Converted(iDen to CDMA) site Los Angeles,CA

Robert, Here you have some pictures of the converted(iDen to CDMA) site in the neighborhood of South Central, Los Angeles, CA. It looks identical to the picture I saw on google maps, same panels. Maybe the changed the ground base or...dunno. Take a look at it

http://s1144.beta.photobucket.com/user/raycitocubanito/library/iDen%20site%20LA/iDen%20site%20LA?

The panels are different and there are less of them on each sector. But I do not see any RRU's. But approx. 5% of sites will not get RRU's if the structure cannot support them. I'm not sure what to make of this. Thanks for the photos.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

The panels are different and there are less of them on each sector. But I do not see any RRU's. But approx. 5% of sites will not get RRU's if the structure cannot support them. I'm not sure what to make of this. Thanks for the photos.

Interesting - think that the wood pool doesn't support any additional weight/structural mass on it?

yup.there is not any RRU at all and the panels are not NV..Your welcome Robert

Interesting - think that the wood pool doesn't support any additional weight/structural mass on it?

yup.its a pretty simple wood pool

yup.its a pretty simple wood pool

Is this in Inglewood? Because in South Central, "The Wood" means Inglewood.

;)

AJ

This maybe what I'm seeing here in Florida I have come across a few sites that are marked to have NV/LTE done but it's not a Sprint site its a Nextel site

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Except the sites you're seeing are actually upgraded to NV, no?

This maybe what I'm seeing here in Florida I have come across a few sites that are marked to have NV/LTE done but it's not a Sprint site its a Nextel site

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

What? All sites to date in our updates have come from our existing CDMA sites database. This is the first one that was previously a Nextel only site. I had to move it from Nextel database to the NV database.

uploadfromtaptalk1352334671402.jpg

This is the old iDEN site photo from Google Maps. There were four panels per sector and these are definitely different panels. This site has definitely been upgraded.

RayLuis, did you run any performance testing while there or cycle to try to get LTE?

On another note, sites that do not get RRU's also will not get 800 deployments. No CDMA 800 nor LTE 800.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

What? All sites to date in our updates have come from our existing CDMA sites database. This is the first one that was previously a Nextel only site. I had to move it from Nextel database to the NV database.

I'm not saying that the info is wrong

I'm not saying that the info is wrong

Which sites have we reported are upgraded in Florida that used to be Nextel only sites?

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

post-1-13523346731969_thumb.jpg

Yeah Robert..speeds were close to 1Mbps down and between 1 and 1.10 Mbps up.The Pings were high thought...almost 500ms

This is the old iDEN site photo from Google Maps. There were four panels per sector and these are definitely different panels. This site has definitely been upgraded.

RayLuis, did you run any performance testing while there or cycle to try to get LTE?

On another note, sites that do not get RRU's also will not get 800 deployments. No CDMA 800 nor LTE 800.

uploadfromtaptalk1352334671402.jpg

Ah, good find! Is it possible these sites were converted using legacy hardware? It certainly looks like legacy panels rather than NV ones in the pics which were posted of the tower now.

Ah' date=' good find! Is it possible these sites were converted using legacy hardware? It certainly looks like legacy panels rather than NV ones in the pics which were posted of the tower now.[/quote']

They look brand new white and curved, unlike any legacy panels I've ever seen. Its possible that panels with ground based radios are a little different than RRU panels. They may not be able to handle as many carriers. That might be why there are three panels in a sector. Most NV sites have one NV panel per sector.

Regardless the answer' date=' I'm glad a Nextel site got converted. Is this in a gap in coverage? Or was this picked to add capacity?[/quote']

The nearest site is not but 12 blocks away. Probably for capacity.