Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

Nice "sales" pitch - can we please keep it "short" and on subject!  Thank you.

Sorry, but you don't get to decide who posts what. Nothing he posted was against site rules, nor was it truly off topic. It was simply an introduction. If something is against the rules, one of the Staff will take care of it. If you think the staff missed something, please use the report button rather than calling someone out.

Thank you.

• Like 2

That's one of the two you reported Tuesday. Site 06E011, sector 01

I was very close to the Atlantic Ave site and I was getting great signal strength on signal check app. I was wondering if it was broadcasting already.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I was very close to the Atlantic Ave site and I was getting great signal strength on signal check app. I was wondering if it was broadcasting already.

I see what you mean on sensorly... but none the less you reported that ID tuesday. I'd do a closer inspection of both sites.

I see what you mean on sensorly... but none the less you reported that ID tuesday. I'd do a closer inspection of both sites.

Yeah, I was mapping that earlier today before I sent you the picture

Hey guys,

Quick intro: been watching this thread for a minute, but never really had anything to contribute until now. I live in midtown (Tucson) but drive all over the city. Electrical engineer, total nerd :-P

And now to the contribution... I was at Reid Park yesterday & got limited 4G (2Mpbs DL). Mapped it on Sensorly so it should be up by now.

Thanks to all ppl who have shared their 4G experiences on here...let's hope the love keeps coming!

Eliz,

Thank you for your contribution, but please be careful mapping with Sensorly using your Galaxy Nexus. It's got a bug where when the signal starts to fade out it will suddenly pretend it has really strong signal where it has almost none, and map it as such. This can be seen where you were eastbound on 22nd and your signal cut out at Alvernon. It's so noticable that when I glanced at sensorly this morning my first thought was "Aww crap, someone's mapping with a Gnex".

Even without sensorly you can still make significant contributions by getting LTE engineering screen shots and the locations they came from which we can use to determine if the signal you're getting is from an existing tower or a new one.

TechSmurf, can you check this engineering screen. I think another tower is up in Yuma.. Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

We can only hope...... The 2 (?) currently up are hit and miss in the daytime unless your very close to them.

Yes, I'm getting spoiled with the LTE tease, I want more......

Hypeo; Thanks for keeping an eye out for new towers.

Lateck,

We can only hope...... The 2 (?) currently up are hit and miss in the daytime unless your very close to them.

Yes, I'm getting spoiled with the LTE tease, I want more......

Hypeo; Thanks for keeping an eye out for new towers.

Lateck,

It's not 2 up, it's 4 up so far

It's not 2 up, it's 4 up so far

Really? I guess I have to get out more..... I personally have not noticed any improvement but I stick to the same roads alot.

Again, thanks.

Lateck,