I was in the Kalamazoo area this weekend. There is another site broadcasting LTE in KZO other than the known site on the north side of the city. I was getting a fairly solid signal near on Sprinkle Rd north and south of I-94. I'm not sure but maybe the site near Cork and Sprinkle is active.

Tower on Tefft Ave near 12 Mile Rd in Rockford has begun broadcasting LTE. First disscovered this on 5/9/13. It has been a somewhat inconsistant LTE signal, so it is possible this tower is still undergoing testing.

Lots of towers in lansing and the surrounding area have antennas and rrus, guessing just waiting on backhaul

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Forum Runner

I have a solid 4-5 bars of LTE inside the building at work today. Getting about 10mb down and up. Very pleasantly surprised this morning. No more using wifi that blocks Gmail at work :-)

I have a solid 4-5 bars of LTE inside the building at work today. Getting about 10mb down and up. Very pleasantly surprised this morning. No more using wifi that blocks Gmail at work :-)

Where??

Sent from my note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Where??

Sent from my note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Ha ha, that would help wouldn't it?

Near downtown GR, Michigan and Fuller area.

Ha ha, that would help wouldn't it?

Near downtown GR, Michigan and Fuller area.

OMG OMG OMG, i live on michigan and fuller :D you said that i turned off wifi and bam 4g

Yep and is decent speed when I was running speed tests today to. Enjoy man, I plan to every day at work now.

Sprint has brought up a cluster of NV 3G according to a source in the sponsor thread.  The area is East of GR, West-> East Alto to Portland and South -> North Freeport -> Sheridan

This includes the I96 corridor from Portland to the M6, don't be surprised of you drop calls due to Legacy->NV or NV->Legacy handoff

Sprint has brought up a cluster of NV 3G according to a source in the sponsor thread. The area is East of GR, West-> East Alto to Portland and South -> North Freeport -> Sheridan

This includes the I96 corridor from Portland to the M6, don't be surprised of you drop calls due to Legacy->NV or NV->Legacy handoff

But long term that is good right?

But long term that is good right?

Very good, my speculation is that this is being done with a view to enabling CDMA 800Mhz once Nextel shuts down in the end of June.  Sprint voice can be very spotty in those rural areas and adding SMR voice would greatly reduce, if not eliminate their VZW roaming charges.

My wife uses her Iphone 5 in Hart with full 4g LTE!!!  I have seen a new tower being upgraded just past the White Lake Drive exit on US 31 Northbound in Whitehall.  Any ideas in this area?

Edited by geocachenut

I got CDMA800 in Lowell over the weekend and I was also picking it up occasionally at Tyler Creek, but it was a weak signal, so I'm not sure where it was from.

• Like 1

I got CDMA800 in Lowell over the weekend and I was also picking it up occasionally at Tyler Creek, but it was a weak signal, so I'm not sure where it was from.

You should try something like Signalcheck or CDMA Field Test or Netmonitor to try and see the site location. My experience thus far has been that NV Cells squawk the actual tower's address, instead of ~1 mile from it as legacy ones do in MI.

• Like 2

You should try something like Signalcheck or CDMA Field Test or Netmonitor to try and see the site location. My experience thus far has been that NV Cells squawk the actual tower's address, instead of ~1 mile from it as legacy ones do in MI.

I use mikejeep's signalcheck, but I had the address part turned off ;)

• Like 1

Looks like the site north of Schoolcraft at U Avenue and US-131 in Kalamazoo County went live.

The site south of Vicksburg was updated with NV equipment so I wonder how long before this site goes live as well. 

Tower on West Saginaw across from Meijer next to the Lansing Mall is spewing LTE.  The Tower down by Horrocks might be, I had LTE inside Horrocks, but CM10.1 on my Note 2 has screwed up signal strength right now.  A speed test in the horrocks parking lot was 20mbps+ so I'm fairly sure that the next acceptance report will have LTE on that site accepted.

• Like 1