Network Vision/LTE - Delaware market (including Wilmington, Dover, Laurel and Elkton MD)

cjinohio03

Ugh! I wish there was a way to force lte, or turn off just 3G, since my phone thinks a strong .1 3G signal is preferred to a "weak" 2mb lte signal. Can't get it to stay on lte for more than like 20 seconds, even though it's 2 bars strong

Ugh! I wish there was a way to force lte, or turn off just 3G, since my phone thinks a strong .1 3G signal is preferred to a "weak" 2mb lte signal. Can't get it to stay on lte for more than like 20 seconds, even though it's 2 bars strong

Not sure about the iPhones, I know you can do just that on many androids though...

I am suprised the 3G speed is that slow. Unless you are connecting to a closer tower that is still on legacy backhaul and the LTE signal is coming from another.... Then I am not at all suprised.

• Like 1

I am suprised the 3G speed is that slow. Unless you are connecting to a closer tower that is still on legacy backhaul and the LTE signal is coming from another.... Then I am not at all suprised.

I know that's what's happening. It's trying to connect to a closer non back hauled tower. iPhone only allows toggle of lte, not 3G. :(

Looks like they are laying lines on 273/ red mill/ ruthar. Hoping its sprint of course

They have been pulling fiber (I assume it wasn't power as there are already overhead lines there) along Sandtown Rd & Rt 12 near Felton. Since there isn't much else along there (and no one else is on the Sandtown tower) I am thinking it is for the Sprint towers In Felton and Sandtown (and possible out to the Goldsboro, MD site too). I have not actually seen them in action but every couple of days it seems to get closer to Sandtown (watching the freshly torn up and reseeded ground plus the end of the line sticking up).