So this is strange...

newboyx

Sprint has said they aren't releasing anymore WiMax devices. And why isn't it referenced as an Epic 4G Touch? I wouldn't hold my breath. Why, indeed.

Robert via LG Viper with ICS using Forum Runner

Didnt sprint say no new wimax devices? Or maybe since it is only a new color then its not a new device?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Sprint has said they aren't releasing anymore WiMax devices. And why isn't it referenced as an Epic 4G Touch? I wouldn't hold my breath. Why, indeed.

The naming convention makes sense with samsung wanting a stronger brand for the galaxy line. The price cards in stores now show only galacy s 2 and not epic 4g touch

• Like 1

The naming convention makes sense with samsung wanting a stronger brand for the galaxy line. The price cards in stores now show only galacy s 2 and not epic 4g touch

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Maybe if it has been swapped with a LTE chip...but I'm just not buying that one unless maybe it was free phone with Wimax disabled. It's already confusing enough with the two 4G's, then to sell them a phone that will not get 4G in the new areas.

• 3 weeks later...

The S2 series is still being released on a number of smaller carriers as new devices. This is just a color refresh, most likely a rebranding of older unsold inventory to generate additional sales. It's what I'd do if I had a ton of unsold new inventory that wasn't going anymore. Discount the price, release a new color and make some profit off of that unused inventory.