Network Vision/LTE - Toledo Market (Toledo, Bowling Green, Findlay, Lima, Port Clition)

keelerman8042

What's taking so long for the City of Sylvania to have decent coverage?

I would say the fiber has been hanging on the pole for more than 7 months. When sprint learns that it's there they would actually hook it up..But, they say 3 months again as of Monday.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Its weird. If you look oh sensorly its like the lima area in a big circle is devoid of anything.

Not weird at all.  No backhaul.

Robert

• Like 1

Are than any options for backhaul besides CenturyLink? I know that Van Wert County is using another company for their service here.  Wasn't there any dates et in the contract to keep these companies from delaying progress, a financial penalty for delays should have been included.

Edited by OhioCalling

Are than any options for backhaul besides CenturyLink? I know that Van wert County is using another company for their service here.  Wasn't there any dates et in the contract to keep these companies from delaying progress, a financial penalty for delays should have been included.

Liquidated damages... Every contractor's worst nightmare.  I agree though.

Not weird at all.  No backhaul.

Robert

Not tryimg to ba an arse but verizon dosent seem to be having backhaul problems here. Thoigh there are a few towers where verizon still only has 3g.

Sprint should have went with time warner as they have a pretty wide country coverage and they just launched 8x4 docsis 3.0 here in preperation for 300x20

Not tryimg to ba an arse but verizon dosent seem to be having backhaul problems here. Thoigh there are a few towers where verizon still only has 3g.

Sprint should have went with time warner as they have a pretty wide country coverage and they just launched 8x4 docsis 3.0 here in preperation for 300x20

Sprint is not Verizon.  I didn't say that it was impossible for Sprint to get backhaul from someone.    It's just they haven't received it from the company they did contract with.  It will take as long as it takes.  And we don't even know when Sprint ordered the backhaul in Lima.  It may have been strategically chosen as last.  Someone has to be last.

But at least all the equipment is upgraded around Lima.  When the backhaul goes live at each site, it's just a matter of a Samsung integration tech to come visit the site and fire everything up.

Robert

• Like 1

Its weird. If you look oh sensorly its like the lima area in a big circle is devoid of anything.

Hey your not the only one that don't have it yet poor Ryan in Sylvania don't have LTE, yet there's a fiber line just waiting to be hooked up and every tower in Toledo and metro has LTE but one site that was a GMO now converted to full build and 4 out of the 5 Sylvania towers don't have LTE..your not the only one, it is what it is...sucks I know.
  • Like 1

Well i decided to get me a galaxy note 3 because best buy had it for $99. was going to get it at sprint for $150 but best buy always seems to have good deals.

you may be thinking Why go with a single band phone?

Well even though sprint only has 3G in the lima area you can always get a signal whever you go. when i was doing my testing up in cleveland with my GS3 i noted that 1900MHz LTE will provide at least 5Mbps down on a -110 Dbm signal where 3G always drops at like -103.

So even if you have a single band LTE device in the lima area if you pick up 3G you will most certanly puck up 4G LTE on 1900MHz. that is whenever they launch it here lol.

I wish I could say I have seen increased coverage in Toledo.  Yes there's 4g, but from when I've looked it seems no better than the old 3g towers.  I will say Sylvania Ave (between Jackman/Lewis) was better after the recent tower upgrade

edit:  with HTC M8 

I wish I could say I have seen increased coverage in Toledo. Yes there's 4g, but from when I've looked it seems no better than the old 3g towers. I will say Sylvania Ave (between Jackman/Lewis) was better after the recent tower upgrade

edit: with HTC M8

The big issues with Toledo:

1.We have trees all over the place that block the signal. I used to get a decent LTE signal from my house but scince the trees have got leaves and such it's worst.

2. The tower height all over Toledo is not very high at all so again anything in its way will reduce the amount of signal being able to go threw.

3. They may have not optimized all sites yet to there full output.

4. With all this we need 800. When? Idk I don't think anyone will know it maybe next week it may not be till next year.

darn ISP backhaul providers taking their sweet time. why has sprint not gotten on their butts yet and started threatening them or something?

Good question. I wish, well we all Do. This just my Opinion of course and it may be way off but it's prob the lack of management taking care of it in the first place..not only our sites but nationwide should have more sites with LTE. Someone didn't enforce it like they should have. But again just my thoughts based on what I know. Its unfortunate but there's nothing we can do but hope Sprint can come up with something with the lack of backhaul to the sites

darn ISP backhaul providers taking their sweet time. why has sprint not gotten on their butts yet and started threatening them or something?

• Like 1