Network Vision/LTE - Delaware market (including Wilmington, Dover, Laurel and Elkton MD)

cjinohio03

It's strange, and I don't understand it. I get very mixed results from the tower. It's definitely improved a lot, but I can get results that vary anywhere from .1 to over 1mb. I'm not sure if it varies so much due to traffic, or if the tower has different speed connection channels or something like that. 1 min it works great, and the next I can't even send a text, lol

It's strange, and I don't understand it. I get very mixed results from the tower. It's definitely improved a lot, but I can get results that vary anywhere from .1 to over 1mb. I'm not sure if it varies so much due to traffic, or if the tower has different speed connection channels or something like that. 1 min it works great, and the next I can't even send a text, lol

Sounds like classic tower overload to me.

I think I caught some of that lte too, but assumed I was picking it up from a different tower. And that overload leads me to think that the bachaul not fully complete. We got a problem if the tower can't handle local traffic right after its back hauled, lol

• 2 weeks later...

wow, i posted hear over a year ago regarding seaford, de getting 4G.. lol, we still dont have it, though some places nearby do. i now get between no service & 1 bar in my home in town, really a shame. I'm trying to stick with it, but its tough when everyone on verizon & at&t have had 4g for ages in this area. what is taking sprint so long? i understand the issue with backhaul.. but years in the making? also, does the signal being weaker than before, and overall less stable than it used to be mean that they are possibly working on something? going on 3rd 2-yr contract with 4g-capable phones without 4g in my area :( is there any new news since early 2014? thanks alot!

wow, i posted hear over a year ago regarding seaford, de getting 4G.. lol, we still dont have it, though some places nearby do. i now get between no service & 1 bar in my home in town, really a shame. I'm trying to stick with it, but its tough when everyone on verizon & at&t have had 4g for ages in this area. what is taking sprint so long? i understand the issue with backhaul.. but years in the making? also, does the signal being weaker than before, and overall less stable than it used to be mean that they are possibly working on something? going on 3rd 2-yr contract with 4g-capable phones without 4g in my area :( is there any new news since early 2014? thanks alot!

It has to be prioritized. VZW and ATT prioritized too. You are in a lower priority area. It's just that simple.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

• Like 1

VZW & ATT both prioritized this low priority area, years ago.. i do understand priority, yet we have multiple sprint stores selling sprint devices, yet the majority of our area has zero service with sprint, i've chosen to stay with sprint years ago even though the compeition is clearly better due to faith in the company to compete.. but its just not happening lol. there has to be more to it than just priority given the fact that other providers have excellent service here. they also officially said seaford, de market would get 4g during the network vision stuff..

I'm more just asking the community if they think seaford will actually get 4g, like within the next few months or year or whatnot.. im still waiting it out, it's just taken way more time than i would have expected in even a worst case scenario

VZW & ATT both prioritized this low priority area, years ago.. i do understand priority, yet we have multiple sprint stores selling sprint devices, yet the majority of our area has zero service with sprint, i've chosen to stay with sprint years ago even though the compeition is clearly better due to faith in the company to compete.. but its just not happening lol. there has to be more to it than just priority given the fact that other providers have excellent service here. they also officially said seaford, de market would get 4g during the network vision stuff..

I'm more just asking the community if they think seaford will actually get 4g, like within the next few months or year or whatnot.. im still waiting it out, it's just taken way more time than i would have expected in even a worst case scenario

Yes, they will get LTE.  There are schedules in the Premier Sponsor area that show info about sites in the Seaford area.

• Like 1

Found lot new band 41 sites in upper de. Poor data speeds at moment and low powered. Hopely last couple siteswill be done for band 25 ,then they will optimize all bands for spark launch. I found lot holes dropping 3g but believe 800 lte soon fill in gaps .

• Like 1

I doubt that was the red mill tower...that tower is pretty weak and disappointing right now. Hope they get more upgrades and tuning on it soon. No lte inside lowes half a mile away, and I clock between 2 and 6 mb right near the tower. Seems stronger facing Wilmington than newark. Tryptx..I feel your pain. Sprint only received the resources for the upgrades about a year ago, and like they said, they just prioritizing areas, and just takes time, but the upgrades have been regularly flowing. De has gone from something like 20% coverage to like 75% coverage with lte just in the last year. Hoping will be worthwhile in the end to have the unlimited data

Well I have had a Moto X now for 3 day's everywhere that Sprint say's It has 4g coverage in my part of Cecil county is bull crap, as I had suspected. In all area's that Sprint says service is 4g is totally false,everything west Maryland Delaware line in lower Cecil county is false no 4g... Maybe with a grid antenna an a amp,don't even think that would work. Moto X will be going back ASAP 03/20/15

what is you cross street and zip lol. come on bro , tower is being upgraded in your area any day now. nothing but 2g around your area . i map sensorly best coverage so far near chestertown or near elkton or perryville. perryville tower is gmo 1900mhz too.stop looking at sprint maps and look at s4gru maps.