Has the wait been worth it?

Agreed technology wise...but I might be due to less WiMAX users

I would believe that you would see faster speeds as customers migrate to LTE/EVDO(waiting on LTE). I noticed that when LTE phones started to sell more the evdo speeds dropped significantly.

My two cents...WiMAX is great when it works. And, at the moment, I am still rocking an OG EVO. Right now, I seem to be getting WiMAX 4G in a lot of places where I didn't before, so it is great for me. I also seem to be getting decent 3G too.

Network Vision seems to be helping.

Personally, I am looking forward to getting a new Sprint 4G LTE phone soon.

I remember reading that Clear sites that have both Wimax and their new LTE were seeing Wimax performance improvements due to new backhaul being hooked up for the LTE.

• Like 2

It all depends IM disappointed at sprint for promising Wimax. never got that and there NV is falling behind. Every tower near me has ropes of of it so I asked and they said there hear for att and Verizon. IM going to get the gs4 from sprint if no lte buy two years IM out.

It all depends IM disappointed at sprint for promising Wimax. never got that and there NV is falling behind. Every tower near me has ropes of of it so I asked and they said there hear for att and Verizon. IM going to get the gs4 from sprint if no lte buy two years IM out.

And I'm disappointed you mentioned WiMax.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 4

And I'm disappointed you mentioned WiMax.

Well if an in store sales and online promises you something and you never get it feels like there out just for you money. If they don't know just say we do not know. Being the NV project is behind the ceo lost 100 of thousands of shares. So maybe that will speed things up.

Well if an in store sales and online promises you something and you never get it feels like there out just for you money. If they don't know just say we do not know. Being the NV project is behind the ceo lost 100 of thousands of shares. So maybe that will speed things up.

There are some things CEO's and planners cannot control and that is what their competitors do. When you have ATT, Verizon, T-mobile, and local carriers doing LTE upgrades or overlays at the same time, you're going to get a lack of trained individuals to do your own upgrades. Tower crews are a very specialized work force and they are in high demand by the Big 4 all of whom are competing fiercely to roll out LTE.

Then there's the fact that sometimes your backhaul providers are related to your competitors (cough att / verizon land lines cough) that intentionally stretch out the time frame of delivering back haul to a cell site.

There's a lot of work to be done and not enough people to do it. Plain and simple.

You're a fool if you trust commissioned sales people. Can I interest you in a used car? Verizon sales people were telling folks in April 2011 when the Thunderbolt came out that LTE would arrive here in a few months. It showed up December 2012. People were upgrading to their next phone. Commissioned sales people.

• Like 3

You're a fool if you trust commissioned sales people. Can I interest you in a used car? Verizon sales people were telling folks in April 2011 when the Thunderbolt came out that LTE would arrive here in a few months. It showed up December 2012. People were upgrading to their next phone. Commissioned sales people.

online one wasn't a sales rep it was tech support.

There are some things CEO's and planners cannot control and that is what their competitors do. When you have ATT, Verizon, T-mobile, and local carriers doing LTE upgrades or overlays at the same time, you're going to get a lack of trained individuals to do your own upgrades. Tower crews are a very specialized work force and they are in high demand by the Big 4 all of whom are competing fiercely to roll out LTE.

Then there's the fact that sometimes your backhaul providers are related to your competitors (cough att / verizon land lines cough) that intentionally stretch out the time frame of delivering back haul to a cell site.

There's a lot of work to be done and not enough people to do it. Plain and simple.

I wish I know if there hiring id love to do this job!

online one wasn't a sales rep it was tech support.

Sprint customer service folks are a problem. They are grossly under educated. They do not know what they're looking at half the time. I don't know how many have reported NV is under way in a market because they see legacy upgrades. This is Sprint's fault. They need to train much better.

It's unfortunate, but you cannot trust anything any employee says about future network upgrades. The only thing you can hold carriers accountable to is what they release publicly. And they still may have problems meeting it. Delays happen. It's life.

If we cannot live with the delays, we send a message by taking our money elsewhere.

