Just curious if anyone is experiencing the the same thing. As I reported last Wednesday Night I started getting 1x800. It was everywhere I went in GR on Thursday, then sometime on Friday I lost it, and can't get it back. I must still be getting signal from the new NV equipment, since all the geo. info shows the correct address, but no 800. What are others seeing around GR?

I haven't gotten any 800 yet. Been keeping an eye on the phone since you mentioned it, but when I drive by the area I get nothing...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

If you are on a stock PRL then you won't see it on the Note2, you'd need one of digiblur's custom PRLs

If you are on a stock PRL then you won't see it on the Note2, you'd need one of digiblur's custom PRLs

Or just do a manual update on your prl, it will hold until you connect to a tower without live 800. I have to drive to saranac before I lose it!

By manual you mean by updating prl in the settings menu? I have done that fairly recently, well maybe it's been a couple of weeks though. I'll try that. Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

yep, settings- update- update prl. it's just a temp fix but it should work/hold throughout pretty much all of south GR. Had 800 all day today.

on a side note, can we just flash the digiblur prl? or is it more complex. Not so good with the code writing etc... and have no need to root at this point. just want my phone to work

Just curious if anyone is experiencing the the same thing. As I reported last Wednesday Night I started getting 1x800. It was everywhere I went in GR on Thursday, then sometime on Friday I lost it, and can't get it back. I must still be getting signal from the new NV equipment, since all the geo. info shows the correct address, but no 800. What are others seeing around GR?

I haven't gotten any 800 yet. Been keeping an eye on the phone since you mentioned it, but when I drive by the area I get nothing...

For what it's worth, I've updated PRL's a dozen times, but I've seen zero 1x800 so far. I have seen the updated 3G gear (1x locations are now accurate, which is awesome!)

I've also noticed that a lot of sites that are "accepted" for 3G/4G, aren't actually running new service yet. (Most 3G-only sites still push out 2G EVDO service, some 4G accepted sites still aren't actually broadcasting LTE.)

This is most notable downtown, since ArtPrize is starting now, there's no data service in all of downtown yet. (2G EVDO is swamped with the extra traffic, so it's 100% unusable during the day/evening. LTE isn't running at all yet).

I'm expecting a rough month downtown.

Matt, 

Not sure, but I think it might be your device for why you haven't seen it. I think I read something somewhere about it using a different PRL, and I think that is what jefbal99 was referring to above.  Maybe he can chime in with more.

Or just do a manual update on your prl, it will hold until you connect to a tower without live 800. I have to drive to saranac before I lose it!

Danny, 

So, you are saying you are still getting 800 this week?  I have tried the PRL update, reboot phone, even tried making signal weak so it drops and reconnects.  Nothing for me.  Good to here that 1x800 is still active in the area, bummer for me that I can't pick it up anymore... oh well.  Thanks for the info.

Danny,

So, you are saying you are still getting 800 this week? I have tried the PRL update, reboot phone, even tried making signal weak so it drops and reconnects. Nothing for me. Good to here that 1x800 is still active in the area, bummer for me that I can't pick it up anymore... oh well. Thanks for the info.

Yep, still going strong, even down in the basement! Solid from 44th in GR, all the way to the east side of Lowell!

post-8463-0-90889600-1379508121_thumb.png

Matt, 

Danny, 

So, you are saying you are still getting 800 this week?  I have tried the PRL update, reboot phone, even tried making signal weak so it drops and reconnects.  Nothing for me.  Good to here that 1x800 is still active in the area, bummer for me that I can't pick it up anymore... oh well.  Thanks for the info.

On a side note, check the Meijer site @ Rivertown. Looks like some TD-LTE goodness. I would do no justice submitting pics from my phone. I'll leave the HD photo uploads to you. You have locked in that arena for sure!

Galaxy S3 vs. Galaxy Note 2.  The Galaxy Note 2 still has an odd PRL, 2000, with no SMR/800Mhz support due to some sort of an issue.  The S3 has a standard PRL that supports SMR/800Mhz.

If you are on a Note2, updating the PRL will not help you at all currently.

Galaxy S3 vs. Galaxy Note 2. The Galaxy Note 2 still has an odd PRL, 2000, with no SMR/800Mhz support due to some sort of an issue. The S3 has a standard PRL that supports SMR/800Mhz.

If you are on a Note2, updating the PRL will not help you at all currently.

