Guest tommy1150

Yes, I currently do own the HTC EVO 3D with wimax. My intention was to switch to Verizon once the S4 was released but then I found out Verizon won't get the phone until sometime in May and also that there was a new 4G LTE up the street from where I live. I don't use much data at all, I just want a reliable phone service. Sorry for any confusion.

Seems like West MI activity has slowed. Was so excited there for a while. Sites were popping up like crazy.

floods, freezing rain, gale force winds, snow storms in March... I think things will pick up again, when the weather starts to stabilize around here. That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

• Like 3

I take W. Michigan Ave to and from work everyday, from Delta Twp., to the Capitol. Last night for the first time, I noticed that I maintained a very strong LTE connection from downtown all the way until somewhere between Rosemary and Waverly Rd. It may be this has been active before, but it's the first time I noticed. FWIW, Speedtest pulled down 9.5 Mbps, but only .62 up.

• Like 1

I take W. Michigan Ave to and from work everyday, from Delta Twp., to the Capitol. Last night for the first time, I noticed that I maintained a very strong LTE connection from downtown all the way until somewhere between Rosemary and Waverly Rd. It may be this has been active before, but it's the first time I noticed. FWIW, Speedtest pulled down 9.5 Mbps, but only .62 up.

This was a combo of the MLK/Holmes tower and handling off to the Saginaw/Stanley St/Old GM plant tower. I take Ottawa to Verlinden to Saginaw and have LTE just about the whole way.

OK folks over by Frandor/lake Lansing road, I got a very faint 4g at the Lansing Pediatrics office across from Eastwood Towne Centre. I had our long enough to get 6 Sensorly points, but I have no clue where it is from. The water tower on Abbott and the Grosbeck towers haven't been touched. I've thought about the MLK/Filley tower, but I drove that way and got no LTE. Start hunting those east side towers and find out the source of that signal!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forum Runner

4G LTE showed up today near Cascade Rd. and Burton in Grand Rapids. It's nice to see the project moving along. Speedtest yielded 4.78MB down and 3.06 up with a 64ms ping time. I can't wait for them to light up the towers in the Ada area as well.

OK folks over by Frandor/lake Lansing road, I got a very faint 4g at the Lansing Pediatrics office across from Eastwood Towne Centre. I had our long enough to get 6 Sensorly points, but I have no clue where it is from. The water tower on Abbott and the Grosbeck towers haven't been touched. I've thought about the MLK/Filley tower, but I drove that way and got no LTE. Start hunting those east side towers and find out the source of that signal!

Ok, more intel, downtown at the Romney building, I now have solid -100dBm. I'm betting it is the tower by Frandor, off Clippert between Mich Ave and K'zoo St. Can any east side folks snag some pictures of that tower?

I was heading back to Grand Haven from Zeeland on Sunday and happened to glance down at my phone near Port Sheldon and I was getting 4G. I ran a speed test 3 times over the course of 5 minutes and got anywhere from 17 MB/s up to 21! It went back to 3G and 100 kb/s just south of Grand Haven high school.

I also work in the Romney and currently have 3 bars of 3G. You must be on a higher floor / near a window.

Ok, more intel, downtown at the Romney building, I now have solid -100dBm. I'm betting it is the tower by Frandor, off Clippert between Mich Ave and K'zoo St. Can any east side folks snag some pictures of that tower?

I also work in the Romney and currently have 3 bars of 3G. You must be on a higher floor / near a window.

Yup, on the roof basically and near windows. However, I kept my LTE while in the bathroom too! :) Get to an east side window and cycle airplane mode. We've got 3 Sprint LTE devices up here all on LTE.

Samsung Note 2 -94dBm

HTC One -106dbm

LG Viper (not sure on signal)

I work south of the Stadium at Michigan and Larch. I can get a decent LTE lock when my Viper is pointed out a south-looking window. Can't wait for upgrade time, this Viper is murder.

I work south of the Stadium at Michigan and Larch. I can get a decent LTE lock when my Viper is pointed out a south-looking window. Can't wait for upgrade time' date=' this Viper is murder.[/quote']

When the lugnut tower gets upgraded, you'll be golden!

Hey guys I saw this on my way home today. I am thinking they are Sprint LTE tower antennas, but not for certain. The truck/trailer was going north on the East Beltline near 44th St. I am hoping they were for Sprint towers!! Enjoy, and sorry for uploading to Flickr since they were over my upload quota for the site. 1) http://flic.kr/p/efkiE5 2) http://flic.kr/p/efkiQ7 3) http://flic.kr/p/efez1n

Edited by Shima
  • Like 2

Hey guys I saw this on my way home today. I am thinking they are Sprint LTE tower antennas, but not for certain. The truck/trailer was going north on the East Beltline near 44th St. I am hoping they were for Sprint towers!! Enjoy, and sorry for uploading to Flickr since they were over my upload quota for the site. 1) http://flic.kr/p/efkiE5 2) http://flic.kr/p/efkiQ7 3) http://flic.kr/p/efez1n

Sweet! We could use some lte around 44th and the beltline!

Well, my whining worked. The tower closest to my home (M43 between Mulliken and Sunfield) is suddenly "on." I turned off my WIFI this morning and saw the 4G icon and had to do a speed test. It runs a consistent 3MB up and down with bursts of speedy brilliance.

Bunch of happy here.

• Like 1

Well, my whining worked. The tower closest to my home (XXXXXXXXXX, M43 between Mulliken and Sunfield) is suddenly "on." I turned off my WIFI this morning and saw the 4G icon and had to do a speed test. It runs a consistent 3MB up and down with bursts of speedy brilliance.

Bunch of happy here.

Nice, I drive past that tower all the time. Sensorly map it and get pictures up on the sponsor in progress thread. Also, please edit your post to remove the site ID, that is sponsor only info.

Oops, my mistake. Got a little too excited seeing the 4G icon.

I tried to map out but sensorly wasn't working again. Can't wait to get rid of this phone.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Saw some activity today on the tower on Lyons rd @ College Rd southwest of Mason. Looks like new cabinets were installed but couldn't tell about panels as I was looking right into the sun. Definitely is not turned on yet.

Had heard a rumor that the tower in Mason behind the fire station is complete, but no LTE downtown there tonight.

I was driving the I96/M66/M43 areas today and got a solid 4G connection from at least Lake Odessa (when I noticed it) to Sunfield to Mulliken. Sensorly is crap on this phone but I think I got at least some of it mapped.

• Like 1