I've been getting 4g on the south edge of kentwood all week from dutton to cutlerville along 68th street and up 131 to 196 amd down to fuller ave here in GR. However it hasn't been overly fast as it has barely registered over 1mb download speeds in spots and the most I've gotten was 4. And it will barely penetrate into a building like a house and is nonexistant inside a big building. Hope this gets better or it wont be any better than their 3g. Anyway, fyi.

you are probably getting service from a very distant tower and are on the edge of its coverage area. If you donate and become a site member, you can see what towers have been upgraded.

Anybody on the southwest side of Lansing or maybe Diamondale with a quality camera? I need a HQ pic of the top rack of the Tower on between Lansing Rd and Billwood Hwy near the State of Michigan Secondary complex. You can get close to the tower off from Lansing Rd, turning right/north into an old Home builders lot just before News Rd.

I believe this tower has new NV antennas and Samsung RRUs, but the picture from my Note 2 is way too grainy when I zoom in. I need optical zoom, not digital zoom. You may be able to get close to the tower via Billwood Hwy, but the access road appears to be the end of a private driveway, just past the Lake Trust Credit Union.

you are probably getting service from a very distant tower and are on the edge of its coverage area. If you donate and become a site member, you can see what towers have been upgraded.

Eh, that's alright. I think with the way it's going I'm going to switch to T mobile soon anyway since hspa+ is as fast or faster than sprints LTE. Sprint is literally slower than dial up speeds I had out in the country ten years ago in downtown GR most days. I can't even look up directions or a phone number unless I have 10 minutes to wait.

Eh, that's alright. I think with the way it's going I'm going to switch to T mobile soon anyway since hspa+ is as fast or faster than sprints LTE. Sprint is literally slower than dial up speeds I had out in the country ten years ago in downtown GR most days. I can't even look up directions or a phone number unless I have 10 minutes to wait.

I think sprints 3g speeds have GREATLY improved. And 4g is coming fast. My brother in law has t mobile and there coverage is rough.

Sent from my note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Eh' date=' that's alright. I think with the way it's going I'm going to switch to T mobile soon anyway since hspa+ is as fast or faster than sprints LTE. Sprint is literally slower than dial up speeds I had out in the country ten years ago in downtown GR most days. I can't even look up directions or a phone number unless I have 10 minutes to wait.[/quote']

Enjoy t mobile 2g edge/gprs when you leave the city or drive anywhere.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Upgrades on the Sprint tower in Lansing near the old GM plants between Willow and Saginaw. New panels and two RRUs, indicating 800 SMR. I thought Lansing was in the 100mile exclusion zone, but we might be on the outer edge.

8580579951_331fc1205c_z.jpg

IMG_6341 by jefbal99_, on Flickr

Bigger version at Flickr with other pics.

This site is broadcasting LTE this morning

• Like 1

Anybody on the southwest side of Lansing or maybe Diamondale with a quality camera? I need a HQ pic of the top rack of the Tower on between Lansing Rd and Billwood Hwy near the State of Michigan Secondary complex. You can get close to the tower off from Lansing Rd, turning right/north into an old Home builders lot just before News Rd.

I believe this tower has new NV antennas and Samsung RRUs, but the picture from my Note 2 is way too grainy when I zoom in. I need optical zoom, not digital zoom. You may be able to get close to the tower via Billwood Hwy, but the access road appears to be the end of a private driveway, just past the Lake Trust Credit Union.

I was able to do a little mapping of the 4G LTE near this location yesterday on sensorly. Most of my commute from the Potterville to South Lansing area is now almost entirely 4G. Now just need to get more Lansing towers turned on and we'll be all set.

I was able to do a little mapping of the 4G LTE near this location yesterday on sensorly. Most of my commute from the Potterville to South Lansing area is now almost entirely 4G. Now just need to get more Lansing towers turned on and we'll be all set.

I wonder if that tower got turned on. I'll need to head back over there, when I was there last week, it was only 3G.

I wonder if that tower got turned on. I'll need to head back over there, when I was there last week, it was only 3G.

