Has the wait been worth it?

I'm in Puerto Rico and I can say when it's available, LTE is well worth the wait. Unfortunately, it seems I spend most of my time in areas that aren't ready yet and I may have awesome LTE coverage one day and EVDO the next. When there's full LTE (such as in my in-laws' go figure) the experience is amazing. I can watch my Ultraviolet videos with perfect performance over there!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Is it better than 3G? Yes. Is it consistent and the miracle we had hoped? Not yet.

In a market with 75% of towers upgraded to LTE, I still find both covrage and speed very inconsistent, very often falling back onto 3G... at which point data crawls along slower than a snail with salt shaker chasing it.

Let's hope that at 100% LTE upgrade it is good; then it will be worth it.

In Fort Wayne and Indianapolis Indiana I average about 3-5 Mbps down and 2-3 up in fort Wayne, and around 15-20 down 4-5 up in Indianapolis. Fort Wayne has a very large sprint customer base, so speeds started out around 15-20, but it has significantly slowed down, but it is still fast enough. Verizion 4g in Fort Wayne is normally under 1 Mbps because of how crowed their network is here. And lets be honest, my phone streams perfect video at just 1 Mbps, so why do you really need 20 or 25 Mbps(other than it looks and feels awesome)?

• Like 1

totally worth it! was driving home from work yesterday and I had sensorly going, wasn't thinking I was going to hit an LTE hotzone until my phone blew up and I had a strong signal the whole drive. Speedtest was only around 5mbps, which is well below what LTE can really do but it was a good drive!

• Like 1

Not worth it Here in Miami. Only able to get good 4g on the Major Highways. 1 area in my neighborhood gets 20+ MB so sad. As soon as sprint start to do a data cap like AT&T and Verizon We may start seeing faster speeds.

Not worth it Here in Miami. Only able to get good 4g on the Major Highways. 1 area in my neighborhood gets 20+ MB so sad. As soon as sprint start to do a data cap like AT&T and Verizon We may start seeing faster speeds.

Miami only has 23% of its area covered with Network Vision and not all of it is LTE. Since you are not a sponsor here you can't see which towers have LTE which is why you observe LTE gaps. Miami still has a long way to go but you can see from the areas that have LTE that speeds are great.

• Like 2

If you become a sponsor, you can see what towers are actually accepted, what towers are in progress, and what towers haven't been touched. Miami is not a "launched market" and has many, many towers to upgrade.

Even if you get 20 Mbps on a speedtest, there is no way to confirm that you are actually getting 20 Mbps unless you are downloading some huge file and confirm the download speed is actually 20 Mbps.

system panel android app will show you realtime network thoroughput.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.systempanel

for idevices, the istat2 app can also show network thoroughput but it seemed a little janky last time I used it.

OK so how can I become this primer sponsor. I'm not trying to bash sprint. We pay the money went the service. They say "Truely Unlimited" Can't half use it. I thought living in Miami was a Big city like New York, California, Atlanta. Only way I can use my phone is to turn the 4g off and use the 3g CDMA. Don't ask it works.

How do I become Primer Sponsor.

OK so how can I become this primer sponsor. I'm not trying to bash sprint. We pay the money went the service. They say "Truely Unlimited" Can't half use it. I thought living in Miami was a Big city like New York, California, Atlanta. Only way I can use my phone is to turn the 4g off and use the 3g CDMA. Don't ask it works.

How do I become Primer Sponsor.

Check this thread out. It has all the information you need.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

• Like 2

Here in Houston, Texas the wait has not been worth it. We still don't have any consistent high speeds because the sytem is being oversold faster than they can build it and it crashes constantly. In addition we are now having constant voice issues as they scramble to deal with the data issues. I spend over 40% of my time on Wimax as it is faster than the the 4GLTE in most areas. I think network vision needs a seeing eye dog!! For the first time in 14 years I am having to move my business phones from Sprint to be able to do business!!

Houston is definitely a more challenged market for Sprint. Since it is a spectrum challenged market and they cannot add more EVDO capacity in the heaviest usage areas, I would expect LTE to be heavier burdened there than in most markets. Since Houston, Chicago and Fort Wayne are the worst spectrum constrained markets for Sprint, I would expect their LTE network to be more burdened and weaker performing.

