Network Vision/LTE - Oregon/SW Washington (including Portland/Vancouver/Salem/Eugene/Medford)

JediFusion

20 hours ago, chamb said:

Are you hitting band 26 on these sites?  For some reason, T-Mobile is keeping band 26 alive on just a few sites. Maybe to keep the license active????

Different market, but I have seen B26 on a couple of keep sites between Omaha and Kansas City. The towers have T-Mobile equipment installed, but no signal yet for nearly a year. They left the Sprint equipment installed and running for some reason.

3 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Different market, but I have seen B26 on a couple of keep sites between Omaha and Kansas City. The towers have T-Mobile equipment installed, but no signal yet for nearly a year. They left the Sprint equipment installed and running for some reason.

The one I have close to home is a Sprint keep site that was stripped and has new TM equipment installed.

It is broadcasting the standard TM bands and also band 26. Located in Upton, Pa.  Low population around the site.

It makes no sense to me.   All the nearby sites are fully upgraded with TM equipment and in service.

59 minutes ago, chamb said:

The one I have close to home is a Sprint keep site that was stripped and has new TM equipment installed.

It is broadcasting the standard TM bands and also band 26. Located in Upton, Pa.  Low population around the site.

That is pretty odd. We did have one keep site here that when the Sprint equipment was stripped off, they kept one Sprint RRU per sector (was common when they kept Sprint B25 on air on the keep sites) but they maybe accidentally? put the B26 RRU up instead of the B25 one. But I only ever saw one site with that configuration.

As best I can tell, the site chamb is referring to is using all new gear.  The GCI pattern is the same as the 600/700 values on that site.

I've got one just like it down in Buckingham County, VA, a site that had T-Mobile on it prior to the merger.  Same story, the GCI pattern is that of the 600/700 T-Mobile gear and not that of the retired Shentel gear.

https://imgur.com/a/gm5qTaa

They may be doing it to make sure the licenses remain valid pending sale.

- Trip

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Trip said:

As best I can tell, the site chamb is referring to is using all new gear.  The GCI pattern is the same as the 600/700 values on that site.

I've got one just like it down in Buckingham County, VA, a site that had T-Mobile on it prior to the merger.  Same story, the GCI pattern is that of the 600/700 T-Mobile gear and not that of the retired Shentel gear.

https://imgur.com/a/gm5qTaa

They may be doing it to make sure the licenses remain valid pending sale.

- Trip

That actually would make a lot of sense! Oly reason I have seen that does make sense.