Network Vision/LTE - Toledo Market (Toledo, Bowling Green, Findlay, Lima, Port Clition)

keelerman8042

Well my iPhone 5C just hit LTE at my house then went back to 3G but my speed is faster and the rep told me "I should" see some LTE by next week right after the call my phone had a great LTE SIGNAL

• Like 1

When they are testing 4G do the towers automatically throw out the test signals or do sprint do it manually on their end?

No, if they are testing, you will not see any LTE signal at all.

So I have a iPhone 5C now when the towers are fully completed will I have 4g lte & 4g when I turn the lte switch off?

What does this even mean? 4G LTE and 4G? There is only one 4G technology you phone can use, it's LTE.

When LTE goes live, your phone will automatically connect to it no problem as long as you leave LTE enabled. 

My friend who lives in Alabama have 4G LTE then when she turns the switch off her phone will say 4G so that had me confused at first.

What carrier? AT&T calls their 3G HSPA+ network "4G" on their devices. 

With Sprint, there is only 3G or LTE. 

@Dkoellerwx why is there 4G lte signal on and off if they are testing does that cut 3g and 4G off in a way its confusing.

Because you have a very very weak signal. It is coming from a tower a long ways away. 

• Like 2

@keelerman8042 when they first started rolling out 4G LTE in Toledo, Ohio how long was it before you guys had the LTE go live?

it depended sometimes it was right after it was accepted or a day or so. I live west of Sylvania and i just happen to look at my phone and it said LTE.

Sent from my LG G2

• Like 1

She has the The Iphone 5s but she said before they had Lte she had the WIMAX 4G on her old evo.. 

That's correct, before LTE was deployed Sprint used WiMax for their 4G service, but it did not cover everyone. No iPhone ever had access to WiMax. 

There are no smartphones out there that are able to use WiMax and LTE. Any smartphone sold since 2012 only uses LTE for 4G. WiMax is being shut down in the next year or so.

• Like 2

Im pretty certain that those of us who are picking up LTE in the Shawnee area are pulling in from the Cridersville tower.

Yep, you read that right....THE CRIDERSVILLE TOWER!

How does that even happen? LOL! Do yourself a favor and drive into that little city and watch your LTE come to life. 

For those of you not familiar with the Lima area, Cridersville is a town of about 100 people just south of Shawnee. 

Im guessing they are in a different market than us cause the in progress map doesnt show anything south of Shawnee. 

Im pretty certain that those of us who are picking up LTE in the Shawnee area are pulling in from the Cridersville tower.

How does that even happen? LOL! Do yourself a favor and drive into that little city and watch your LTE come to life.

For those of you not familiar with the Lima area, Cridersville is a town of about 100 people just south of Shawnee.

Im guessing they are in a different market than us cause the in progress map doesnt show anything south of Shawnee.

Band 26? Can you find out?

• Like 1

Lol Cridersville out of all places? Man Lima must be doing real bad lol.

I'm just randomly reading your thread, but wanted to point out that this situation makes perfect sense.  Please understand that Sprint is launching in clusters now due to an eCSFB issue.  Also, understand that they are working outside of the market inwards in order to keep dropped calls / frustration as small as possible.  Therefore, almost all areas notice the same thing.  Small rural towns get their towers upgrade to LTE first and then Sprint works there way in.  This is a generalization and cannot be taken as gospel for all areas.  Another thing to note is that towers are LTE accepted ONLY when they have backhaul installed.  It is extremely possible for one site to have backhaul installed and ready, while another site 2 miles away doesn't get backhaul installed for six months.  Another catch is permitting.  All of these upgrades are major and require a permit.  Some site locations are more difficult than others and therefore require more time / permitting in order to complete.  Therefore, please try to be as patient as possible, the light is nearing the end of the tunnel...

• Like 2

I'm just randomly reading your thread, but wanted to point out that this situation makes perfect sense.  Please understand that Sprint is launching in clusters now due to an eCSFB issue.  Also, understand that they are working outside of the market inwards in order to keep dropped calls / frustration as small as possible.  Therefore, almost all areas notice the same thing.  Small rural towns get their towers upgrade to LTE first and then Sprint works there way in.  This is a generalization and cannot be taken as gospel for all areas.  Another thing to note is that towers are LTE accepted ONLY when they have backhaul installed.  It is extremely possible for one site to have backhaul installed and ready, while another site 2 miles away doesn't get backhaul installed for six months.  Another catch is permitting.  All of these upgrades are major and require a permit.  Some site locations are more difficult than others and therefore require more time / permitting in order to complete.  Therefore, please try to be as patient as possible, the light is nearing the end of the tunnel...

Toledo is over 80% LTE it is everything outside the the city that needs backhaul.

How can i determine which band it is, Fraydog?

Engineering Screen -> LTE Engineering -> Band Number

Engineering Screen Code Changes based on phone iirc but try *#*#33284#*#*

• Like 1

Toledo is over 80% LTE it is everything outside the the city that needs backhaul.

Engineering Screen -> LTE Engineering -> Band Number

Engineering Screen Code Changes based on phone iirc but try *#*#33284#*#*

Just to add to this our market is now 100% complete with 3G upgrades. Again like jason said its pretty much just waiting for the smaller citys like BG and Lima and the other rural sites to get backhual or accepted .