I wonder if the city is in anyway holding up this site. Otherwise, what possibly could be the problem?

I'm really surprised that it has been a month since construction was completed on the site in downtown Lansing and nothing has been fired up.  There is Fiber everywhere downtown and a lot of it.  I'm surprised that the backhaul would be holding this up.

I was driving down m6 this evening and it seemed u had much better 4g than usual. It had is good spots before, but tonight I was around 90dbm the whole way down. Anyone know if they did something new or switched on a couple more towers?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk now Free

I was driving down m6 this evening and it seemed u had much better 4g than usual. It had is good spots before, but tonight I was around 90dbm the whole way down. Anyone know if they did something new or switched on a couple more towers?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk now Free

If you were east of 131 it's very possible they turned on the tower @ Kalamazoo. The equipment has been up for a couple months and is the only tower left that's not on the accepted sites map between 131 and 96

I wonder if the city is in anyway holding up this site. Otherwise, what possibly could be the problem?

my only thought is that Sprint is using at&t and they need to extend their fiber

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Does the iPhone 5 take advantage of this?

I believe only the iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s have radios in that band.

The iPhone 5 (along with most current phones) work with voice (1x 800) on 800. The iPhone 5c and 5s also work with LTE on 800 (when it gets activated).

That is kinda what has happened downtown Lansing.  Until the Lugnut gets turned, we are being serviced by the site near Frandor, ever since MSU went back in session, data has come to a crawl on LTE.

I had noticed the same thing in Kzoo around Western, once they came back it slowed to a crawl as well. Once penetration gets better, service should as well, of course.

Forgot to put my phone on the charger last night and it died.  As I was driving to work this AM, but in on the car changer and turned it on.....what did it find....1x800 in Kalamazoo!  :clap:  At the next stop light, took a look at SignalCheck Pro and saw a 208 NID, 22410 SID and a BID of 20945 (0x51D1).  Also fired up Netmonitor and decided to take the long way into work on the near west side of Kalamazoo (around WMU campus).  This caused me to track at least 4 towers....all with 1x800. :)  Didn't find any new LTE though. :(

More info coming over in the Michigan Map Thread.

It is going to make waiting for Robert to update the acceptance report/map hard this week.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody still getting consistent 800Mhz/SMR in the GR area?  I want to check out my Note 2, using a custom PRL to see if calls/texts will actually stick on SMR or shunt to PCS as our dear S4GRU overlord/leader Robert has experienced.  Living in Portland now, I was thinking about venturing to Lowell as I've gotten SMR connections from there in the past.  Alto is closer, but I haven't gotten consistent SMR connections from those sites.

Anybody still getting consistent 800Mhz/SMR in the GR area? I want to check out my Note 2, using a custom PRL to see if calls/texts will actually stick on SMR or shunt to PCS as our dear S4GRU overlord/leader Robert has experienced. Living in Portland now, I was thinking about venturing to Lowell as I've gotten SMR connections from there in the past. Alto is closer, but I haven't gotten consistent SMR connections from those sites.

Full signal, crystal clear call quality here in the Wyoming area.

post-8463-0-67456500-1383187394_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they're making the push to get everything at least 3G accepted, 3 Towers that I have been watching for just popped up 3G accepted with the update on the 10th (Robert must have forgotten to update the last post it still shows the 8th), they fill out most the areas I use... hopefully they'll make an 800mhz push here to really fill out the voice coverage and then work on back hauling where they need to for 4G

Any Nexus 5 or LG G2 users in the Lansing area hit by the CSFB bug and not able to connect to LTE?  Lansing is a bay or purple pins in an ocean of yellow/green/red/aqua.

A sub contractor is back downtown Lansing working on the Lugnut. Can't tell if they are working with the new antennas/rrus or removing the legacy equipment. I'm still on 1x for that site.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Seems like the past 2-3 weeks the service has been awful. I was driving east on 94 and dropped calls several times between Battle Creek and Jackson. Driving on 131 daily I tend to drop calls as well, usually just south of Schoolcraft. I'm beginning to get frustrated with the recent drop in quality.

Our closest tower went down this morning... seems that the on sight back up power must have ran out? We just unexpectedly got our power back half an hour ago.... I'm roaming on verizon where I have never roamed before

Seems like the past 2-3 weeks the service has been awful. I was driving east on 94 and dropped calls several times between Battle Creek and Jackson. Driving on 131 daily I tend to drop calls as well, usually just south of Schoolcraft. I'm beginning to get frustrated with the recent drop in quality.

Take a look at the sponsor level Sites Complete map and you'll see the reason for the BC-Jackson issue. (Hint: NV-Legacy boundary)

• Like 1

Yeah signal is much worse and now I'm on EV-DO instead of eHRPD and now I'm only on 1x800 and not 1XRRT, signals strengths are worse my my 800 signal is what my 1900 signal was, I wonder if they played with the antennas or if was the storm? although these changes seemed to occur hours after the storm ended...

Edit

Still on 800 but signal strength is 10 dBm better the must be working on the Tower... right? Waiting for LTE to pop up now... that would make my day...