Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

The only ones we know have backhaul are the ones broadcasting lte. The rest...?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Im not talking about backhaul, im talking about century link. They were still building out their own fiber network and i thought that was why it was taking so long to get the sites hooked up. But now that we have 8 or so they have to be feeding somewhere right? So what my thought process is that now that they have some towers broadcasting 4g and that have a decent speed that they should have some sort of network built out in tucson. Not just a little here and there...

Guess i just thought this process was going to be just a bit faster, maybe a tower or 2 a week..

Serving Cell 82 could be new, could be Cardinal/Valencia... nobody ever got samsung LTE engineering for that site, and your RSRP suggests *very* fringe signal. Sensorly doesn't suggest anything interesting yet. Go hunt it down, post again when you've got an RSRP under 90.

They aren't even installing 800mhz radios here, so nfc what's up with that.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

His profile says he has a Moto X and I believe that that particular phone has displayed band 26, when it was clearly connected to Band 25.

His profile says he has a Moto X and I believe that that particular phone has displayed band 26, when it was clearly connected to Band 25.

Right.  The Sprint variant Motorola X engineering screen does not report LTE band correctly.  But it does report EARFCN correctly, and the displayed values are spot on for the 5 MHz FDD carrier in the PCS G block.  Nothing exceptional.

AJ

• Like 1

Funny story. As I walked out of work yesterday and sat down in my car and went to load up sensorly and unlock engineering and everything, I got quite a shock... I already had LTE! Shoulda seen the look on my face...

Haha I was up at a friends place few days ago on river and Campbell. Even inside of the apartment complex I had a very strong 4G signal. I feel like the days of annoying slow service are soon to be over :)