Network Vision/LTE - Arkansas Market (Little Rock/Ft. Smith/NW Arkansas)

smj9

In recent days, I saw some activity (workers installing new cabinets) at a tower just off I-40 in Pope County, Arkansas; this afternoon, I drove by the tower and saw what appear to be new (Ericsson) NV cabinets installed alongside Sprint's old Nortel cabinets:

http://i.imgur.com/ZstTX.jpg

The new cabinets are behind the older, bulkier cabinets. Sorry about the angle of the photo.

It doesn't appear that work (antennas/RRUs) has started on the tower yet - I'll be watching for those changes.

Edited by smj9
  • Like 2

In recent days, I saw some activity (workers installing new cabinets) at a tower just off I-40 in Pope County, Arkansas; this afternoon, I drove by the tower and saw what appear to be new (Ericsson) NV cabinets installed alongside Sprint's old Nortel cabinets:

http://i.imgur.com/ZstTX.jpg

The new cabinets are behind the older, bulkier cabinets. Sorry about the angle of the photo.

It doesn't appear that work (antennas/RRUs) has started on the tower yet - I'll be watching for those changes.

Very possible. Keep your eyes out for panel work. Thanks for the photo and starting the thread.

Robert

I just uploaded the first 5 sites as In Progress in the Arkansas market over in the NV Sites Complete maps. They are in the Pine Bluff and El Dorado area. These sites are actually accepted as complete with 3G Network Vision upgrades and will appear in next week's update.

Robert

• Like 2

I just uploaded the first 5 sites as In Progress in the Arkansas market over in the NV Sites Complete maps. They are in the Pine Bluff and El Dorado area. These sites are actually accepted as complete with 3G Network Vision upgrades and will appear in next week's update.

Robert

Do you know when Little Rock will start to see some work? Any info would be nice. Also I wonder with this last snow storm we got if its going to cause any delays.

Do you know when Little Rock will start to see some work? Any info would be nice. Also I wonder with this last snow storm we got if its going to cause any delays.

Specifically? No. But probably in the next 30-60 days.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Looks like Sprint has started pulling permits in Arkansas (I'm not 100% sure that the ones pulled in January are Sprint's - there's no contractor/owner name listed; however, the costs match the Sprint permit from February):

se9TPoU.jpg

OBw1BX5.jpg

Edit: I checked both addresses from the January list in Google Maps Street View - both are cell sites. However, there is a possibility that they are AT&T's, as AT&T is building out its LTE network in the same area right now (I was actually trying to locate AT&T permits - most of those have been for $47,000).

5006 West Main: http://bit.ly/ZFcyLE

907 East 3rd: http://bit.ly/13rH4xJ

Edited by smj9
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Any update as far when Little Rock will start to see some LTE sites go live? Went to Memphis the other day and got use LTE for the first time. Now I know how it feels to be back on 3G after LTE and its like a slap in the face. lol

Any update as far when Little Rock will start to see some LTE sites go live? Went to Memphis the other day and got use LTE for the first time. Now I know how it feels to be back on 3G after LTE and its like a slap in the face. lol

I had some excellent LTE in Memphis a few months back,.... as far as when a site goes live nobody can tell for sure. Once it's been accepted for 3G I believe it could go live at any time...this could still take a while. But knowing that its close is semi-comforting. I can almost taste the LTE goodness now!

• 1 month later...

Just saw some guys up on the tower not far from my house.  Verizon is located at the top and AT&T is located at the bottom.  AT&T just installed new panels and RRUs at the bottom - I'm ready for AT&T LTE to be available!  Now, after seeing the work today, I'm wondering whether Sprint will switch on LTE first.

y5Ug64U.jpg

vmdPCrY.jpg

• Like 1

Arkansas appears to be in a position for rapid Lte deployment. 3G is complete across the state, its just a matter of installing 4G equipment on the site, which is the quickest piece of the puzzle.

Most of the Arkansas sites that have been accepted so far are GMO, which means they probably won't be seeing LTE soon. I don't believe the full build sites have begun yet. Once those start, you will see LTE popping up, but not likely from any of the sites that are already 3G accepted.

Sent from my HTC ONE

• Like 1

Most of the Arkansas sites that have been accepted so far are GMO, which means they probably won't be seeing LTE soon. I don't believe the full build sites have begun yet. Once those start, you will see LTE popping up, but not likely from any of the sites that are already 3G accepted.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Well, i retract my statement then.  Sorry Arkansas folks :blush:

• Like 1

Well, i retract my statement then.  Sorry Arkansas folks :blush:

A lot of the 3G you see across the south from Ericsson is GMOs. Apparently they're knocking them out of the way before they start on full builds. At least in markets that don't have any full builds yet (East&West Texas, Louisiana, Gulf Coast, Alabama [first full build this week I think], Mississippi, you get the point.) It's hard to tell the difference, so it is easy to get that confused with what AL is doing!

• Like 2

Ehh... should have looked at the pictures!

That's a full build Arkansas Sprint NV site! Looks like full build sites are underway in Arkansas, which means LTE is not too far away! It will be spotty at first (See St. Louis, Las Vegas) but will fill in over time.

• Like 1

I thought that video was showing a tower being upgraded in Jonesboro because that's a part of the Memphis market isn't it? But still has the LR****** (site ID). At least that's what I am thinking. Correct me if I'm wrong. But that's just my guess

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

There is a video that someone posted on this forum by tower crew personnel of a full build in Little Rock.

I'm pretty sure that was in Jonesboro, AR. Since it's a part of the Memphis market. Just has the LR in the site ID.
  • Like 1

There is a video that someone posted on this forum by tower crew personnel of a full build in Little Rock. 

I'm pretty sure that was in Jonesboro, AR. Since it's a part of the Memphis market. Just has the LR in the site ID.

Ok yeah the site your talking about is in Jonesboro, AR. I just found the link to the post http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3581-tower-install-video/?hl=%2Btower+%2Bvideo then I noted down the site # and then I went back to the NV sites complete map and  found that same site # and it was showing that 3G has been accepted. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought id mention that I noticed some 4G in between Benton and Bryant. Oh and im not sure if it was a sprint tower, but I saw someone working on a tower near I-430 in Little Rock. Some work is finally going on. And it looks like me and someone else mapped it on sensorly. Can't wait for whats coming..  :D  :D

Here is a speed test from Van Buren, AR that has an active LTE tower. I also used sensorly at the same time to track the signal as well.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

post-1027-13716075500534_thumb.jpg

• Like 1