Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

I just lit sensorly like a xmas tree.

Speed tests showed horrendous pings... not sure if that's sensorly's fault.

Had signal north on 1st till about Roger, west on Grant till about 1/4 mile short of Oracle. No tech parked at the tower, might be on for good.

I never use Sensorly for Speedtests. It almost always shows poor results when I know the network is working much better. Speedtest.net app generally shows more realistic results, though it sometimes does bug out too.

• Like 2

It'll pop on for a second then I loose signal and it goes back to 3g. Did get enough to sensorly a little bit though...good stuff.

Judging by the color of that sensorly dot you're way out on the fringe of whatever's going on.

FINALLY!!!!! 4G LTE is in Tucson. I moved away, and then it pops up when I visit a week later. Wtf haha... Anyways I got it downtown by Congress & I10 and then Pima Comm. at Stone & Speedway and also here at Speedway and Campbell... Sensorly isn't working for me so I can't update the mapping....... Someone drive around and do it for us :)

Definitely not fringe from 1st/Glenn. Sweet deal, the crew left one tower and moved on to another!!! :D

Just went on a trip around the area... Followed the signal to the tower on 1st/Glenn. Amazing signal there. No one at the site, all locked up, but very strong signal. Speeds weren't great though yet. Ignore the signal levels in the status bar in the speed test screenshots, I waited until I was home for them.

SignalCheck raw data near the base of the site:

Jk9zdVM.png

4G speedtest:

nU5G2Xk.png

3G speedtest after I lost signal at exactly 1:35pm:

ItShNt0.png

And a bonus, the signal I picked up at 1st/River from the 1st/Glenn tower (signal level -115dBm):

SLBe7JE.png

I got a total of about 700 points of 4G data for Sensorly (900 for 3G). I have it on WiFi and plugged in now to upload to the servers.

I've had 4G LTE for a good hour near the UA area where I live.

I drove from Euclid/University to 1st/Roger and had consistent 10mbps download speeds and didn't lose signal at all (I still have LTE as I type).

Any how I mapped everything I could on Sensorly and plan on going near Silverbell/Grant where a friend said he picked it up as well.

post-27853-0-26355700-1383867760_thumb.jpg

post-27853-0-16052800-1383867779_thumb.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• T-Mobile has saved its 28Mhz mmWave licenses by using the point to point method to do environment monitoring inside its cabinets. The attachment below shows the antennas used: https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/ApplicationSearch/applAdmin.jsp;JSESSIONID_APPSEARCH=LxvbnJuvusmIklPhKy6gVK7f9uwylrZ8LiNf3BqIKlDp3_5GxoBr!300973589!225089709?applID=14787154#   Here are the sites for Franklin county OH: https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/attachments/attachmentViewRD.jsp?applType=search&fileKey=66518254&attachmentKey=21989782&attachmentInd=applAttach
    • Yep, there is a label on the side of the box but it doesn't provide any useful info that the city doesn't already provide (Crown Castle Solutions is the franchisee). You can see my graphical interpretation of the city's dataset here.
    • T-Mobile UScellular agreement links from SEC filings: https://www.sec.gov/ix?doc=/Archives/edgar/data/821130/000110465924065665/tm2415626d2_8k.htm Look inside for main link. Credit mdav-dos1 on reddit
    • Totally agree.  In my county and surrounding counties, TM did not place n-41 on every site.  When I look at the sites in question, I probably would have not placed it there either.  I can find just a few with n-71 only and in most of those cases if you live there and know the probable usage of the residents, you would not do a full upgrade on those sites.  One site in particular is set up to force feed n-71 through a long tunnel on the Turnpike.  No stopping allowed in the tunnel. No stores, movie theaters, bathrooms, so n41 would be a waste.    n25 is not really needed either, so it is not there.  The tunnel is going through & under a mountain with more black bears than people.  TM was smart.  Get good coverage in the tunnel but do not waste many many thousands of dollars with extra unused spectrum. I also see sites with only n71 & n25.  Again this makes sense to me.  Depending on what county we are talking about, they moved much of their b25 from LTE to nr.  Some counties have more n25 than a neighboring county, but luckily, it is plenty everywhere.   When you are in a very rural area, n41 can run up the bills and then be barely used.  I am NOT finding sites that should have had n41 but TM failed to provide it.  They may have to come back later in a few years and upgrade the site to n41.  However, we just may eventually see the last little piece on Band 25 leave LTE and move to n25. I am not sure if the satellite to phone service is using band 25 G block as LTE or nr. We also can possibly have at least some AWS move from LTE to nr at some point.  Yes, everybody wants n41. it is not justified in some cases.  When I travel, I desire some decent service along the entire route but it does not have to be 1 or 2 gig download.   If I can get 50/5 on a speedtest with data that will flow and not stutter, I am very happy. Yes, they will swap out the USC gear.  TM needs to match their existing network. The USCC equipment did the job for years, but it is time to retire it.