• Like 1

Sprint customer service folks are a problem. They are grossly under educated. They do not know what they're looking at half the time. I don't know how many have reported NV is under way in a market because they see legacy upgrades. This is Sprint's fault. They need to train much better.

It's unfortunate, but you cannot trust anything any employee says about future network upgrades. The only thing you can hold carriers accountable to is what they release publicly. And they still may have problems meeting it. Delays happen. It's life.

If we cannot live with the delays, we send a message by taking our money elsewhere.

TRUE!! on that I have a question On ct website where Nextel is it says Sprint/Nextel-Install microwave dish? What does that mean? Then on sprint side of it says install multi band antennas. (LTE) http://www.ct.gov/csc/cwp/view.asp?a=895&Q=248312&cscNav=|

As a former Sprint Premiere Care Rep for numerous years I pretty much agree with this. Many reps didn't really know what LTE was about or understand the time frames, Consumer and Sales depts are another issue. And LTE/NV/IDEN were related to many of our calls.

Sent from my Sprint powered Galaxy Note 2

they are using local internet providers such as fibertech Comcast Charter Cable vision excetera

Here in Houston, Texas the wait has not been worth it. We still don't have any consistent high speeds because the sytem is being oversold faster than they can build it and it crashes constantly. In addition we are now having constant voice issues as they scramble to deal with the data issues. I spend over 40% of my time on Wimax as it is faster than the the 4GLTE in most areas. I think network vision needs a seeing eye dog!! For the first time in 14 years I am having to move my business phones from Sprint to be able to do business!!

Here in Houston, Texas the wait has not been worth it. We still don't have any consistent high speeds because the sytem is being oversold faster than they can build it and it crashes constantly. In addition we are now having constant voice issues as they scramble to deal with the data issues. I spend over 40% of my time on Wimax as it is faster than the the 4GLTE in most areas. I think network vision needs a seeing eye dog!! For the first time in 14 years I am having to move my business phones from Sprint to be able to do business!!

What do you mean the system is being oversold? You mean that too many customers jumped onto 4G LTE causing the LTE experience to decline? Houston is still being actively deployed and since you are not a sponsor, you obviously have no insight as to which towers have LTE in Houston. As a premier sponsor or a sponsor, you will have access to see which towers in any market deployed with Network Vision are active.

• Like 1

Thanks for pointing out that my membership had expired. I didn't relaize it!! I'll get that resolved now. As for knowing what is going on. If you check back you will see I did a review on the Tri-band modem almost a year ago. I office right by one of the first towers on that was done on the North side of Houston in the Woodlands. I also cover 750 miles a week using the tri-band and my phones inside of Houston. It was fantastic at first as you will see in my initial reports made on here but it has steadily dropped to where in most areas a speed test with 100% signal will only get about 1.8 down 3.2 up. I can get 5.4 down with Wimax most of the time. The tower by my office has continously had problems and 75% of the phones in Houston had service issues three times in the last month!! I am still a customer but unless something happens fast it won't be for long. I just did a speed test test for you in Bellaire, Texas which is in downtown Houston. 2.54MB down 5.4MB up with 100% signal (-71dBm)and if you look at the test trace you can see speeds all over the map from 0.2mb to 14mb. I am praying it gets better soon!

I get these speeds daily so maybe its your handsety8ygu7e7.jpg

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Only problem is that your speedtests are out in Chicago while the previous poster is located in Houston. It may be his handset but it just seems like potential LTE issues in that part of Houston.

Thanks for pointing out that my membership had expired. I didn't relaize it!! I'll get that resolved now. As for knowing what is going on. If you check back you will see I did a review on the Tri-band modem almost a year ago. I office right by one of the first towers on that was done on the North side of Houston in the Woodlands. I also cover 750 miles a week using the tri-band and my phones inside of Houston. It was fantastic at first as you will see in my initial reports made on here but it has steadily dropped to where in most areas a speed test with 100% signal will only get about 1.8 down 3.2 up. I can get 5.4 down with Wimax most of the time. The tower by my office has continously had problems and 75% of the phones in Houston had service issues three times in the last month!! I am still a customer but unless something happens fast it won't be for long. I just did a speed test test for you in Bellaire, Texas which is in downtown Houston. 2.54MB down 5.4MB up with 100% signal (-71dBm)and if you look at the test trace you can see speeds all over the map from 0.2mb to 14mb. I am praying it gets better soon!

