Network Vision/LTE - Central Iowa Market (Des Moines and surrounding areas)

sweyers

gtpred99 - if you happen to get around SE 14th / Hartford area see if you can get some 1x800 from a tower near there.   Thanks for doing these screen shots of data lately !   Been a great help  :lol:

gtpred99 - if you happen to get around SE 14th / Hartford area see if you can get some 1x800 from a tower near there.   Thanks for doing these screen shots of data lately !   Been a great help  :lol:

At SE .14 and Hartford

post-27791-0-58838400-1390877589_thumb.png

• Like 3

Can anyone tell me if the Spark update for the G2 is of any benefit to users here in the Des Moines area. It enables bands 26 and 41. I know we are not a Spark city but I don't know if we have a single band or 2. Thanks

Can anyone tell me if the Spark update for the G2 is of any benefit to users here in the Des Moines area. It enables bands 26 and 41. I know we are not a Spark city but I don't know if we have a single band or 2. Thanks

No it is not an immediate benefit to us here in des moines. I haven't read on the update to know if it improves b25 performance, but that would be the only benefit from it here. In the short term we should start seeing b26 go live, so you will need it for that. B41 however is probably a year out from going live around here.

It will eventually help when they set up and turn on the other two bands.  1 or THREE.  Spark is tri-band.

The low band is supposed to have a little better structure penetration and help with indoor performance.

It will eventually help when they set up and turn on the other two bands. 1 or THREE. Spark is tri-band.

The low band is supposed to have a little better structure penetration and help with indoor performance.

I said 1 or 2 bands because I know we don't have Spark and didn't know if Sprint was using just 1 band in non Spark markets or 2. So it's 1,3,or none. Tri band is what pulled me to the G2 initially. That and it's a all around monster. Thanks for the info guys. Edited by gonkwr

I said 1 or 2 bands because I know we don't have Spark and didn't know if Sprint was using just 1 band in non Spark markets or 2. So it's 1,3,or none. Tri band is what pulled me to the G2 initially. That and it's a all around monster. Thanks for the info guys.

Don't have spark (yet)

It's 1 frequency band now, 2 soon, 3 eventually.

DSM will be a launched spark market eventually. Before that, it will probably have some of the benefits.

Anything over the base frequency is spark in my mind since a spark enabled phone is at an advantage anytime it has more frequency spectrum to use. Launched officially yet or not.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Hey I've been having trouble on my moto x with complete random signal drop when it's set to 3/4g and the phone switches between evdo and erhpd. I called sprint last night and they said I should be keeping my phone in 3g only mode until the LTE rollout is complete. Is this a sprint issue or do I need my phone looked at? Prl and profile are current.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Hey I've been having trouble on my moto x with complete random signal drop when it's set to 3/4g and the phone switches between evdo and erhpd. I called sprint last night and they said I should be keeping my phone in 3g only mode until the LTE rollout is complete. Is this a sprint issue or do I need my phone looked at? Prl and profile are current.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

honestly i have no idea on this. it could be a phone issue. but it could also be since the deployment isn't done the weak LTE signals your phone is seeing is confusing it and causing the issues.

my call dropping issues are back to almost non existent. only every once in awhile do i drop one. and its usually only when i'm talking to my wife on her way home. she works in the WDM area and has an iphone 5. obviously not scientific, but there could either be issues with the WDM towers, or iphone5's. really no way to know without a larger sample size.

My wife is still having issues with her HTC LTE. I have none with my S4. Took it into Sprint lat night. He did "something". Now she's getting texts, but still crappy call quality. She'll loose a call going from one room to another in our house. Never a problem before the tower switches to 800.

The Sprint guy said I'm lucky if I haven't had any dropped calls. FWIW

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

No LTE at the club tonight. :( But as soon as I stepped outside to socialize, I had full LTE bars. What's the deal? Does Sprint's LTE signal not work inside buildings or what? I know they have the 800 mhz plans or whatever, will that help inside buildings? Hopefully the next iPhone will support tri-band! And when is the deployment plan (I know nobody has the answer here, totally understand that, just frustrated and want to talk with other knowledgeable individuals on this forum)