Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Anyone know when LTE will come here in Davis? The kid at sprint promised LTE Spring of last year. I'm rocking a verizon PRL which is more tolerable than sprint's 3g. Anyone got any dates?

Davis + Woodland + Dixon has already been cluster launched for 3G and have 3G/800 in testing / live. 4G LTE will be fired up at each site one by one as the backhaul vendors deliver the upgraded backhaul to the sites. When will that happen? Nobody knows as that's dependent on which provider was contracted to do the work and their own schedules. 

• Like 1

Davis + Woodland + Dixon has already been cluster launched for 3G and have 3G/800 in testing / live. 4G LTE will be fired up at each site one by one as the backhaul vendors deliver the upgraded backhaul to the sites. When will that happen? Nobody knows as that's dependent on which provider was contracted to do the work and their own schedules.

Cool thanks. A while back I had LTE in sacramento but since I'm on a verizon PRL (and too lazy to constantly change them) I have no idea when it's up and running. I'll be checking these following weeks though, it seems as if Sprint is rebuilding big. Gonna be an exciting year.

In sacramento are they gonna cluster launch lte or 3g?

3G is priority. Nothing happens until the 3g side is up. Samsung modus operandi since the summer.

Sent from my Nexus 5

3G is priority. Nothing happens until the 3g side is up. Samsung modus operandi since the summer.

Oh ok ic and then after they cluster launch 3g they'll activate lte 1 tower at a time? And I got a text msg earlier today saying over the next month the new network will be largely completed in your area.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I live in Natomas and work in the Rancho Cordova area, and those are the places I spend most of my time. I'm currently with Verizon on 3G with unlimited data plan. Once Sprint's 3G is cluster launched in the Sacramento area (which I assume includes Rancho Cordova), is it worth becoming a Sprint customer at that point, figuring that 4G LTE service is right around the corner? Or should I wait until 4G LTE is live in the places where I'll be most of the time?

I live in Natomas and work in the Rancho Cordova area, and those are the places I spend most of my time. I'm currently with Verizon on 3G with unlimited data plan. Once Sprint's 3G is cluster launched in the Sacramento area (which I assume includes Rancho Cordova), is it worth becoming a Sprint customer at that point, figuring that 4G LTE service is right around the corner? Or should I wait until 4G LTE is live in the places where I'll be most of the time?

No. It is not recommended you to join sprint in the next 2-3 months unless something substantial happens in the next few weeks i.e. cluster acceptance / launch of 3G -> 4g. 

Oh ok ic and then after they cluster launch 3g they'll activate lte 1 tower at a time? And I got a text msg earlier today saying over the next month the new network will be largely completed in your area.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Cluster launch as many possible sites for 3G (usually numbers in the dozens to hundred(s)) in order to allow tri-band (spark) devices to access the LTE network due to circuit switch fallback pushing spark devices to 3G only status. A few days or weeks after a cluster launch on the 3G side, a LTE integration crew will come around and enable LTE services on any site that is ready. 

• Like 1

. . . I got a text msg earlier today saying over the next month the new network will be largely completed in your area.

Would you mind transcribing the entire message here for those who did not receive it (like me, not a customer yet)?

Would you mind transcribing the entire message here for those who did not receive it (like me, not a customer yet)?

SprintFreeMsg: Over the next month, the new network will be largely completed in your area. See new phone offer at http://sprint.us/upgrade1 Reply S to stop.

No. It is not recommended you to join sprint in the next 2-3 months unless something substantial happens in the next few weeks i.e. cluster acceptance / launch of 3G -> 4g.

Cluster launch as many possible sites for 3G (usually numbers in the dozens to hundred(s)) in order to allow tri-band (spark) devices to access the LTE network due to circuit switch fallback pushing spark devices to 3G only status. A few days or weeks after a cluster launch on the 3G side, a LTE integration crew will come around and enable LTE services on any site that is ready.

