Network Vision/LTE - Central Iowa Market (Des Moines and surrounding areas)

sweyers

Back in town from Kansas City and getting an LTE signal (though pretty weak) at my house.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-01-17-21-52-55.png

That screenshot honestly tells me nothing other than you are connected to LTE. Go to the engineering screen, look at the lte serving cell and compare it to the sponsor spreadsheet. If you pull a serving cell that isn't on the spreadsheet we'd be interested.

That screenshot honestly tells me nothing other than you are connected to LTE. Go to the engineering screen, look at the lte serving cell and compare it to the sponsor spreadsheet. If you pull a serving cell that isn't on the spreadsheet we'd be interested.

Serving cell 299 which is already on the sheet. Now that I have a better idea of what I am looking for I will check it before I post next time.

post-25462-0-90954100-1390020319_thumb.png

• Like 2

Serving cell 299 which is already on the sheet. Now that I have a better idea of what I am looking for I will check it before I post next time.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-01-17-22-31-22.png

No problem at all. Just wanted to make sure you knew how to access the resources at your disposal. Sponsorship has its privileges here. :)

• Like 1

I happen to be coming home and I noticed that I'm getting LTE inside my house!  Thought I'd never see the day.  I wasn't getting the highest of speeds, and I know they probably have more work to do, but at least they're turning on the towers in my neck of the woods! 

I know I'm not a sponsor, but I would like to say this tower is near 28th and Ingersoll, and I kept an eye on the phone until I was outside my house, and then it shifted back to 3G, but it keeps bouncing in between the LTE tower and the 3G ones...kind of nice, I think.  Here's some pictures!

post-22327-0-00650700-1390281720_thumb.jpg

post-22327-0-41411600-1390281721_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I know I'm not a sponsor, but I would like to say this tower is near 28th and Ingersoll, and I kept an eye on the phone until I was outside my house, and then it shifted back to 3G, but it keeps bouncing in between the LTE tower and the 3G ones...kind of nice, I think.  Here's some pictures!

Thanks for posting. This is for sure a new one. I think I know where this is coming from based on sponsor information. bmoses on the sponsor side also reported connecting to a couple different unaccepted towers tonight as well. So it looks like more LTE for Des Moines! Congratulations.

• Like 1

Today is the first time I've seen 4G indicated on my phone while downtown, in the vicinity of 6th & Grand.

However, at the moment, I can't seem to get a data connection with it.  Various things I've launched seem to time out as if no data is flowing, despite activity on the little up/down arrows beneath the 4G.  Also, the little icon with the two semicircular arrows pointing at each other is staying on, which is what it does when it is having trouble syncing mail stuff in the background.

when a tower is first accepted there are sometimes issues with data on it for a day or two. also being that one covers downtown and its the only one right now its probably serving a ton more people than it will once the other towers around it come online.

Last night at the corner of 22nd and Westown Parkway in West Des Moines, I noticed a strong LTE signal. Did a speed test and saw speeds that are sometimes faster than my Mediacom connection. Upstream was about double what I see from Mediacom.

EwqxJiT.png

• Like 1

I just want to let everyone know that I am getting LTE inside my house, and it seems to be working okay.  I can get about 5-6MB max down, but hopefully when all the equipment on that tower and turn on the other 3G tower near my house, it'll be great!

I wish Apple would not restrict downloads more than 50MB on the iPhone 5S, despite data being unlimited for Sprint.

I just want to let everyone know that I am getting LTE inside my house, and it seems to be working okay. I can get about 5-6MB max down, but hopefully when all the equipment on that tower and turn on the other 3G tower near my house, it'll be great!

I wish Apple would not restrict downloads more than 50MB on the iPhone 5S, despite data being unlimited for Sprint.

Not that you need more inside your house anyway. Indoors I use WiFi. I need LTE from my front door and everywhere I go. At home, I just need voice.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I have this personal thing where if I'm paying $200 for two lines of service, I'm going to use the hell out of Sprint unlimited data.  I've used almost 5GB so far this month, and i'm only ten days into my billing cycle. I do have Wifi at home, but LTE is nice for when my partner is hogging bandwith by downloading stuff on his PlayStations...

• Like 1

I have this personal thing where if I'm paying $200 for two lines of service, I'm going to use the hell out of Sprint unlimited data.  I've used almost 5GB so far this month, and i'm only ten days into my billing cycle. I do have Wifi at home, but LTE is nice for when my partner is hogging bandwith by downloading stuff on his PlayStations...

That attitude will just run the network into the ground again, and you data abusers will have no one to blame but yourselves.  Sheesh...

AJ

• Like 1

I have this personal thing where if I'm paying $200 for two lines of service, I'm going to use the hell out of Sprint unlimited data. I've used almost 5GB so far this month, and i'm only ten days into my billing cycle. I do have Wifi at home, but LTE is nice for when my partner is hogging bandwith by downloading stuff on his PlayStations...

Q.O.S.

No QOS fixes that. Looking at LTE connection with 12,000ms pings right now. Yes, that's twelve thousand millisecond pings.

I meant on the WiFi side.

when a tower is first accepted there are sometimes issues with data on it for a day or two. also being that one covers downtown and its the only one right now its probably serving a ton more people than it will once the other towers around it come online.

It's still zero data here downtown on LTE. Maybe there are some other issues. Signal check pro says it's on Falcon Drive.

It's still zero data here downtown on LTE. Maybe there are some other issues. Signal check pro says it's on Falcon Drive.

signalcheck will not tell you where your LTE is coming from, you need to use the GCI or PCI that signal check shows you to compare to the spreadsheet to see where LTE is coming from.

and there is only 1 LTE tower live downtown right now. there are hundreds of people sharing 37mbps of bandwidth. its going to be slow until all of the towers downtown are live to share the load.

• Like 2