Network Vision/LTE - Oregon/SW Washington (including Portland/Vancouver/Salem/Eugene/Medford)

JediFusion

Just noticed a massive 3g speed increase in Canby,OR. Went from .3 to 1.8 down just since Friday evening. Any word on when the towers here in this area are being upgraded or if there is work being performed. I can't even locate to towers to go check them out for myself. I believe there is 2 towers here and I have never gotten good speeds however it was very noticeable Friday evening to the point I had to run a speed test. Everything has been upgraded to hrpd if that makes any difference.

Thanks

James

New to the site. Couple questions.

On Sensorly it shows LTE blips around 217/26 and Tualatin area. Are these reports confirmed LTE connections or is it possible they are phantom signals?

Why is it that sites being accepted cannot be public info? Is this S4GRU policy or something to do with Sprint?

How does S4GRU get a hold of these reports of new NV sites being accepted? (I haven't actually seen that these look like.)

Other then that, saw 3G speeds above 1 MB/s for the first time in Sherwood today! Too bad I don't live or work there. Last speed test I did at my work in Beaverton was .02 Download.

Picked up a 4G signal today in between the Sherwood KFC and the BofA. I was at the light heading eastbound on Tualatin Sherwood road. It didn't last very long though. I would say just about up to Oregon St.

Just noticed a massive 3g speed increase in Canby,OR. Went from .3 to 1.8 down just since Friday evening. Any word on when the towers here in this area are being upgraded or if there is work being performed. I can't even locate to towers to go check them out for myself. I believe there is 2 towers here and I have never gotten good speeds however it was very noticeable Friday evening to the point I had to run a speed test. Everything has been upgraded to hrpd if that makes any difference.

Thanks

James

Canby is a dead zone for me. Service absolutely sucks. I don't know where, but near the panda express it's crappy

Canby is a dead zone for me. Service absolutely sucks. I don't know where, but near the panda express it's crappy

I am up by the 7-11 and my speeds have greatly increased and they seem to get better ever day now

James

Thanks

James

Work is being performed all over the market. The order is primarily dictated by the availability of backhaul, as sites where backhaul is ready receive NV upgrades first. The 3G speed increase you are seeing is a very good sign. Sounds to me like the backhaul vendors may have finished, paving the way for the upgrades to proceed.

eHRPD isn't as good of a sign as the enhanced 3G speeds, as it is basically the same as 3G EVDO-A. Many markets have seen eHRPD well before any LTE signal has appeared. More on eHRPD here.

I highly recommend becoming a Sponsor, as doing so will give you access to info we can't post in this public thread, such as a map with all towers in the Oregon/SW Washington market and discussion (and pics!) from those of us who are visiting sites and mapping on Sensorly.

New to the site. Couple questions.

On Sensorly it shows LTE blips around 217/26 and Tualatin area. Are these reports confirmed LTE connections or is it possible they are phantom signals?

First off, :welc:

I'm the one who mapped the Sensorly blips on 26/217. Each time, I was connected to LTE according to a the signal apps I use and my phone's LTE Engineering screen. The problem with these signals is that they are very weak (probably from a site fairly far away). We haven't nailed down which tower(s) those signals are coming from, as many sites in the area are being worked on. Tualatin has a site that was accepted by Sprint as 4G complete and is currently broadcasting LTE.

EDIT: Just realized that I goofed...the accepted site is in Tigard (off Durham Rd.), not Tualatin.

Why is it that sites being accepted cannot be public info? Is this S4GRU policy or something to do with Sprint?

This is an S4GRU policy. This site is not affiliated with Sprint in any way.

How does S4GRU get a hold of these reports of new NV sites being accepted? (I haven't actually seen that these look like.)

Can't say much on this, except that the data comes directly from Sprint (which is about all I know anyway) and is highly accurate. I do recommend becoming a Sponsor, as there is a ton more information available in the Sponsor section.

Edited by PDXmike

I for one won't pay a 100$ to be a sponsor on any site that does not put profit back into my pocket especially since the info will be posted somewhere within a matter of days.

James

That's nice. Donations are used to keep the site running and not a payment for services. $100 in donations is just for the Premier Sponsorship level. Any donation amount provides standard Sponsor status for 6 months.

