Upgrading Device and Discounts

owensri2

I've got a question that I've been thinking about for a bit now.

I'm interested in getting a Samsung Galaxy Note II to mess around with, but I used my discount on my line back in August when the Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE came out. We have 5 devices on our account, 2 that are eligible for a 2-year agreement discount. One is a basic phone, and the other is an EVO 4G. If I were to agree to another 2 years on the EVO 4G line (my dad's phone that he just got from my mom, was her old one, so he'll never upgrade), would it be possible to buy it with the 2 year agreement on his line, and then activate it on mine?

Thanks in advance!

I've got a question that I've been thinking about for a bit now.

I'm interested in getting a Samsung Galaxy Note II to mess around with, but I used my discount on my line back in August when the Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE came out. We have 5 devices on our account, 2 that are eligible for a 2-year agreement discount. One is a basic phone, and the other is an EVO 4G. If I were to agree to another 2 years on the EVO 4G line (my dad's phone that he just got from my mom, was her old one, so he'll never upgrade), would it be possible to buy it with the 2 year agreement on his line, and then activate it on mine?

Thanks in advance!

Yes. I do this all the time. I have 4 lines. But I keep all the upgrades to myself. I'm greedy that way.

Robert

• Like 1

Yes. I do this all the time. I have 4 lines. But I keep all the upgrades to myself. I'm greedy that way.

Robert

Awesome! I may just go to the Sprint Store and do this then. Also, If I decide to return it within the 2 week window (highly unlikely), would the discount re-appear on his line?

• Like 1

Yes you go in and tell them to upgrade that line and then move it to the line u want. If they say no then tell them to f off and to do the following.

1 upgrade line.

2 call NSS aka national sales support

3 tell NSS to move device from ptn 1 to ptn 2

4 have NSS put the previous equipment on ptn 1.

5 . .

6 Profit

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Edited by S4GRU
Removed profanity to comply with posting guidelines
  • Like 1

Awesome! I may just go to the Sprint Store and do this then. Also, If I decide to return it withing the 2 week window (highly unlikely), would the discount re-appear on his line?

Yes. The upgrade gets taken from and reapplied to the line in question. However, the device itself can be activated on any line.

Robert

When it comes to phone upgrades, this is the sound of Robert in the Herron household:

;)

AJ

• Like 3

Oh, one more thing...

Will there be an activation fee?

Yes. You will still pay $36 every time you activate a phone that has never been activated on your account before, whether new or used.

Robert

Yes. You will still pay $36 every time you activate a phone that has never been activated on your account before, whether new or used.

Robert

Got it! However, I may not get charged one, because of the account we have. (No idea what makes it special), but when I got my Photon Q, they said that to me and I wasn't charged. :tu:

Robert

How accurate is that Information? I've activated many used devices on my account that were never used on my account, No 36$ fee at all. I normally wait to buy new devices used once they've dropped since its cheaper. :)

"You can't trust freedom when its not in your hands. when everyone is fighting for the promised land."

Robert

That's true? I didn't know that. I've never paid an activation fee, even when I've added a couple of phones that I didn't buy through Sprint (GS3, borrowed phone).

• Like 1

Sorry. You pay the $36 activation fee if the phone has never been activated before. Not, ever been activated before on your account. My mistake.

Robert

• Like 2

Sorry. You pay the $36 activation fee if the phone has never been activated before. Not, ever been activated before on your account. My mistake.

Robert

Ahh. So if you buy new off eBay, you pay, but if you buy used off eBay, you don't? Interesting.

I guess the wave the fees when you sign up/upgrade.

Got it! However, I may not get charged one, because of the account we have. (No idea what makes it special), but when I got my Photon Q, they said that to me and I wasn't charged. :tu:

Do you bank at a credit union? That discount will waive all activation and upgrade fees.

There are few others that waive it but credit union member is the most common.

Do you bank at a credit union? That discount will waive all activation and upgrade fees.

There are few others that waive it but credit union member is the most common.

Sorry for hijacking but this question is slightly related.

If one has a cooporate discount already applied to there account, can they also apply a credit union discount?

Sorry for hijacking but this question is slightly related.

If one has a cooporate discount already applied to there account, can they also apply a credit union discount?

You are only allowed one discount. So if your current one is more than 10% you need to weigh your options and see which will save you more money in the long run. If its only 10% then yea I'd switch to a credit union member discount over any other 10% discount.

Just went out and picked up the Galaxy Note II! I LOVE it! The battery is supposed to be really good, and I'm looking forward to that. The Photon Q's battery is very subpar. I'm kinda disappointed in it. :(

• Like 1