Using Data

rza_arts

How long does it take you to use up 2 GIG of Data each month, are you even able to use that much if your on a 3G connection? I am finding it very hard to get even to that much data. If you are able to reach that 2 GIG of Data each month, what do you typically do on your smartphone?

Sorry for the errors in english, i'm not from around here.

Edited by rza_arts

It really depends on what you do. Check Email... Uses Data. Weather Widget Uses Data. If you download apps, update apps, you can use a good bit of data. Many websites are over a MB/page (with movies, flash,etc.). browse alot and you can use data. With that said, it all depends on what you do. 2GB is a lot of data and even most teenagers don't use more than it (unless they use YouTube or Netflix or even somthing like Pandora). Under 3G I think you would have to work at it a little bit. Under 4G speeds, you tend to use your devices more, Check weather, play games, etc. it is MUCH easier to hit a 2GB cap. Most devices have the ability to warn you when they get to a certian data level (usually 50 or 75% of your limit).

With Sprints Unlimited, you don't have to track your data usage... That can be a real plus.

I use it up about a third of the way into the month. I stream a lot of Pandora and Grooveshark. Download a lot of office documents, get lots of emails, occasionally stream video and use a minimal amount of tethering (which maybe amounts to 200mb a month).

In total, I use about 4~7 gigs a month.

My typical usage includes, streaming radio, streaming slingbox, lots of emails and web browsing. I would say I use about 8 gigs a month but I try to use wifi when I can so with that I probably use about 3 gigs of actual sprint data per month. With the recent addition of lte though my usage have increased a little as well.

• Like 1

I don't spend enough time next to decent speed towers to use more than about a gig.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Ditto...on average I maybe hit about 700-800 megs a month currently at best. At home I'm almost always on Wi-fi, and at work I don't have a strong enough signal to do anything that would require a consistent data stream. Which completely sucks as I'm limited in what I can access through the network at work.

How long does it take you to use up 2 GIG of Data each month, are you even able to use that much if your on a 3G connection? I am finding it very hard to get even to that much data. If you are able to reach that 2 GIG of Data each month, what do you typically do on your smartphone?

Sorry for the errors in english, i'm not from around here.

for me on average, i use around 3gb/mo. This is with WIFI-OFFLOADING. however, since lte is so close to home (work) i used almost 2gigs in 1 day :o *without trying-few roms, vidoes, speedtests and some video* my typical use is listening to online radio about an hour a day, causal web surfing, and several youtube videos a day. Facebook is also a data hog for me. If i use btntogo (big 10 network app), i used 1.25gb in just over an hour while watching a football game (had no idea it used up that much data so fast, so ill use it mainly on wifi only)

I see, in your opinion do you think it is worth it to buy the iPhone 5 outright (650$) or is it better to go with a contract, i want to stay with Verizon until sprint gets 4G in my area. It would cost me $650 to keep my unlimited 4G data.

My 3G speeds have been decent recently, but I find myself using less than a gig a month. I'm at a university, and everywhere indoors on campus has a 20+ mbps WiFi connection. So, I use WiFi probably 90% of the time. According to my data stats, I've used 3.66 GB of data on WiFi since the 9th, but only 120 MB of mobile data.

Ditto...on average I maybe hit about 700-800 megs a month currently at best. At home I'm almost always on Wi-fi, and at work I don't have a strong enough signal to do anything that would require a consistent data stream. Which completely sucks as I'm limited in what I can access through the network at work.

Luckily I can look out my window and see the tower I connect to at work.

I just checked and I used 3gigs so far this month. About a week left to go. Says I used the most data on sensorly and the MLB app. About 400 megs each. 2.5 gigs on 3g and .5 gigs on lte.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

I normally go through 2-3gb a month, with wifi offloading. That's just streaming Pandora, Spotify, and Saavn. Other than that, 3G is "available" here in NYC, and does not lend itself to do any more usage other than that.

I spent 20 GB on 4G WiMAX in one night. I was trying to drain my battery in order to calibrate it so I used RootMetrics and used the continuous speed test. Otherwise, I use about 3-5 GB normally.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I have just over a week left in this billing cycle, and I've used 2.5GB of 3G data and 7GB of LTE data, and that's with spotty LTE coverage. I can't imagine being on LTE with a cap. That would be awful.

My usage is mostly from checking the XDA forums, browsing the web, streaming Google Music, and sometimes I'll download a ROM, but usually I do that on wifi.

So far I'm 10 days in to my billing cycle and have transferred just over 4GB. Typical billing cycle usage is around 12GB.

Mostly streaming music from my home NAS over VPN to my phone while at work. It's a tad roundabout way, but the less personal usage on the work corporate network the better. ;)

• Like 1