Q quite as long as I'm currently intending.  I wonder if the same company or another makes one of these for the latest LG phones?  If I were upgrading right now I think I might be drawn more to them than Samsung at the moment.

Someone, somewhere probably is making them for the more popular LG phones. I would imagine it would be based on the devices popularity. 

Is there quick response from typing to onscreen... and is the combo very bulky in your pants pocket?

Yes. Its is just as quick as it was with my G1. The downside to it is when the battery on the keyboard starts to drain you'll start to have a slower reaction and or will need to press the button twice. But with a good battery its pretty snappy. The battery easily lasts me all day, though if i were a heavy texter im not sure how long it would last. A full charge on the keyboard has lasted me up to 3 days...the bulk is there for sure and after a few months/weeks with the super slim S4 by itself you will notice the extra size. It's nothing crazy enough to make me stop using it. 

• Like 1

So no rumors on any new devices for Sprint that have a physical keyboard?  My mom is upgrade eligible, but she still loves her keyboard.

Might have to go S4Triband with one of those keyboard cases or S5 if a keyboard case is released.