Besides relying on speedtests for your actual speed, are you seeing any real decline in data speed service as in youtube, netflix or internet browsing. If you ask robert or AJ on this forum, those speedtests are not reliable at all and should not be used to judge your true LTE speed. Those speedtests do nothing but give us a reason to show off to people what speeds you think you are receiving but are not the true practical speeds it actually is using. Even if you get 20 Mbps on a speedtest, there is no way to confirm that you are actually getting 20 Mbps unless you are downloading some huge file and confirm the download speed is actually 20 Mbps.

My point is unless you are seeing some major decline in data service, does it really matter???? I wouldn't worry so much about what the speedtest value says because in reality you are never using that full speed amount anyways. In terms of your voice, I don't know what to say other than to call Sprint to file a ticket to see if its truly a tower issue. Have you consulted any other Sprint customers in your building to confirm they are having dropped call issues as well. It could possibly be your handset. It seems like you are relying on a tri-band hotspot for your LTE service which is not the same as having a pure LTE phone.

Besides relying on speedtests for your actual speed, are you seeing any real decline in data speed service as in youtube, netflix or internet browsing. If you ask robert or AJ on this forum, those speedtests are not reliable at all and should not be used to judge your true LTE speed. Those speedtests do nothing but give us a reason to show off to people what speeds you think you are receiving but are not the true practical speeds it actually is using. Even if you get 20 Mbps on a speedtest, there is no way to confirm that you are actually getting 20 Mbps unless you are downloading some huge file and confirm the download speed is actually 20 Mbps.

My point is unless you are seeing some major decline in data service, does it really matter???? I wouldn't worry so much about what the speedtest value says because in reality you are never using that full speed amount anyways. In terms of your voice, I don't know what to say other than to call Sprint to file a ticket to see if its truly a tower issue. Have you consulted any other Sprint customers in your building to confirm they are having dropped call issues as well. It could possibly be your handset. It seems like you are relying on a tri-band hotspot for your LTE service which is not the same as having a pure LTE phone.

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delayed response. Wound up getting ill during the conversation. The reason I posted is because it is creating problems constantly. I use Sprint wireless to download files and deal with some networked applications all day long. File downloads in a good spot may average 1.6 mb/sec. but in some areas it will be 12kb/sec. We constantly run data quality tests for certain applications before executing them. These tests measure ping times, jitter, a reasonable 150 kb/sec minimum speed and packet loss to determine the reliability for our networked applications. The connections are rated on a point system from 0 (best) to 500 (worst). A 275 minimum is required to have a reasonable chance of success. As a reference 3G 80% is about a 250 to 260 score. Wimax scores out at 210 - 230 60% or above. To give you a reference to hard wire the local ISPs typically score 80 to 100 with the new comcast business class coming in at 24 (best I have ever seen) and certified gold T-1 coming in at 38.

When 4GLTE started here the score was an amazing 98 with 100 percent signal!! I expected some degradation as more people started using the service but I never thought I would see a 398!! To make matters worse the tech support people are now unable to help as most towers are under construction which means when you call with an issue they don't check into it. I run into routers that need resetting and that sort of stuff about once a month which Sprint normally fixes with a phone call. They won't even take a look now!! This includes 3G and Wimax!! I would be happy to live on 3G and Wimax until the construction is finished but the construction is causing issues on these as well. On Friday I heard that in an area meeting (sometime prior) on Network vision Ericsson has agreed to 120 more teams in our to get the problems resolved which gives me great hope. I can't wait for them to get it ironed out. When they do I will definitely let you know!! Quite frankly until recently Sprint was the best carrier for our needs and we hope they work it out soon!! I have even offered to help them several times as our vehicles travel live so we sell all the issues wherever we travel but no takers!!