I've noticed since im connected to ehrpd most of the time now I catch lte so much easier and it stays alot better.

3 new LTE sites accepted in the market. 

- 1 near Tower Park Marina Resort on hwy 12 far west of Lodi

2 in modesto

- Near intersection of Tully Road & Bangs Ave

- Near intersection of Kiernan Ave & American Ave

Happy hunting and sensorly mapping!

* Exact locations of sites accepted, in progress, and all sprint cell sites are available in the sponsors area * 

I live right by the tower on tully and bangs and i had 4G this morning.Had 11 up and 4 down.Not to bad.

• Like 1

SprintFreeMsg: Over the next month, the new network will be largely completed in your area. See new phone offer at http://sprint.us/upgrade1 Reply S to stop.

I got the same text back in October and I live in Rancho. It is a generic text to everyone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 on Tapatalk 4.

Cool thanks. A while back I had LTE in sacramento but since I'm on a verizon PRL (and too lazy to constantly change them) I have no idea when it's up and running. I'll be checking these following weeks though, it seems as if Sprint is rebuilding big. Gonna be an exciting year.

Try going back to sprint's PRL.  I'm getting about 2 up 1 down now everywhere, and I don't remember getting much better when I was on verizon's prl.

Where? In davis?

Yeah.  Since they launched NV in Davis I've been seeing those speeds.  Where I've been in woodland isn't as good (more like .75 Mbps Down/.25 up) but definitely an improvement there as well. I couldn't even browse web pages in the same area in the past.

Im hearing that as of next week,Sprint will actually have access to live dates on towers they can relate to customers. Im in the Fair Oaks area in Sac county, i will call and see when our date is next week. If a cluster launch is the procedure, that should give an overall timeframe for Sac in general.

• Like 2

Roseville - Douglas Blvd / I-80

Does anyone know if there is anything going on with the tower at Douglas Blvd & I-80 in Roseville?  I usually get LTE/4G at my office with no problems.  Today, it will connect to 4G for a brief moment and then jumps to 3G, simuliar to time when I had understood they had been working on the tower in the past.

Roseville - Douglas Blvd / I-80

Does anyone know if there is anything going on with the tower at Douglas Blvd & I-80 in Roseville?  I usually get LTE/4G at my office with no problems.  Today, it will connect to 4G for a brief moment and then jumps to 3G, simuliar to time when I had understood they had been working on the tower in the past.

If it was on a Triband phone, it sounds like CSFB must have went offline at that site.  But you list a Note 2 as your device.  If that's what you were using, then that can't be it.

Robert

If it was on a Triband phone, it sounds like CSFB must have went offline at that site.  But you list a Note 2 as your device.  If that's what you were using, then that can't be it.

Robert

Yes, still running the Note 2.  Still having the conectivity problems with the 4G in the same area.   It seems to keep the 4G connection a bit longer but still is jumping back to 3G.  4G is also much slower than usual.  We do have cloud cover though not sure that matters (had always though clouds provided skip, but not sure with such a close connection ... anyway).

So after being told the last 2+ months that Redding would have 4G in January I was told the other day that it wouldn't be here until March. My contract ends on Saturday so I went in to T-Mobile and talked to them and played with the Note 3 and I'm all set to go in and get it. Then today I get that generic text from Sprint saying that "Over the next month, the new network will be largely completed in your area" it kinda actually frustrated me even more. They said 2 years ago that it would be a year ago. I might give it until I get my tax return.

Upper Central Valley - 12 updates (1 LTE)

Manteca, Lathrop, & Tracy CA has been cluster launched for 3G.

New site with 4G live in Modesto as well.

- Near intersection of B street & 7th Street near Wille Eletric Supply

Exact locations available in the sponsor area

Has anyone in the Modesto (or other Band 26 active) area gotten the Spark update on their LG G2? If so have you noticed a difference? I'm mostly curious about your indoor signal strength improving.

Band 26 is active in Modesto? I'm always the last to know.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro