Network Vision/LTE - Toledo Market (Toledo, Bowling Green, Findlay, Lima, Port Clition)

keelerman8042

Any more news about 4G in Lima, OH I'm only getting 3g now.

Ive been getting one bar of LTE for about the last 2 months every now and then. 

It will come on and stay up for about 5 minutes or so and then back to 3G. 

Not sure if this is some sort of testing phase or what?

• Like 1

Yea I been getting 4G on and off in certain spots at my house and I use sensorly each time it pops up but I have not seen 4G for the whole past week their testing seems weak the wait is torture I wonder how long it is for it to go live I went to Findlay OH just to play around with 4G that's how bad I want it lol but let the wait continue.

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 14 November 2011

I'm with pyroscott ^ ^

cept I want 12MP camera by then. 3MP front facing. and the bottom bezel could go as well! wink.png

Hopefully us lima folks will see some sorta progress I'm tired of using this slow data speed.

Yea I been getting 4G on and off in certain spots at my house and I use sensorly each time it pops up but I have not seen 4G for the whole past week their testing seems weak the wait is torture I wonder how long it is for it to go live I went to Findlay OH just to play around with 4G that's how bad I want it lol but let the wait continue.

Ive been getting one bar of LTE for about the last 2 months every now and then.

It will come on and stay up for about 5 minutes or so and then back to 3G.

Not sure if this is some sort of testing phase or what?

Theres a tower just south of fort shawnee, likely hood you guys are picking it up from there hence the weak to no signal

Sent from my LG G2

i asked my friend down there and they said the 3G is alot faster than it used to be a few months ago. they mentioned that they used to get less than 800Kbps and now they usually average 1.5Mbps even during the day. overall they are quite happy with the speed increase so i dont get how you guys are saying 3G is slow.

i asked my friend down there and they said the 3G is alot faster than it used to be a few months ago. they mentioned that they used to get less than 800Kbps and now they usually average 1.5Mbps even during the day. overall they are quite happy with the speed increase so i dont get how you guys are saying 3G is slow.

This just for anyone in general and you, in the Sponsor section there are maps of Sites with info on what has been accepted. When LTE is present that backhal is there which also will run off the 3G as well so speeds will be much better has well. The towers in Lima are all 3G accepted meaning that new equipment is up and ready to go, but does not necessarily mean tthat backhaul is there or if it is Sprint needs to integrate the sites before they accepted it as 4G hence why they may be experiencing slower speeds due to old backhaul.

Sent from my LG G2

• Like 1

So I have a iPhone 5C now when the towers are fully completed will I have 4g lte & 4g when I turn the lte switch off?

Idk how iphones exactally work with being able to switch from CDMA to LTE, but if you can switch it than if its CDMA only you will only 3G LTE or Global mode you will Get LTE Sprint does not have just a 4G network besides the dieing wimax if you want to consider that has 4G but we dont have any wimax sites besides two protection sites, one in Toledo and one other i think its findlay off hand.

Sent from my LG G2

So I have a iPhone 5C now when the towers are fully completed will I have 4g lte & 4g when I turn the lte switch off?

my sister has a 5C and it switches from 3G to LTE pretty quickly once a signal is picked up. funny thing is up here in cleveland the 3G speeds are also faster than they used to be at about 1.7Mbps but there is still better WiMax coverage than LTE. there is a place my mom likes to buy smokes and i was getting about 1.4Mbps down on 3G and she was getting like 10Mbps down on WiMax. i was so jelly of the speeds.

Theres a tower just south of fort shawnee, likely hood you guys are picking it up from there hence the weak to no signal

Sent from my LG G2

FYI.....I live literally 2 miles from the tower you are referring to. I have sat directly beside that tower and only have had one bar of LTE register on my phone. And it still goes in and out, so its not a constant signal yet. 

Download CellViz when I leave the house it shows a line between my phone and the tower im connected to and it shows how far the tower signal goes before your phone jumps to the next tower im at home on collett and n street im connected to a tower hidden behind st ritas not the ones on top of the building.

Download CellViz when I leave the house it shows a line between my phone and the tower im connected to and it shows how far the tower signal goes before your phone jumps to the next tower im at home on collett and n street im connected to a tower hidden behind st ritas not the ones on top of the building.

FYI the locations at least for legacy (not sure about all NV) were offset from the towers by a few blocks. The locations used on the sponsor maps are to the actual towers.

Also it seems that there is work going on in Toledo market. I have been all over this morning and it seems there is no data from any tower at the moment. My phone is also only getting 1x from Michigan right now.

• Like 1

FYI the locations at least for legacy (not sure about all NV) were offset from the towers by a few blocks. The locations used on the sponsor maps are to the actual towers.

Also it seems that there is work going on in Toledo market. I have been all over this morning and it seems there is no data from any tower at the moment. My phone is also only getting 1x from Michigan right now.

Ditto on that, Airport by chrissy where i work right next to the tower...roaming all the way home.

Sent from my LG G2

id give it day guys if its not fixed by tommrow id call Sprint and find out whats going on. Now that we are a launched market they should be able to tell us whats going on...one can only hope that we get a bunch more towers accepted.

Well im back online now

Edited by keelerman8042

Well my phone is on LTE again.

Guessing by the widespread area I would guess it was something to do with how the towers communicate with each other.

Side note ping seems lower than last week. I was getting 75 - 100 ms I am now at 50 - 60 ms.

Oh wow @manley7878 how long did the signal stay up? LTE is moving closer to the city!!

Its a COW haha :lol:.....no im not serious, but its still off the same tower as before trust me you guys will know when you got LTE in Lima theres 6 towers. If its in Open ( i mean BFE no trees just farm fields) that one tower in ft shawnee could reach 10 miles possibly but the likey hood of that is rare, but its possible.

Sent from my LG G2

• Like 1