Network Vision/LTE - Delaware market (including Wilmington, Dover, Laurel and Elkton MD)

cjinohio03

Sprint's coverage map for lower DE is definitely a bit optimistic right now!

It shows Milton has LTE. I couldn't even get 1xRTT outdoors in Milton at the Dogfish brewery. There just aren't enough sites.

It looks like someone was a little hasty coloring in the maps. Perhaps we will get an up-to-date NV Sites Complete map from Robert today or tomorrow to see if the new LTE sites are actually true.

On another note: Lewes and Bethany beach are so far from sites that the 1900Mhz bands are unusable at them. It will be odd if 1x800 and LTE800 are the only two frequencies available on the beach once the rollout is complete. Site placement seems to be a bit poor in DE, this state needs some money thrown at it for new sites.

Sprint's coverage map for lower DE is definitely a bit optimistic right now!

It shows Milton has LTE. I couldn't even get 1xRTT outdoors in Milton at the Dogfish brewery. There just aren't enough sites.

It looks like someone was a little hasty coloring in the maps. Perhaps we will get an up-to-date NV Sites Complete map from Robert today or tomorrow to see if the new LTE sites are actually true.

On another note: Lewes and Bethany beach are so far from sites that the 1900Mhz bands are unusable at them. It will be odd if 1x800 and LTE800 are the only two frequencies available on the beach once the rollout is complete. Site placement seems to be a bit poor in DE, this state needs some money thrown at it for new sites.

Very optimisic if you ask me. Milton's nearest tower is a GMO that I am fairly sure is not broadcasting LTE.... 

Lewes could be served well by Sprint adding a site at the water tower just north of US-9. Bethany Beach could use a few sites, iDEN conversions in the area could probably do it, maybe one new site on the north end along Rt 1 as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does this seem to happening all over north of the canal.

I have not yet seen any B41 equipment south of the canal in DE. Although I have seen it on some Eastern Shore sites south of the canal.

. Do this sites you have seen already have backhaul place and 4g already

No, they are still waiting on backhaul.

However I have not visually checked any of the live sites (in at least the last 90 days) yet to see if they have had b41 equipment installed.

Edited by cdk

Would that be the red mill/kirkwood tower? I hope so. They have had road construction in the area, and it's the last tower I'm aware of… there was an upgrade today, and I can't figure out where, so I'm guessing Wilmington somewhere. Any idea?

Would that be the red mill/kirkwood tower? I hope so. They have had road construction in the area, and it's the last tower I'm aware of… there was an upgrade today, and I can't figure out where, so I'm guessing Wilmington somewhere. Any idea?

looks like 3g nv upgrade on 202

• 2 weeks later...