Shit

If you become a sponsor, digiblur has a custom prl that you can load that supports SMR

Is it a zip that you would flash of I were rooted? Was rooted before, but honestly this phone is so smooth I have no need to root, unless it gets me better signal!

Is it a zip that you would flash of I were rooted? Was rooted before, but honestly this phone is so smooth I have no need to root, unless it gets me better signal!

You need to root, the flash a zip to enable PRL Write, then rename the PRL to TEST.prl and put it in the root of your SDCard, this run the PRL Write with mobile data disabled.

Yep, still going strong, even down in the basement! Solid from 44th in GR, all the way to the east side of Lowell!

On a side note, check the Meijer site @ Rivertown. Looks like some TD-LTE goodness. I would do no justice submitting pics from my phone. I'll leave the HD photo uploads to you. You have locked in that arena for sure!

Well, I had 800 a week ago today, but after it disappeared on Friday, it hasn't come back to me.  Maybe that just means that my 1900 coverage is good enough and it doesn't need to switch to 800 (at least in the phones 'mind').  There are a couple of indoor places that I was hoping 800 would improve very poor coverage, and I plan to be in both placesin the next 48 hours, guess I'll just have to keep an eye out in those places and see what happens.

I'll try to get out by the Meijer tower over the weekend and get a few pics.  Thanks for the heads up.

I picked up a Space Grey 32GB iPhone 5s today from the west Lansing store. I got there just before 8 and there were about 15 people waiting. They did not have any silver or gold models in-store, and the person in front of me got the last 16GB model they had. All in all, pretty smooth rollout.

Anybody in GR near downtown having 4G data issues? I lost data about an hour ago. I'm still connected to 4G on my note 2 with full signal but i can't do any data. I flipped back to 3G and I have data. So not sure if it's my phone or the network.

Anybody in GR near downtown having 4G data issues? I lost data about an hour ago. I'm still connected to 4G on my note 2 with full signal but i can't do any data. I flipped back to 3G and I have data. So not sure if it's my phone or the network.

PM me your phone number and the cross street you're at, I'll submit it to the network team. Grand Rapids has been having some odd issues lately, and I've been trying to use our Network Pinpoint tool as much as possible.

It might be overloaded due to ArtPrize.

Downtown GR doesn't have LTE yet, so everyone's trying to use it from the towers North and South of downtown.

I just drove through downtown about one hour ago today, and I had data working, but LTE was crazy slower than usual (I clocked less than 200k down).

Downtown GR doesn't have LTE yet, so everyone's trying to use it from the towers North and South of downtown.

I just drove through downtown about one hour ago today, and I had data working, but LTE was crazy slower than usual (I clocked less than 200k down).

That is kinda what has happened downtown Lansing.  Until the Lugnut gets turned, we are being serviced by the site near Frandor, ever since MSU went back in session, data has come to a crawl on LTE.

The ArtPrize idea might be right on, looks like the local news is reporting big red was having some problems this weekend...

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/268764/14/Verizon-resolves-to-fix-ArtPrize-voting-issues

The ArtPrize idea might be right on, looks like the local news is reporting big red was having some problems this weekend...

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/268764/14/Verizon-resolves-to-fix-ArtPrize-voting-issues

And if big red is having trouble you know spring is going to have issues.

Looks like the "lugnut" downtown Lansing is finally getting some love

I'm really surprised that it has been a month since construction was completed on the site in downtown Lansing and nothing has been fired up.  There is Fiber everywhere downtown and a lot of it.  I'm surprised that the backhaul would be holding this up.

• Like 1

I'm really surprised that it has been a month since construction was completed on the site in downtown Lansing and nothing has been fired up.  There is Fiber everywhere downtown and a lot of it.  I'm surprised that the backhaul would be holding this up.

Yep. I know of one company personally that has fiber on that site in Lansing, and isn't even using it.

We have the same issue on McKay in Grand Rapids. There are a dozen vendors in Grand Rapids selling 60x60 MetroE, three vendors selling gigabit microwave fiber and four different vendors with wired fiber in downtown GR, but "backhaul" is holding up the site.

<siderant>

I personally could get 100x100 dedicated backhaul, directly to McKay tower, in one business day (installed and lit for use), if I knew who to contact at Sprint to get them to actually use it.

Sprint of course, perfers to buy everything from AT&T and Comcast, rather than work with the five different local Michigan business, any of who would actually install service for them in a reasonable timeframe.

</siderant>

• Like 1