Network Vision/LTE - Hawaii Market (including Honolulu, Oahu and all Hawaiian Islands)

markjcc

Aloha. My first post here. Just did a speed test in the Nuuanu area. Was picking up dinner at Bangkok Chef. 8.26 down and 0.97 up. 163 ms ping

Wish upload speeds were better

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Wish upload speeds were better

It wont really get any better until bands 26 and 41 are deployed. Which wouldn't shock me if it takes another year +. Or you are somewhere within 1/4 mile of a lte tower with little congestion. The fastest I ever got was 17.28 down and 5.03 up right outside Target Salt Lake.

It wont really get any better until bands 26 and 41 are deployed. Which wouldn't shock me if it takes another year +. Or you are somewhere within 1/4 mile of a lte tower with little congestion. The fastest I ever got was 17.28 down and 5.03 up right outside Target Salt Lake.

per sponsor access to schedules, Band 41 is rather 90-180 days out. All the hard work has been completed for Network Vision 1.0 which is Band 25. Band 41 will blow away the competitors.

• Like 2

per sponsor access to schedules, Band 41 is rather 90-180 days out. All the hard work has been completed for Network Vision 1.0 which is Band 25. Band 41 will blow away the competitors.

Are u folks talking about Spark

Yes

Given the decent site density on Oahu, the B41 network should be pretty darn good there! :tu:

• Like 2

In terms of speed?

T-mobile in town especially in Waikiki averages about 60-70+MB download 15-20MB upload

My Co workers on Sprint will be happy with Spark if it tops T-mobile speeds

Edited by HawaiiD

In terms of speed?

T-mobile in town especially in Waikiki averages about 60-70+MB download 15-20MB upload

My Co workers on Sprint will be happy with Spark if it tops T-mobile speeds

Unless you're torrenting something, would it even be noticeable? Normal web browsing/youtube/social networking, I can't tell the difference between regulat Sprint LTE and any other network.

network.sprint showing hawaii kai, ft ruger, punchbowl, lower nuuanu, upper nuuanu, waimalu, wahiawa, and makakilo. Things are coming along nicely

I know. It took so long and now it's kinda exciting to watch.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

How is Sprint coverage in Waikiki? I will be traveling there within the next few weeks for Business. Usually stay in Waikiki. Was there back in May and had AT&T at that time and worked great but I recently switched to Sprint.

How is Sprint coverage in Waikiki? I will be traveling there within the next few weeks for Business. Usually stay in Waikiki. Was there back in May and had AT&T at that time and worked great but I recently switched to Sprint.

Sensorly shows great coverage. I avoid Waikiki so I don't know personally. Awesomecabbie would know, he's mapped that whole area.

Sensorly shows great coverage. I avoid Waikiki so I don't know personally. Awesomecabbie would know, he's mapped that whole area.

Alright. I usually stay at the Holiday Inn down there. Pretty nice location. If awsomecabbie knows about coverage down there Id love to know. I looked at the maps on Sensorly and it ahows LTE but I wonder if speeds are good

it's good outdoors, can't tell you how it'll be in your hotel. I go in and out of LTE in my office by the zoo but outdoors it's steady

I was in Waikiki a few days ago, and 3g was usable.  Not lightning fast though.  LTE was available just outside Ala Moana.

Most of Waikiki has LTE coverage now. There are a couple of dead spots that I need to call Sprint about. At Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center near the intersection of Don Ho Lane and Royal Hawaiian Ave, I haven't been able to get service of any kind. The phone shows a full LTE signal, but text messages won't send and calls won't go through. There are a couple of other places that do that as well, but that's the only one in Waikiki.

• Like 1