Network Vision/LTE - Central Iowa Market (Des Moines and surrounding areas)

sweyers

Workers were at the MLK location running wire to the base, I assume fiber. I'm not sure if they got it run their truck got stuck in the snow.

ugh that sucks! did the truck have any markings? like was it for mediacom or ericsson or someone else?

South side tower by fleur takes forever to connect a call....upwards of 30 seconds. Is this common during upgrades? I noticed it doesn't take as long at other places around town but this is pretty consistent. Also our home phone is thru Sprint and it's been really flakey lately.

South side tower by fleur takes forever to connect a call....upwards of 30 seconds. Is this common during upgrades? I noticed it doesn't take as long at other places around town but this is pretty consistent. Also our home phone is thru Sprint and it's been really flakey lately.

except for turning on LTE, which doesn't affect voice, the upgrades for des moines are complete. so if you are having issues with a tower i would call in to sprint and have them open a ticket on it.

since the towers got switched over to NV equipment last month i've had zero issues. in fact my family members that were complaining all the time about dropped calls and what not, from back when everything was legacy and nothing was going on up till now, haven't had any issues either and are much happier now.

• Like 2

I am a Des Moines resident. Just thought I would mention that about three weeks ago (December of 2013), I was riding in the back seat of a car and noticed the 4G notice come up on my Sprint phone. I was located on south side I believe on Bell or Indianola Ave. Only lasted for a short while, but it made me think that maybe some work is going on to get Sprint 4G in Des Moines finally. Only been paying that extra $10 "data" fee for 4 or 5 years now!

I am a Des Moines resident. Just thought I would mention that about three weeks ago (December of 2013), I was riding in the back seat of a car and noticed the 4G notice come up on my Sprint phone. I was located on south side I believe on Bell or Indianola Ave. Only lasted for a short while, but it made me think that maybe some work is going on to get Sprint 4G in Des Moines finally. Only been paying that extra $10 "data" fee for 4 or 5 years now!

hello and welcome! there are 9 or 10 towers live with 4G across the metro currently. In december they got all of the towers switched over to the new network vision equipment. over the next few months they will continue to turn more and more 4G on as backhaul becomes available :)

• Like 1

:wall:Here we go with the 4G charge again. lol

That charge is for premium data and has been for the last 3-4 years. Even with that charge Sprint is still cheaper than Verizon and the Death Star (AT&T). :)

You couldn't charge as much as they do for speeds this bad.:o

post-27791-0-46355500-1389315472_thumb.png

You couldn't charge as much as they do for speeds this bad.:o

The Sprint legacy network sucks. Yes, we get that. No one wants to hear or see your posts about it here. Please don't post anymore complaints and post slow speed tests. We don't want to see them.

Robert

• Like 3

You couldn't charge as much as they do for speeds this bad. :o

A little sarcastic dissent doesn't exactly flourish around here. Please report to the principal's office for your spanking.

All,

Looking for some help in confirming some 1x800 connections. There are 8 towers around the downtown area that should be broadcasting 1x800 but no one has posted a screenshot confirming that they are live. If you are a sponsor you can check out the spreadsheet and map in the first post in the link in my sig to see which towers aren't listed as 1x800 live yet.

So if you get a 1x800 signal from a tower around downtown please post a screenshot of it from signalcheck so we can get the information added.

All i ask is that if you are a sponsor you look in the spreadsheet for the BID(s) you are going to post about and make sure it hasn't already been reported. If you are not a sponsor please at least make sure it hasn't already been posted in this thread before posting. doing that will help cut down on the work i need to do when updating things :)

thanks all for your help! :D

All,

Looking for some help in confirming some 1x800 connections. There are 8 towers around the downtown area that should be broadcasting 1x800 but no one has posted a screenshot confirming that they are live. If you are a sponsor you can check out the spreadsheet and map in the first post in the link in my sig to see which towers aren't listed as 1x800 live yet.

So if you get a 1x800 signal from a tower around downtown please post a screenshot of it from signalcheck so we can get the information added.

All i ask is that if you are a sponsor you look in the spreadsheet for the BID(s) you are going to post about and make sure it hasn't already been reported. If you are not a sponsor please at least make sure it hasn't already been posted in this thread before posting. doing that will help cut down on the work i need to do when updating things :)

thanks all for your help! :D

post-27791-0-89742600-1389645833_thumb.png

• Like 1