It has to of been turned on b/c i normally don't have 4G in that area on my way to work and now i pick it up for quite a few miles on I-96 going East

• Like 1

Sprint Tower on Grand River Ave and Ingersoll Rd has new panels and RRUs

both of these sites were accepted for LTE :)

You caught this one quick! I saw them hanging the panels on the same day you posted.

You caught this one quick! I saw them hanging the panels on the same day you posted.

dumb luck, I was out at the State of MI Ops center for a work meeting

Excellent. How soon do you estimate we'll see an LTE connection in Delta Twp.? (I'm near Waverly HS) Do you think it'll be a signal strong enough to get indoors?

both of these sites were accepted for LTE :)

Edited by DanMacMan

Excellent. How soon will we see an LTE connection in Delta Twp., would you estimate? Do you think it'll be a signal strong enough to get indoors?

No clue, the tower by the old GM plants was a month from panel install until LTE was live. However, the tower on the southside between Lansing Rd and Billwood Hwy was a week or two.

The Tower on Saginaw Hwy near Meijer (behind the buffet place) got new panels and RRUs on Monday & Tuesday of this week. I haven't seen anything on the tower down by Horrocks yet. I'd guess that the Meijer area will have LTE in the next month. As for working indoors, it will just depend on how far you are from the tower and what the building you are in is constructed from. Many things can limit RF propagation.

That's exciting. I didn't realize there was one by Meijer. Thanks for the updates.

You should really donate a few bucks, you'll be amazed by the wealth of knowledge in the Sponsor Forums. The tower maps and sites complete are awesome.

Guest tommy1150

just came across this site trying to find information about the supposed new Sprint towers in Byron Center, MI. I work for a local lawn care company here in West MI and am feed up with how often I drop calls. I downloaded the Sensorly app last night, I'll run it today while I'm out in route. I live just south of the new Speedway in Byron Center and haven't been able to pick up the 4G signal at all. My daughters go to school & daycare by the McDonalds closer to Gezon Parkway on Byron Center Ave. I don't recall every picking up a 4G signal up there just the wifi signal from Starbucks is crazy strong because I can pick that up at the intersection. Is this tower on Byron Center Ave live now? If not, does anyone know when it will go live?

just came across this site trying to find information about the supposed new Sprint towers in Byron Center, MI. I work for a local lawn care company here in West MI and am feed up with how often I drop calls. I downloaded the Sensorly app last night, I'll run it today while I'm out in route. I live just south of the new Speedway in Byron Center and haven't been able to pick up the 4G signal at all. My daughters go to school & daycare by the McDonalds closer to Gezon Parkway on Byron Center Ave. I don't recall every picking up a 4G signal up there just the wifi signal from Starbucks is crazy strong because I can pick that up at the intersection. Is this tower on Byron Center Ave live now? If not, does anyone know when it will go live?

It was live when iwent through there on Tuesday. Was thefirst site live in West mi. What phone do you have? I get cell signal there (near Speedway) when I drive through the area, but it is on the edge of usable signal I would say.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

According to your user info, you have an EVO 3D. That device uses 4G WiMAX. The WiMAX footprint is what it is; it will never get any larger. The Byron Center site uses 4G LTE, a completely different type of signal on a completely different frequency, and will require you to purchase a different phone.
  • Like 2

It was live when iwent through there on Tuesday. Was thefirst site live in West mi. What phone do you have? I get cell signal there (near Speedway) when I drive through the area, but it is on the edge of usable signal I would say.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah if he's not picking it up one of two things is going on. Either his LTE is disabled in the settings or he doesn't have an LTE phone.

What phone do you have tommy?

The tower in Byron Center is right behind the McDonalds in town. Is LTE enabled on your device?

Edit in: Your profile shows an EVO 3D which is a wimax phone, there is no wimax in Bryon Center

The tower in Byron Center is right behind the McDonalds in town. Is LTE enabled on your device?

Edit in: Your profile shows an EVO 3D which is a wimax phone, there is no wimax in Bryon Center

Figured that was the case. I have friends with wimax phones that don't understand the difference and are ticked they can't get LTE and that wimax is not being expanded when I explain it. I can't blame them either.