Spectrum constrained markets will definitely need LTE 800 and LTE 2600.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Hey rob I'm still getting the same 20mb I've gotten since January bro lol. And I'm in Chicago as u know and a gnex so how's this

Anecdotal evidence is just that -- anecdotal. And to be gauging the speeds that you are getting, you must be running a lot of speed tests. Tsk, tsk...

AJ

Anecdotal evidence is just that -- anecdotal. And to be gauging the speeds that you are getting, you must be running a lot of speed tests. Tsk, tsk...

AJ

I flash roms through my phone plus I'm a power user that browse enough I can tell if I'm having a speed difference. And I run speed tests every here and there actually.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

I've posted before about stuff like this and unfortunately I still feel the same way. I live in Chicago and commute from the suburbs to the city every day on three different major highways depending on traffic. All three highways on the LTE site maps would make you believe that the trip would be 4G heaven. The performance has been very disappointing. My evidence is through streaming music (usually Pandora) or video (my slingbox) during my commute. Definitely the music is better than the video but neither is great and the slingbox streaming is downright poor. Not from a quality point of view (often I do audio only since I'm driving and can't watch the picture anyway) but from the stuttering, disconnections etc.

I came from AT&T and an iPhone on 3G and both performed far better than my Sprint Note 2 has. I would have issues with the slingbox but far less frequently and never had issues with Pandora. I don't know if I'm not connecting to 4G or if the 4G performance is poor as I'm driving and can't check and truthfully it doesn't even matter. The main thing is that it doesn't work well and often is completely unusable. I also work in the loop and 4G becomes virtually impossible to find down here.

Now don't get me wrong, there are definitely times that I'll have a strong LTE signal and browsing the net will be very speedy. I also don't regret coming to Sprint as my bill is almost half what I was paying before thanks to a family plan. In terms of speed though, I've heard that it will continue to get better and I certainly hope it will but I definitely thought by mid-April considering the Chicago push for Sprint the performance would be better by now. I can't speak much to voice quality/dropped calls as I just got a PRL with 800SMR so I want some more time to observe how my reception is before commenting.

I've posted before about stuff like this and unfortunately I still feel the same way. I live in Chicago and commute from the suburbs to the city every day on three different major highways depending on traffic. All three highways on the LTE site maps would make you believe that the trip would be 4G heaven. The performance has been very disappointing. My evidence is through streaming music (usually Pandora) or video (my slingbox) during my commute. Definitely the music is better than the video but neither is great and the slingbox streaming is downright poor. Not from a quality point of view (often I do audio only since I'm driving and can't watch the picture anyway) but from the stuttering, disconnections etc.

I came from AT&T and an iPhone on 3G and both performed far better than my Sprint Note 2 has. I would have issues with the slingbox but far less frequently and never had issues with Pandora. I don't know if I'm not connecting to 4G or if the 4G performance is poor as I'm driving and can't check and truthfully it doesn't even matter. The main thing is that it doesn't work well and often is completely unusable. I also work in the loop and 4G becomes virtually impossible to find down here.

Now don't get me wrong, there are definitely times that I'll have a strong LTE signal and browsing the net will be very speedy. I also don't regret coming to Sprint as my bill is almost half what I was paying before thanks to a family plan. In terms of speed though, I've heard that it will continue to get better and I certainly hope it will but I definitely thought by mid-April considering the Chicago push for Sprint the performance would be better by now. I can't speak much to voice quality/dropped calls as I just got a PRL with 800SMR so I want some more time to observe how my reception is before commenting.

What kind of case do you have on your Note 2? I ask because I recently got a case and noticed that my LTE performance was markedly reduced when I was in Oklahoma. I drove around a site and amazed how bad the range was on the site. I knew that the Note 2 was a solid LTE RF performer.

I checked out the downtilt, and it did not suggest that the range should be as poor as it was. I drove a mile away in a straight shot and lost the signal. I then picked up the EVO LTE I had with me and it was still connected. I then knew something was wrong because the EVO would never have less cover rage than the Note 2. I looked at my Note and remembered I just put on a new case. I took it off and voila, LTE came back. Full range was restored.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I have the Otterbox defender and still snag those 8 or 9 mile connections.

Sent from my little Note2

I never had an issue with cases until my son got me a slick Apple Green aluminumique case.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk