Early Upgrade for Black Friday?

SpenceSouth

So I am due for an upgrade December 1st, but I really want to snag a good deal on the EVO LTE when it goes on sale for Black Friday. Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade 8 days early like that, since Black Friday falls on the 23rd? I wouldn't mind waiting for the upgrade, per-say, it's just the deal that makes me want to get it early.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Recommendations?

So I am due for an upgrade December 1st, but I really want to snag a good deal on the EVO LTE when it goes on sale for Black Friday. Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade 8 days early like that, since Black Friday falls on the 23rd? I wouldn't mind waiting for the upgrade, per-say, it's just the deal that makes me want to get it early.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Recommendations?

That close to your upgrade date they might move it, but they may make you go to a corporate store to redeem it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

That close to your upgrade date they might move it, but they may make you go to a corporate store to redeem it.

I'm hoping because it's close that I won't have a problem, but I really wanna upgrade at Best Buy or Amazon where I'll actually save money from upgrading there. I think it's still like $150 at the Sprint Stores and I don't think it will go down too much for Black Friday :(

I'm hoping because it's close that I won't have a problem' date=' but I really wanna upgrade at Best Buy or Amazon where I'll actually save money from upgrading there. I think it's still like 150 at the Sprint Stores and I don't think it will go down too much for Black Friday :([/quote']

The Evo LTE is going for about $200 on craigslist here. I would personally buy a used one and save the upgrade at those prices, instead of burning the upgrade.

Considering getting the evo lte too. Even with its issues. If it gives me problems I'm gonna complain to sprint and then they'll have too let me switch to something similar like the Optimus g or Gs3.

They aren't going to swap out your phone just because you complain...

I'm hoping because it's close that I won't have a problem, but I really wanna upgrade at Best Buy or Amazon where I'll actually save money from upgrading there. I think it's still like $150 at the Sprint Stores and I don't think it will go down too much for Black Friday :(

On Black Friday GSIII will be $49.95 at Sprint, $48 at BB, $49.95 at Radio Shack and maybe 96 cents at Sam's Club.

I've had no trouble getting Sprint to bump me 1-2 weeks before. Last year I had to go to a Sprint franchise store to get it bumped up a month. Oddly the Corp store couldn't do it and sent me there where I had no problem getting it done..

I've had no trouble getting Sprint to bump me 1-2 weeks before. Last year I had to go to a Sprint franchise store to get it bumped up a month. Oddly the Corp store couldn't do it and sent me there where I had no problem getting it done..

Sprint wouldn't do this for me because they "removed this option to enhance the customer experience." They used to always give me my upgrade two weeks early but no go since they made that change last year.

The only way they will move it is if you have an early upgrade offer. Which for 18-21 months in contract (which is where you are at if you are due Dec 1) is $50 and you have to trade in your old device.

I did one today where after trading in an evo 4g it cosy $12 to move some ones upgrade up from Feb 1st.

That 2 week free bump disappeared last spring. Used to take a 2 min call into sales supported to bump it up. I have not seen some one successfully move it up since then. In fact they sent out information telling us to no longer even attempt calling about it

That 2 week free bump disappeared last spring. Used to take a 2 min call into sales supported to bump it up. I have not seen some one successfully move it up since then. In fact they sent out information telling us to no longer even attempt calling about it

My last bump was December 2011. I had to do it in person at a franchise store. Has anyone tried the franchise stores lately?

Maybe they just don't want people up upgrade super cheap on every other black Friday? Nahh people wouldn't take advantage of them like that.

I thought I read something about being able to buy out the rest of your contract somewhere. I'll never be able to find it.

They bumped me up by a week when I told them I was going to reup two of my lines and that I would be out of town on the day of my upgrade. I called in to CS. That way I had the option of going anywhere since the system showed me to be eligable.

Sent from my Note Deuce using Tap-uh-talk

• Like 1