Network Vision/LTE - Delaware market (including Wilmington, Dover, Laurel and Elkton MD)

cjinohio03

Hopefully there will be better signals by Christiana Mall, even though there's LTE already. I shop regularly at Costco and 3G data speeds are so slow inside. Not sure if it's the building but I've been at other Costco warehouses where LTE/3G was fine. I guess patience is the key lol

Hopefully there will be better signals by Christiana Mall, even though there's LTE already. I shop regularly at Costco and 3G data speeds are so slow inside. Not sure if it's the building but I've been at other Costco warehouses where LTE/3G was fine. I guess patience is the key lol

all towers lte are not close so signal weak going indoor will kill lte most time. I can get about 5 megs down inside mall .
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I might have possible witnessed 8T8R equipment being installed in the Dover area. It was too dark to confirm it when I passed by a second time, but I will know for sure tomorrow morning.

:frantic: :frantic:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is funny sprint adds 2 data speeds 2 the rising sun tower then takes it away then back again but still no lte , i do think it was gmo and now full build .

I see speint add one lte tower near ocean pines lol been over year since and backhaul was added in that area .

Or so you thought. If it has been a year, then it didn't receive the backhaul upgrade you thought it did. Either the backhaul was for another provider, or you only saw them install the conduit for a future fiber pull, or they only did the work near the tower and the fiber connecting to the main line was held up for some reason (like permitting, easements, etc.).

Sites that have NV upgrades already accepted and backhaul in place typically only sit around a few weeks waiting for OEM Integration teams to arrive and fire things up.

The only caveat I would add is there have been instances where the integration team does show up and they can't integrate LTE because of an install error or backhaul problem. When that happens, the OEM reports the site and it sits in limbo until a Tiger team comes out and fixes the install problem or the backhaul provider fixes the issue. And sometimes that can take months depending on the issue. And once it's resolved, the integration team will come back out and integrate the site for LTE.

If it's been over a year, than I am all but certain that backhaul was not actually live to Sprint back then. And only recently has gone live.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

This is funny sprint adds 2 data speeds 2 the rising sun tower then takes it away then back again but still no lte , i do think it was gmo and now full build .

It was a gmo a month or so ago.

They are starting to work on my local (water) tower again. I am not sure if they are finally removing the old Nextel equipment, or adding something new! I should have a much better idea by tomorrow afternoon...

Band 26 not staying conected. Trying get my wifes s5 like prying candy from small child , guess i got wait for note 4 or what ever im getting that has tri band. Single band blows these days .

So is Delaware officially LTE now? Sorry i didn't read whole thread but I am in town from Ohio. I haven't seen it yet in Hockessin/Newark area. The 3g is pretty quick though. I am heading to the beach soon will check that out.