Network Vision/LTE - Toledo Market (Toledo, Bowling Green, Findlay, Lima, Port Clition)

keelerman8042

Aye you don't gotta get rude bro it was just a question.. Give up then?

2500/2600 is specturm that sprint is deploying their fast lte network on. There is a lot of areas on the this site to help you out more. But it is basically network vision 2.0. It is sprints game changer and with this new 2500/2600 equipment your looking at average speeds of 50/60 mbps per a second. Sadly your iphone 5c cant get it though :(

What's 2500? Dumb question

what Ryan is trying yo say is most of the info about 2500 is in the premier sponsors section, but 2500 aka band 41 LTE is the frequency which will be cable of 50-70 MBPS and more in the future. Will also help with capacity issues. That'd all I can share right now outside of premiere section.

Sent from my LG G2

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I don't follow up with the forum that much because I work so much, so if my question upset some of you sorry. But thanks I really appreciated that my question was answered.

Watch this 3 minute video. Sums up a lot of what is talked about around here in a everyday business talk (not complicated).

If you have more questions feel free to ask in forum or by pm.

http://youtu.be/2vVxAHVUvU4

• Like 2

I wish they would have started 800 first.

Blame Canada....

Actually for us blame the local emergency people. Now that the all clear has been made and all licence's have been delt with for all of Ohio they will be able to start with 800. If you notice we have Two Rrus on our towers ones for 800 other 1900, go north only one. Likely hood it'll be the later part than sooner but we will have it...and need it.

Sent from my LG G2

i was on the west side of lima and saw some construction. it looked to me like a house at first but i noticed on the middle of the plot a big slab with huge looking bolts, so i was like HMM turned around and pulled into the drive. turns out a new tower is being put in but on the paperwork hanging it says the job is for verizon. i was like well that blows! sprint could use another tower or 2 around here. but even though the job is for verizon i am wondering if they own the tower itself or another company like "tower something" and could possible allow co locations with AT&T and sprint?

The company that listed the information is wirelessestimator.com though they seem to be contractors that build towers they dont seem to list specific information about tower locations/owners

i was on the west side of lima and saw some construction. it looked to me like a house at first but i noticed on the middle of the plot a big slab with huge looking bolts, so i was like HMM turned around and pulled into the drive. turns out a new tower is being put in but on the paperwork hanging it says the job is for verizon. i was like well that blows! sprint could use another tower or 2 around here. but even though the job is for verizon i am wondering if they own the tower itself or another company like "tower something" and could possible allow co locations with AT&T and sprint?

The company that listed the information is wirelessestimator.com though they seem to be contractors that build towers they dont seem to list specific information about tower locations/owners

I think if they wanted to they could ask if they can put there equipment and such there if the tower can support it. Tho I know where the tower locations are this is why Sprint plans on having 800 going on voice and LTE. From personal experience idk if it was testing or what but I was getting 800 Voice from a tower from 7 miles away (note this tower is not high and has a lot of different terrain to go through and I was getting -95 to -100 for a signal. If its open its very possible for it to travel 20-30 miles if not more, so once that is done with 800 it will help with coverage. All I can say is Lima does have 6 towers inside the limits of the city.

Sent from my LG G2

Toledo market has had a lot of sites added the past two years. Per capita, it has to be the most added of any Sprint market.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

i would like to think that sprint would also add equipment to this tower because myself on sprint and a friend on verizon both get about the same signal on both 3G and 1x.

though i dont understand why even verizon would choose to add a tower in this location because its not a deadzone despite the low signal and i have not dropped signal any where around the area in question on sprint. and i have never seen my friends verizon phone even outside of lima drop a signal.

Its just one of thos thing where you throw your hands up in the air and go  "why"

• 2 weeks later...

at this point i could care less about lte i just want 1x800 so i can make calls. i hooked up to a tower broadcasting 1x800 again but this time i was less than 1 mile from an un upgdaded sprint toweralmost line of sight. once sprint gets 1x800 on all sites verizons coverage will not even compare just due to the fact sprint has more sites due to 1900. just hope they get it done for lima beford the end of the year.

Edited by stuckinohio1

Well Verizon can add towers left and right cus of $$$ so that's why. Tho Sprint has money now too but why have a bunch of towers and in the long run cost more to operate when you can have fewer and cover more ground. Sprint should already have the RRUs for 1x800 already up and ready to go once its been 3G accepted which it has. It was a lot to do with public safety issues, now that is delt with its just Sprint getting out there to Intergrate (test and do we) with the towers. LTE 800 is a card that they need to put in there in order to have it work if im right, which at this point should also be put in place. Hard telling with Lima you guys are more likely to get LTE 800 than us in Toledo and area if the IBEZ deal is in effect for us. I understand your guys frustration Ryan and I had to deal with it for 3 months of nothing but dropped calls and no data, I my self had to go to TMOs just to get by. Things should looking better tho with this new CEO he sounds like he ant no joke.....heres to hoping by years end that things are good enough to deal with it to a satisfactory level.

• Like 1

i just want 1x800 for talk/text. thats sprints biggest problems out here in the country is lack of service. as far as i can tell 800 will completely cover all areas and even fill black hole spots where we would never get signal at before. at least as far as i can tell 800 mhz out here will be insane because its all flat. and i pick up 1x800 from towers over 11 miles away completely overpowering 1900mhz to the point where i was less than a mile from a tower broadcasting 1900 and my phone refused to switch from 800. my body is ready.

i just want 1x800 for talk/text. thats sprints biggest problems out here in the country is lack of service. as far as i can tell 800 will completely cover all areas and even fill black hole spots where we would never get signal at before. at least as far as i can tell 800 mhz out here will be insane because its all flat. and i pick up 1x800 from towers over 11 miles away completely overpowering 1900mhz to the point where i was less than a mile from a tower broadcasting 1900 and my phone refused to switch from 800. my body is ready.

800 on both sides will help with coverage and in building penetraten for sure. I agree with you 100% on that i drive around Toledo and go out toward the west like Defience and such and i have issues with coverage on LTE. 800 will Definitely take care of the coverage gaps. Next time you Happen to get 1x800 take a Screen shot of Signalcheck im interested to see where its coming from.
  • Like 1

Earlier this year when our 3G was bad in Toledo there was one tower broadcasting 1x800. I was able to get usable signal 10 miles away from the tower. The tower was active for about a week and then I have not connected to it again since (even forcing 1x800 checking).

@stuckinohio1:

Do you have signalcheck pro? There is a feature to export logs of connections (pro only?).

It will export on your phone to /root/signalcheck/(date)(cdma/lte)-sites.csv

Could you look through file and find the rows with a 1 in the second to last column and post the address in the last column (Tower address) or attach the file in a pm?

note: file may contain sensitive locations (i.e. home address in form of gps coordinates for safety you could delete everything before provider i.e. "Sprint")