Most of the information in the Sponsor section and Premier Sponsor section is not available publicly anywhere and never will. I suppose complete LTE site info eventually finds its way to public forums or Sensorly. However, the ability to know where each site is right away when they are inspected and the ability to know about many of the sites In Progress are invaluable.

Also, our information comes direct from Sprint sources, and not a post from some pimple faced 15 year old who says he saw LTE appear briefly on his iPhone in suburban Omaha. Of course, the choice of what to do with your money is yours.

S4GRU is a site by wireless enthusiasts who track Network Vision deployment. If sponsorship is not for you, it's OK. We have public content for those who just want to peruse those sections. Thanks for stopping by.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

That's nice. Donations are used to keep the site running and not a payment for services. $100 in donations is just for the Premier Sponsorship level. Any donation amount provides standard Sponsor status for 6 months.

Most of the information in the Sponsor section and Premier Sponsor section is not available publicly anywhere and never will. I suppose complete LTE site info eventually finds its way to public forums or Sensorly. However, the ability to know where each site is right away when they are inspected and the ability to know about many of the sites In Progress are invaluable.

Also, our information comes direct from Sprint sources, and not a post from some pimple faced 15 year old who says he saw LTE appear briefly on his iPhone in suburban Omaha. Of course, the choice of what to do with your money is yours.

S4GRU is a site by wireless enthusiasts who track Network Vision deployment. If sponsorship is not for you, it's OK. We have public content for those who just want to peruse those sections. Thanks for stopping by.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Making a donation is OK. When I read the sponsorship info it stated 100$ which is a lot. Might want to make it a bit more clear in your sponsorship information.

James

Making a donation is OK. When I read the sponsorship info it stated 100$ which is a lot. Might want to make it a bit more clear in your sponsorship information.

James

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

In my mind it is clear. If you have any suggestions on how to phrase it, I'm open to it. It is definitely something we need to be clear.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

http://s4gru.com/ind...come-a-sponsor/

S4GRU Sponsor.For members who donate money through PayPal to S4GRU to help fund the costs of Sprint 4G Rollout Updates, you get the S4GRU Sponsor title for six months from your last donation. Once you donate $100 or more in total, you get the title forever and upgraded to Premier Sponsor.

Seems pretty clear to me. This has to be the first time I've seen anyone say anything about it. ;)

James

$100 gets you the Premier sponsor content. But, if I read it right, you can make smaller donations, until they accumulate $100. Each donation gets you gets you 6 months if Sponsor level content. And, once you accrue $100, you get that content for life.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 503ducati

I can confirm the LTE tower near SW 87TH AVE CANYON ROAD is active as of 2/20/2012. Smokin' fast. Hwy 26 is a dead zone from 217 into the tunnel. Check the screenshot.

I wonder if Sprint will be co-locating with Clearwire? Back in 2009 - 2010 Clearwire added more sites through there, traveling eastbound you can see them on the right starting at the Sylvan Exit all the way down to the tunnel.

28ugz4.png

Yeah that is an interesting thought. I know they have been working on "some" tower at the bottom of HWY 26 near the tunnel for months, but I can't confirm if it is Sprint tower. I am on the edge of 217/26 around cedar hills and the 4G Clearwire coverage always sucked for me. Maybe one bar outside. Let's hope they move them to LTE.

I was out shopping at Albertson's (around 185th and Farmington) in the Aloha area. Noticed my 4G indicator come on. That was an unexpected surprise. Just checkled Sensorly. It says that Sprint is working its way down from Tanasbourne to along 185th and TV hwy, Aloha HS, Mt View middle school area.

Didn't do a speed test.

Edited by linhpham2

Picked up an LTE signal on the way home from work today in Hillsboro. Ran a couple speedtests but didn't take any screenshots. Best speeds I saw were 25down 4up. I was at Cornelius Pass and 26. I could get signal all the way down cornell from the hillsboro airport as well.

Edited by foornath

So is Olympia considered part of SW WA under NV? Those of us who live in West WA consider it part of the Puget Sound/West WA. Centralia/south of Tumwater (Olympia area) is more commonly known as the beginning of SW WA. Just asking, want to know where I should look for info on that area.

Edited by RP88

On another note, I see Longview is starting to appear on Sensorly. Down in Oregon (also of interest to me) I see Albany is getting some NV 4G Love now, any word on Corvallis?